Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 7 ends the game  (Read 54509 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 7 dawns after all
« Reply #465 on: May 08, 2009, 03:26:35 pm »

Jesus! No! Masami, where are you?

Alright, why is Zai guilty?

Because, he has touted himself around as the psychic warden, the ONLY person capable of randomly stopping the dopps each night. However, the dopps have NEVER tried to kill him. They never tried to kill the only person capable of throwing a wrench into their plans. Therefore, he is a dopp, it's the only explanation.

Frelock is also suspicious, because he defended WA despite his flawed logic, and seemed interested when I put up the possibility that Inaluct was the Exterminator alien.

If you'll agree with me Alex, please vote for Zaithemaster

Please extend the day Meph, we need a bit more activity.

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 08, 2009, 03:30:28 pm »

I'll vote for Zaithemaster too.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #467 on: May 08, 2009, 03:33:08 pm »

Ok.  That seems reasonable.  However... seeing there's 3 1/2 hours I think I can try to get a better feeling of the game before I vote.

Masami has been inactive too?  I thought I'd seen her posting in the last pages...

When and why did you say inaluct was the ext alien?  How did frelock respond?  Have you analized webadict's posts?

I, too, agree with a deadline extension.  from 18 to 19/20 (GMT-3) I may not be able to post. 

“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 08, 2009, 03:34:19 pm »

vote Zaithemaster

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 08, 2009, 03:34:45 pm »

oh.. no... I was quoting masami...  :-[

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 08, 2009, 03:41:42 pm »

I responded by saying that, if Inaluct was the exterminator alien, I would have to slightly re-work my logic, as I assumed he was either a survivor alien or a dopp.

And Josh, my logic was NOT flawed, my assumption "a survivor alien would go along with the dopps in order to win" was flawed.  You have to admit, Inaluct's sacrifice(as it indeed turned out to be a sacrifice) was definitely not in his own interests.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 08, 2009, 03:47:39 pm »

Ok.  That seems reasonable.  However... seeing there's 3 1/2 hours I think I can try to get a better feeling of the game before I vote.

Masami has been inactive too?  I thought I'd seen her posting in the last pages...

When and why did you say inaluct was the ext alien?  How did frelock respond?  Have you analized webadict's posts?

I, too, agree with a deadline extension.  from 18 to 19/20 (GMT-3) I may not be able to post. 

WA's posts have been analyzed inside and out. The only thing we found out was that he's a very good liar.

I thought Inaluct was the Ext. alien because he was VERY fast in selling out WA when he was propositioned with the opportunity to vote with the dopps, so I thought he was lying about being the survivor alien and was really the Exterminator because he'd be able to survive an attack.

I have reason to believe Inaluct's sacrifice was not selfless, that he had an ulterior motive. What exactly that motive could be, is, well, beyond me.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 08, 2009, 04:00:04 pm »

Very well, since I have at least two players asking for an extension I will grant one.

You have until tomorrow morning. I'll end the day as soon as I have a chance to get online and count everything up.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 08, 2009, 04:17:34 pm »

Actually...everyone has voted. So I don't think an extension is really necessary.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 08, 2009, 04:50:21 pm »

Yeah...Town just lost. I'm now 100% certain Josh is a Dopp. No need to really explain in depth as the game is about to finish and I have other things to attend to. His whole argument is what he set up just for this ("it's the only explanation [NO WAIT DON'T TRY AND THINK OF ANY MORE OR ELSE MY PLAN WILL BE RUINED]"). Josh is typically the mastermind behind any Mafia plot (especially those in which he is a Mafioso) anyway, so it makes sense. Because of this, his last remaining accomplice (Masami, I'm assuming, as Alexhans appeared genuinely confused; thus why I'm unvoting him) wouldn't really have much of a plan to end the game with in his favor (no posthumous PMing in this game).

I am going to have a big laugh if the last Mafia members are actually Frelock and Alexhans. That would be hilariously surprising. But I highly doubt it, as Josh's arguments don't really make sense (see parts earlier in my post, I suppose), and he's typically on top of the game when he's Mafia. But it would still be funny if Frelock was a Mafia member, considering I've shared info with him for a turn or two, but this possibility is why I didn't tell him who I blocked last turn.

This game has been kind of interesting. For the last few turns (since like...day 5), it's been a "LAST CHANCE GUYS WE GOTTA GET THE DOPPS OR ELSE WE LOSE IMMEDIATELY" sort of scenario. It's kind of annoying when you're playing on the town side. =/
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 08, 2009, 04:58:37 pm »

Your non-evidence isn't convincing Zai. Explain why the dopps haven't hit you, despite you being the single greatest threat to their survival. Explain that, and I will apologize.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 08, 2009, 05:09:57 pm »

Your non-evidence isn't convincing Zai. Explain why the dopps haven't hit you, despite you being the single greatest threat to their survival. Explain that, and I will apologize.

Out of my control. You can hardly expect me to be able to explain the reasoning behind why another (completely separate) party did not try to harm me. Demanding me to do so when it is impossible only makes me think more that you are a Dopp. My guess is that the Dopps were trying to "frame" me. Set me up so that the town would believe that I'm a Dopp when I'm not.

But, ah. This arguing is pointless anyway. Frelock and Alexhans are both offline right now, and I'm pretty sure they are the 2 remaining townies aside from myself. And their votes are on different people (Alexhans (you changed your vote, Josh, which led to Frelock's condition being met to change his vote) and me). And as I doubt Alexhans will be getting on between now and the deadline, I think it's safe to declare the Dopps the winner and get this over with already. I myself am leaving soon to go see a movie. =)
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 08, 2009, 05:33:29 pm »

Hey Meph, what's the whiteboard say? Did Alexhans' vote count?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 08, 2009, 05:35:25 pm »

The Whiteboard

Zaithemaster: chaoticjosh, Masami Phonix, Alexhans
Alexhans: Frelock
chaoticjosh: Zaithemaster
Come play Mafia with us!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 08, 2009, 06:13:16 pm »

Well, Zai.  I'm absolutely certain that you're a townie, and the psychic warden, so I'm going to go stand behind you and vote Josh.  Alex, I know you've just re-joined us, but consider the possibility that Josh is the fiendish accuser here.  He's the one spouting out baseless accusations.  Zai's merely defending himself.  Masami always jumps along with Josh, with no other explanation.  The two have to be in league.  And what do you know, there are exactly two dopplegangers left.  Alex, if you're a townie (which I'm pretty sure you are) you have to vote with us.  Don't let us lose the game!
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35