Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d11_linux] Enemy dwarves get graves, can't do anything with cages  (Read 454 times)

Belathus

• Bay Watcher
  • huzzah for home automation
    • View Profile

So, I genned a world where dwarves show up with goblins when they ambush/siege.  And now, these enemy dwarves occupy my graves, and I can't do anything with them caged besides chasm the cage they're in.  I didn't see this in the bug list (except, perhaps, one being unable to free dwarves placed in cages).

The game is unmodified.

The save is uploaded here if you wish to see for yourself: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=965
I even have a caged enemy dwarf if you'd like to chasm him and see him take up a coffin.  Fun stuff.
Nothing to see here.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d11_linux] Enemy dwarves get graves, can't do anything with cages
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 10:52:51 am »

All dwarves are united in death.

As for the cage thing, what else did you expect to be able to do with the dwarf in it? Can you not build the cage?
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Belathus

• Bay Watcher
  • huzzah for home automation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 11:52:15 pm »

Perhaps feed him to my pet giant cave spider?
Nothing to see here.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 12:13:29 am »

You could do that by building the cage, linking it to a lever, and pulling the lever (assuming you can build the cage, which you didn't say one way or another if you could). Or by designating a pit above the spider's home and pitting the dwarf into it.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels