Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Human Fortress RolePlaying Game!!! A New Concept!!!  (Read 5591 times)

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Human Fortress RolePlaying Game!!! A New Concept!!!
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2009, 04:25:39 pm »

alright

Urist climbs up, helps bring the bear back for eating, by kicking it out so it falls down 20 ft. and then looks for cave based crops in the cave, might as well get an underground food source going, and then rest.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2009, 04:41:48 pm »

I'll plant more seeds, followed by a quick rest. Potato seeds.

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2009, 05:24:38 pm »

I find somewhere to rest in the cave. Then I rest. Duh.
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2009, 06:30:28 pm »

Everyone's here... excellent!

Floirt: You find a nice flat rock in the front of the cave. You rest for a bit, interrupted only by Urist's spluttering and flailing. + 15 stamina.

Sombre: You climb up slowly, and shove the bear off. It kinda splats a bit, but that's not a big problem. You find what you think to be a fungusy mossy thing. It's soft-ish, but it's too dark to see at the back of the cave. You decide what the heck and take a taste of it. Bear poop flavored, but edible. Bear poop flavored... BEAR SHIT!!! OH GOD! You flail around and spit it out. Quite disgruntled, you find a spot free of bear poop and lay your back against the wall. Net effect: No change to stamina.

Webadict: You decide not to bother with the bull and instead make two more neat rows of potato on the margins of the already tilled plot. The new shelter seems a nice enough place, but it's being worked on, so you make a triangle of the three remaining boards from the wagon, and rest. Net effect: +5 stamina.

Frelock: You make a bridge frame out of the poles, and while it may not be one of those fancy bridges, it works very well. You end up only using 15 of the 30 poles you created. -20 stamina.

Pandarsenic: You carry some of the choicer, albeit heavier, logs you made and turn them into thick planks. Then you prop them u against the sides of the shelter, blocking out the draft from 3 directions. With the help from NUKE it's quite easy. -10 stamina.

NUKE: You haul some logs over for Pandarsenic and, once he's done, use some remaining planks to fashion a fourth wall with an overhang over the gap that will be a door. Deciding to contribute more, you spend some time scrounging out clay. You get four, nice, brick shaped chunks from the hill before becoming exhausted. -20 stamina.

Siquo: You make a small fire near the 'door' of the shelter and cook up the 9 bricks you guys have. They turn out finely enough. You aren't all that tired, but after struggling through tree roots to make 2 more clay bricks, you find you're too tired to stay awake long enough to fire them. Deciding it's dangerous to just leave it as is, you bank the fire and rest by it. Net effect: -20 stamina.

Materials lost: 9 clay bricks. 15 wooden shafts. 12 logs. 10 potato seeds. Sheltery thingy. Bear corpse.

Materials gained: 9 fired clay bricks. 2 clay bricks. Rough shelter. Fire. 10 fresh planted potato crops. Bridge. Smushed bear corpse. Regurgitated bear poop.

(I split the logs Frelock made and the logs Pandar made to represent their previous descriptions. Frelock made a bunch of thick poles that would serve as staffs, spears, a support, etc. Pandarsenic made logs like what would be used for firewood and be used to make planks. There would be a huge difference). Please wait for the new map before doing anything though.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8518/04142009183810.png

Not sure if the image will end up working, so I put a link to the picture.

New PoI.
1. The new shelter and the fire. All the previous contents of the wagon are occupying the back half of it, leaving sleeping room for 2 people.
4. The cave has been discovered.
8. The tree has been removed from the hill, and now exists as a pile of logs.
9. A pile of thick poles, and Frelock's bridge of epic.
10. A bear corpse and a surprising amount of (invisible) blood.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 06:46:40 pm by sonerohi »
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2009, 06:50:56 pm »

Also, your character receives cool points if you comment on my great drawing skills. Granted, cool points do absolutely nothing, but you still have them and other people don't.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2009, 06:56:55 pm »

Frelock looks at the map of his new home, and is very pleased with the results.

He then takes a few wooden poles to the shelter, and makes a primitive bed out of them.  Then he sleeps in said bed.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2009, 07:00:29 pm »

Pandarsenic fondly regards sonerohi's awesome map and - HOLY SHIT THAT WAS DONE IN MS PAINT?

Wow.

Uh, anyway. Make a door for the shelter and test its windproofing. By sleeping in it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2009, 07:04:12 pm »

Great drawing skillz are great.
Actually awesome considered it is done in ms-paint.  :D

I mine a spiral-ramp that goes from the base to the top of the cliff (and vice-versa). I also clean up the cave of any "unfortunate" stuff. Like bear shit.

EDIT: Also, I don't quite get how turns works. Do we get 5 actions, or 1? When do we actually sleep?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 10:26:16 pm by Floirt »
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2009, 08:31:33 pm »

...Must plant more seed!

I plant the rest of the seeds!

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2009, 10:07:32 pm »

I attempt to forage with all my remaining actions for now. forage forage forage etc.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2009, 12:55:55 am »

I wonder if there's a room for a kobold thief?  ;D

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2009, 01:52:57 am »

Build that oven I spoke of earlier.

So we can cook our bear and geese.

Then, make more bricks.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2009, 03:58:01 am »

I shall take a nap in the shelter.
I shall spend any remaining time looking for some rocks with which to build a forge.
Long Live United Forenia!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2009, 08:42:03 am »

I wonder if there's a room for a kobold thief?  ;D

Definitely not. Human fortress.

Also, turns coming up shortly.
Please be patient and don't slaughter any nearby furry animals.
Also, fuck stamina. I'm on spring-break, math is for schooltime.
Actually, to hell with all the complicated mechanics that aren't really working. For what it's worth, this is basically a Roll to Action. I'm gonna wait before moving it, but it will be moved once everyone has had fair notice.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 08:50:13 am by sonerohi »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2009, 09:03:09 am »

Frelock: With practice comes perfect, and you haven't practiced very much. It's a sturdy frame and it keeps you off the ground, but it's not very pretty. You fall alseep quickly due to how long it's been since you last slept.

NUKE: You curl up on the other side of the shelter and take a quick nap, before going out and finding four large smooth stones in the shape of icoceles trapezoids.

Siquo: You stack up 4 of the bricks into a nice dome-ish shape around the fire, leaving a hole at the top and a smaller one at the bottom, before scrounging up another three clay bricks.

Floirt: You get about 10 feet carved through the thick stone before stopping. You discovered: 4 chunks of stone and 1 chunk of marble. After that, scraping bear crap off the back wall of the cave was an enjoyable task.

Sombre: You scrounge up five handfuls of blackberries and an odd tangle of leaves that resembles a small, mossy rodent.

Pandarsenic: With skill unbeknownst to you, you carp(?) together some wooden hinges. Not really the best, and they stick a little, but hot damn you have hinges! After that it's elementary to affix them to both the door and the wall. A door! To celebrate success, you nap in the spot that was recently occupied by NUKE.

Webadict: You carefully plant the pumpkin seeds in the ruts left by the wagon. Inventive.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5