Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Merging Stockpiles  (Read 3847 times)

Shad0wyone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Merging Stockpiles
« on: April 13, 2009, 10:19:29 pm »

Alright, first off, I want to be able to merge stockpiles that are adjacent, it's extremely annoying when I mark a stockpile, then it turns out later I expand it, and I have to add another stockpile, or remove the old one and create a new one, I tend to use large stockpiles.

AncientEnemy

• Bay Watcher
  • The Answer is always POUR MAGMA ON IT
    • View Profile
Re: Merging Stockpiles
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 10:33:13 pm »

that would be nice. perhaps just designating a new stockpile of the same type over an existing one would expand the existing one.

i also dislike how it sequentially numbers your stockpiles, counting ones you removed. i'd like to use food stockpile 1 2 and 3 instead of 46 49 and 51 because i moved/expanded them many times as my fort grew

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 10:58:35 pm »

Personally, I'd love this is the form of a "redesignate area" key for stockpiles. So I don't have to keep selecting "bone skull shell" or "obsidian" or whatever it happens to be from the slightly tedious custom stockpile menu every time I expand my storehouses.

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 03:20:35 am »

Another helpful interface function would be the ability to forbid a certain good in all other stockpiles. If you want to make a new stockpile that collects all objects of a kind in the fortress, that would save a lot of hassle. Otherwise, you would have to check every stockpile to see if there are items of that kind allowed and manually uncheck them.
Dwarf Fortress cured my savescumming.
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 04:52:58 am »

Another helpful interface function would be the ability to forbid a certain good in all other stockpiles. If you want to make a new stockpile that collects all objects of a kind in the fortress, that would save a lot of hassle. Otherwise, you would have to check every stockpile to see if there are items of that kind allowed and manually uncheck them.
Seconded.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 02:35:32 pm »

i also dislike how it sequentially numbers your stockpiles, counting ones you removed. i'd like to use food stockpile 1 2 and 3 instead of 46 49 and 51 because i moved/expanded them many times as my fort grew

This times a million. Same for the activity zones