Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chain yourself up, sheriff  (Read 1997 times)

suicidal_dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Chain yourself up, sheriff
« on: April 13, 2009, 01:19:57 pm »

What happens when the captain of the useless guard is ordered to chain himself up for justice? Cos mine hasn't done it, and that's held up all of the punishments. I have a captain and a full guard complement, who aren't doing anything at all. Should I change the fortress guard captain and let the other guy get chained up for violating a work order?
Scamps has adopted ToadyOne!
ToadyOne cancels work: Play with cat

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chain yourself up, sheriff
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 01:37:49 pm »

I think you've found a perfect state of affairs right there. Dwarven justice is a farce anyway.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 02:19:17 pm »

Slightly releated;

If dwarf a slams into dwarf b after a fall, will Utrist McA be charged with assault/murder?

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 04:00:01 pm »

Actually, I have a similar problem, with a guard that apparently hauled something he shouldn't have holding up the use of my jails.  Unfortuantely, it has no effect on my hammerer, who gladly takes over.  I just thought to un-draft the guy, so I'll let you know if that works.

Have you tried relieving the sheriff of his position, at least temporarily?
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

suicidal_dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 04:04:34 pm »

I'm slightly worried about the effect of the hammerer on this state of affairs. Like half of fort dead effect. I'll try relieving him of his post at some point. At the moment I'm too busy trying to kill off my adolescent mayor who has made an inane series of demands and mandates in the space of 5 minutes.

Though it would be interesting to see him chain up and beat a legendary wrestler / axedwarf. (I hope that guy tantrums and kills the hammerer during the punishment; it's happened before in other forts).
Scamps has adopted ToadyOne!
ToadyOne cancels work: Play with cat

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 03:52:13 am »

Hmmmm... I have a fortress guard that apparently needs to be punished, but isn't.  I think it's either because he's in the fortress guard, or because he's a legendary wrestler, which is keeping me from un-drafting him...  is there any way to remove him from the fortress guard using Dwarf Companion or some other utility?

[EDIT]: Alternatively, is there a way to use such a program to remove his legendary status?  I tried using Dwarf Companion to bring his wrestling under legendary status, but he remained legendary anyways...  any ideas?
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 03:59:48 am »

If dwarf a slams into dwarf b after a fall, will Utrist McA be charged with assault/murder?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAA *splat*
"Step away from the dwarf or we will be forced to subdue you! Okay, get 'em boys!"
*thump* *smack* *crunch*
"God, the pain! Why? WHY!"
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 05:13:16 am by Jackrabbit »

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 04:03:54 am »

any ideas?

Drowning chamber.
Magma chamber.
Ballista champer.
Starving champer.
I'm out.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 05:02:46 am »

"Step away from the dwarf or we will be forced to subdue you! Okay, get 'em boys!"
*thump* *smack* *crunch*
"assault on a fellow dwarf... You're going away for a long time sonny"

Reminds me of the guard wars in Oblivion, if a guard hurt another guard all guards would be hostile to him. But since he still was a guard the other guards would attack his attackers to.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 05:12:28 am »

Haha yeah that was pretty fun.

Oh there was the same in DF or?

"Stolen weapon gets stuck in Guard" Guard becomes criminal

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 05:14:19 am »

The joke was that falling on a dwarf and injuring him would make a guard attack you. I changed it, is it more understandable now?

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 09:16:09 am »

oh we got it. they merely wandered into their own direction with it

:)
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009, 02:33:35 pm »

*thump* *smack* *crunch*
"assault on a fellow dwarf... You're going away for a long time sonny"

Reminds me of the guard wars in Oblivion, if a guard hurt another guard all guards would be hostile to him. But since he still was a guard the other guards would attack his attackers to.
yeah... had the guards from the "Black Mine"( i think thats what it was called)
was start a war... they where following me around for some reason till i punched a guard in the face who didn't seem to like that very much, luckily a random orc decided to go clobber the guard. Whereto the black mine guards responded by attacking her... That being a crime they got in a quarrel with the guards and they just started killing everybody while calling each other murderer...
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...