Draconians (neutral)
Kongonyokai (skulky)
Hill Giants (hostile)
Orcs (hostile)
Goblins (hostile)
Kobolds (skulky)
Dwarves (i.e., i the voter am insane)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Wildsack ! Succession game with unique surprises.  (Read 2821 times)

Monkeyvich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wildsack ! Succession game with unique surprises.
« on: April 14, 2009, 01:20:36 am »

I am cooking some raws (which the other players have helped come up with the parameters for, and which has no cheaty smelter reactions or other gross monty haulism, in fact the addition of more evil and potentially hostile races and monsters will make this quite a challenge....).

Players:  Monkeyvich, Flame, Worldwaker, pitchblack, and yoru!
 (Edit: Omath, db48x, Red Fortune added to lineup as well!)

Since I am cooking up the raws a bit (nothing ridiculous, a bit of D&D flavor for old school sake and some similar spice) ... So I will post again a link to a copy of DF with my raws ready to go.  Any votes on tilesets?  make them below.  Otherwise I am setting it up with Ranting Rodent's.  Although changing graphics on Init on the copy we pass is definitely ok if you are accustomed to other tiles.

As soon as I get the raws ready (and test for basic viability, should be quick a day or so?) then I'll pass them to the group, and we'll worldgen and look for sites and share especially neat ones on DFFA ... (save those world seeds !)

We have yet to finalize who is on actual embark or the rotation.  Discuss?

Worldwaker gets first year of play.  Apparently he's quite a pioneer, let's hope that's the case... XD

One ground rule, no preventable noble deaths if we can help it guys.  Especially the ones we name for ourselves (one per handle, though amusing nicknames for dwarves with fun histories are acceptable ... no other peoples' handles though.  let's keep it in-game except for our persona dwarf characters ... XD  Let's not nickname random dwarves 'paris hilton' or whatnot ... funny is fine but let's get into the dwarf vibe when doing our comedy ...  XD  kthx)

-------

Here begins the saga of Wildsack!

------

UPDATE:

Raws are done, the file is up on DFFD:  http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=969
It is a zipped copy of the whole thing with a suggested worldgen profile called WILDSACK.
Find sites using embark, export for DFMA if you'd like to suggest sites, and we'll vote.....

« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 04:24:42 pm by Monkeyvich »

Pitchblack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wildsack ! Succession game with unique surprises.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 02:21:22 am »

This promises to be interesting. I cant wait to see what is done to the raws :)

Monkeyvich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 05:12:37 pm »

Hi you guys.

Let's make this a great succession game!

Ground Rules:

* Only one living dwarf can be chosen and named at a time.  if your persona dwarf dies, you can get a new immigrant or something.  Let's try to use our board handles ??  not a requirement.

* Don't deliberately kill, or through gross inaction allow to be killed, Nobles.  :P  I know how much of a pain this may be.

Guidelines:

Make up a fun tone and character for your year of narration.  the more stories and pictures and map exports .. heck, movies if you do that, the better.

We will use DFFA for site candidates, as soon as the raws get done and whoever gets worldgen duty does a good one to pass around.  One site candidate maximum for each inital player (if you want, you don't have to site search if you don't want to) and then we'll vote here.

If you set up levers or areas that are VERY STRUCTURALLY IMPORTANT or leaky of hot or cold fluids, PLEASE put NOTES with the Notes feature.  While Boatmurdered was hilarious, unlabeled death levers.... don't allow for a multi decade fortress saga.

Other than that, feel free to start insane projects as long as we don't just keep reconstructing and blocking/deconstructing each other's projects (unless everyone involved thinks it's hilarious of course beforehand)....  and have fun with it.

(modified version of this included in a READ ME WILDSACK PLAYERS file to be included with raws)

-- Monkeyvich.

As of this writing we have as players:

Monkeyvich
Yoru
Pitchblack
Worldwaker
Vandelay
Omath (edited in)

This list is not an order of play and is still open, heck starting with seven seems appropriate somehow?

Comments?   Questions?   Suggestions?  

Also pls let me know if i should take you OFF this list.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 04:07:06 pm by Monkeyvich »

Monkeyvich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 01:20:30 am »

Currently the raws are ... about 3/4 done?

I have all 5 new civilization entities (and associated creatures) added, as well as a few new monsters, a couple of those left, then a couple other goodies and we are almost ready to worldgen/sitehunt.

Who is up for worldgen?  Whoever it is should be ready by Thursday or Friday for this duty ... XD

Then the generated world can be distributed to all players who wish to help site-hunt.    Possible sites should be test-embarked onto just to put onto DFFA for voting.    One site per player maximum but you don't have to pick ... everyone still will get a vote for final site whether they submit a candidate site or not.

Monkeyvich

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 04:24:03 am »

Sounds interesting... Any hints on what you're cooking up in those raws? And can I sign up, or do we have to be pro? (If so, I'm not your man)

I vote for DR tileset, dunno what character set, and hell, we could even mod in some new tiles for the new creatures/races.

Also, I have a magnificent CPU, I can generate max size worlds in a few minutes (depends on luck)

Is this a continuation of another topic? It seems quite prearranged.

Ta.
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

Monkeyvich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 11:19:30 am »

Sounds interesting... Any hints on what you're cooking up in those raws? And can I sign up, or do we have to be pro? (If so, I'm not your man)

I vote for DR tileset, dunno what character set, and hell, we could even mod in some new tiles for the new creatures/races.

Also, I have a magnificent CPU, I can generate max size worlds in a few minutes (depends on luck)

Is this a continuation of another topic? It seems quite prearranged.

Ta.

The raws are planned to have some deliberate surprises.   Others have helped form the requests.  To sum up though....  2 enemy civs, 1 neutral civ, 1 friendly civ, 1 skulking civ.    Around 10 monsters, mostly from D&D sources...  no magic == no super-magic beings, but be aware that I'm clever with workarounds... XD.   Also there may be a new craft or instrument or four, maybe some new gems or metals, but not many.  Most of this is done already.

As far as the "pre arranged" part, yeah, we've been talking about it on IRC for a couple days XD.  If you are on Newnet, come find me on #bay12games.  :P

Monkeyvich

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 11:53:03 am »

Indeed this does sound interesting. Count me in.

Monkeyvich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 03:47:59 pm »

The raws are done.   They seem to work great in testing.

So!  Who is doing Worldgen?   The ball should get rolling!

Monkeyvich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 03:55:31 pm »

Please contact me via forum private message or find me on #bay12games on Newnet IRC.   We are now ready for worldgen.  STRIKE THE EARTH!

Unless the majority of players just prefer me to roll a world just blindly enough to ensure all new races are present?   With plenty of cliffs, mountains, and lava?    Please everyone, feed back.

Monkeyvich

Pitchblack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 10:48:02 pm »

ok everyone the raws are done and we can start making worlds. please do so so we can get this ball rolling.

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 12:06:01 am »

Sounds intriguing.. sounds like a disaster waiting to happen!

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 02:35:35 am »

But wait, am I allowed to join? (Again, I'm quite a noob at DF, but I get the basics.)
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 05:16:32 am »

But wait, am I allowed to join? (Again, I'm quite a noob at DF, but I get the basics.)

You're listed in the readme, so you are in. Grab the files from http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=969

db48x

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 05:59:36 am »

Gen your own world with your chosen seed(s), find an embark site (we ideally want lava, caves, some type of river (above or under), WITH SAND, and temperate/tropical.)

I really want sand as well, but I'm not having much luck... What about you guys?

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 07:35:26 am »

Where do I sign up?

I would like to be one of the magnificent seven, or masochistic seven.. or what have you.
Pages: [1] 2 3