Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Human Fortress RolePlaying Game!!! A New Concept!!!  (Read 5590 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Human Fortress RolePlaying Game!!! A New Concept!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2009, 09:09:37 pm »

AWW MAN! I would have jumped into this in a heart beat had I not been away from the computer for the last hour or so!

I want to be a migrant, BIG TIME!

Should I make my character sheet in advance?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2009, 09:11:39 pm »

Bad idea to make migration more palatable, somehow: Migrants get 50 skill points.

Also, I express interest in this.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2009, 09:22:08 pm »

Can I take insanity as a quirk?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2009, 10:28:31 pm »

You guys can call dibs on migrants, sure. Also, this round is an instant success round due to how good a condition you're in from the nice treatment and good foodstuffs were on the ship. It's also special that, instead of a fixed stamina usage per action, it's a roll equal to your max stamina to determine how much you use, to keep things balanced. Now we just need NUKE and Siquo.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2009, 03:06:11 am »

Spend 2/5 turns hunting geese, 3/5 start making clay bricks for a building.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2009, 05:39:19 am »

Dibs on a migrant.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2009, 01:54:42 pm »

Spend as many turns as necessary converting the wagon into some sleeping-huts.
If possible spend one turn sleeping.
Spend any turns left over helping siquo make bricks.
Long Live United Forenia!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2009, 02:32:50 pm »

Floirt: You tie your pick to the end of the rope and chuck it up the cliff, catching it on a rock. You scramble up and grab your pick, untying it swiftly. You drive the point of the pick through the bears mouth as it roars, and it spikes up and into it's brain. It was quite exhaustive work. -88 of 105 stamina.

SombreChapaeu: Your arrow flies straight and true, whizzing past Floirt's shoulder and into the bear's eye, through it's eye and into it's brain, and ultimately getting stuck in the head of Floirt's pick. You had to dig the bow out from under the anvil though. -20 of 105 stamina.

Pandarsenic: With a mighty heave and a show of your manly muscles, you cut a tree down so swiftly mother nature was like "sloooow down" and you merely scoffed at her. You cut away the branches and bark fairly slow though, but still managed to convert the tree into 30 very nice logs. The base of the tree was rotted, making it easy for you to cut it. -21 of 100 stamina.

Webadict: You quickly plow a small patch of land by the wagon and plant all the corn seeds into two neat rows of five. Getting the bull to start moving required a lot of shoving though. -27 of 100 stamina.

Frelock: In a display of stunning skill, you swam straight through the river and felled a tree. You turned what used to be bark and branches into a pile of fine kindling, and the tree into 30 long shafts. You must've swam through some rapids or something because that was the most exhaustive swim ever. -49 of 105 stamina.

Siquo: You fell 2 geese in their flight and take them back to the wagon before scraping up three large clay chunks from the hill, which you shape into un-fired bricks. The tree roots got in the way and made digging a bit difficult. -45 of 105 stamina.

NUKE: You move all the stuff off the wagon via shoving forcefully. You then take the wagon axles and snap them in half, setting the now four stakes into the ground as a square. After that you dismantled the bed of the wagon and scraped some shallow grooves into the edges, and lined them up with the stakes to make a simple shelter, about 4 ft tall. You take a quick nap to "test the structure" before making 2 clay bricks with Siquo.

Materials gained: 2 dead geese. 1 dead bear. 60 logs. 5 clay bricks. Tent-ish structure thingy. A small farm plot with 10 corn crops recently planted. 4 wheels. 3 large (2ft by 4ft) boards.

Materials lost: 3 arrows. 10 corn seeds. Wagon.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2009, 03:14:50 pm »

Construct a second shelter or improve the first one with the logs.

Which should it be, brethren?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2009, 03:29:02 pm »

Help upgrade the shelter.
Spend remaining turns making more bricks.
Long Live United Forenia!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2009, 03:39:40 pm »

Upgrade the shelter I shall, then.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2009, 03:46:09 pm »

I'd like to call dibs on a migrant. Seems interesting.
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2009, 03:46:57 pm »

I'll take a few logs and build a bridge across the river, so I don't have to swim again.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2009, 04:12:35 pm »

Fire bricks using some wood in an open fire. Build an oven using the fired bricks. It can be used to cook food, and to fire bricks while using less wood than firing over an open fire would.

Rest when out of stamina. Make more bricks. How many would I need for a small shelter?

Edit: we need a place to store food first. How many bricks are needed to build a granary that can contain all our current food?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2009, 04:15:56 pm »

Just out of bricks, maybe... bout 20 bricks. Only 12 if you don't want the granary to have a floor. Also, I'm drawing a new picture to show updates made to the site after this turn.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5