Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 7 ends the game  (Read 54512 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 6
« Reply #435 on: May 05, 2009, 05:42:13 pm »

Also, I have no choice other than to vote anyone that might lynch someone but me.

Drastic times, drastic measures. Although, inaluct's probably it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 05, 2009, 06:16:37 pm »

This is suspenseful... Anyhow, I hope someone looks through everything, and determines the truth. I can't try anymore. Too exhausted. I'm just gonna stop looking now, go get some food, come back, and see the progress. Maybe Masami or Alexhans'll post, but I doubt it.

Mephansteras, write up something cool. I wanna shoot a few of them. Or at least shoot at them. Make it epic.

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 05, 2009, 06:26:36 pm »

I'll admit, I'm getting really turned around by all this.

I'm going to have to vote Webaddict though.  Sorry buddy.

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 05, 2009, 06:58:19 pm »

sorry, must have misclicked.

Webadict

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 05, 2009, 07:12:54 pm »

sorry, must have misclicked.

Webadict
B 13, T 5, C 23, M 12, B 13, L 17, O 20.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 05, 2009, 07:15:17 pm »

What was that WA?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 05, 2009, 07:24:28 pm »

The day grows long, and the votes are tallied. Today, you find out who and what webadict really is.

As the group converges on him, he starts to laugh. It starts off as a slight chuckle, and slowly grows to malevolent cackle. As he laughs, his features change. His faces smoothes over, his skin grows pale, and his fingernails grow out into large, sharp claws.

The laughter stops abruptly.

"Fools", says the doppelganger "did you really think I'd just lay down and die? You may have seen through my ruse, but that doesn't mean you'll have my life"

Almost faster then you can register, he grabs inaluct by the shirt and hurls him into chaoticjosh and Zaithemaster. As they fall in a heap on the ground, he dashes sideways and bursts through the window.

Masami Phonix rushes over to the window, grabbing the rifle from it's spot on the center table as he runs by.

*CRACK*

The rifle shot echoes through the chamber.

*CRACK*

He shoots again. You all crowd around the window, watching as Masami tries desperately to shoot the fleeing doppelganger. He is too fast, though, his movements too erratic.

Webadict makes a great leap, landing on a nearby car and then again towards the roof of a nearby building.

*CRACK*

Webadict's leap is cut short. He slams into the side of the building, long claws grasping desperately at a window sill. He starts to slowly crawl his way up the side.

*CRACK*

Another shot, but this one misses. You see a puff of dust near his head as the bullet slams into brick.

*CRACK*

Webadict convulses, and falls off the side of the building. His body lies hidden by the car.

You all rush outside, and over to where he fell.

Heaving a sigh of relief, you see that he is still there. His body twisted, and dark stains covering his clothing. Another shot from the rife, this time to the head, and there is no question that he is dead.

A search of his body, and then his home, reveal nothing else of note. It seems he was simply a doppelganger.

You head off. Today was difficult, but rewarding. Maybe you'll live through this after all.

Note: All names in this scene were chosen simply because they voted for Webadict. Masami got the kill because he had the last vote.

Day 6 is over, and Night 6 begins. Night roles, send in your PMs!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 7 dawns after all
« Reply #442 on: May 06, 2009, 05:13:04 pm »

The few of you that are still left alive in this town assemble once again at the town hall. Once there, you see a gruesome sight. Hanging above the door to the town hall is the body of a strange creature. Its skin is blue, it looks like it once had four arms, and on its face are many small tentacles. Or were, at least, as many have been ripped off. The creatures skin has been flayed, and the body still leaks a strange green fluid from a few of the larger wounds.

Looking around, you realize that this being can only have been inaluct. You decide to investigate his house to see what other clues you can discover. There, you find a great deal of information about humans, their culture, and their technology. He appears to have been a scientist of some sort, and looks to have lived in this town for decades. He must have been a survivor alien, as he had claimed. It also appears that the doppelgangers took his refusal of their offers poorly.

You head back to the town hall. Just five of you left now, and two are doppelgangers. You must choose wisely if you are to avoid their claws yourselves.

Day 7 will go until ~5pm pacific time, Friday.

Let the struggle begin!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 06, 2009, 05:17:59 pm »

With only 5 people left, and 3 townies, I say we vote for one of the inactive people. But which one to pick?

Masami is active in other games, but not this one. I'm sure his dopp buddies would just PM him to make him post if he were a Dopp, so I'll discount him for now. For my reasoning in previous posts, I vote Alexhans.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 06, 2009, 07:44:27 pm »

With only 5 people left, and 3 townies, I say we vote for one of the inactive people. But which one to pick?

Masami is active in other games, but not this one. I'm sure his dopp buddies would just PM him to make him post if he were a Dopp, so I'll discount him for now. For my reasoning in previous posts, I vote Alexhans.

I guess I should defend myself.  I'm an ordinary townie, nothing special.  I'll admit I'm less active here, but mostly because the other games are fresher and this one is winding down.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 07, 2009, 11:49:10 am »

The Whiteboard

Alexhans: Zaithemaster
Come play Mafia with us!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 07, 2009, 12:07:20 pm »

Darn you lazy people! I'm forgetful!

Frelock for obviously protecting WA despite his flawed logic.

How come you're not doing the same Zai? Why are you the first person to attack each day?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 07, 2009, 12:56:29 pm »

I still don't exactly see the flaw in his logic.  I'll admit, I was wrong, but that's because I didn't believe a survivor alien would take such a firm stance for the town.  The tone of the PM Inaluct quoted just didn't seem like something a doppelganger Webadict would do, at least until the last few posts when he had given up hope.  I assumed webadict was pulling a clever trick, which I guess he was; he assumed people would see it like I did.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 01:00:27 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 07, 2009, 01:58:39 pm »

Please do not modify post, folks. If you have something else to say, just double-post.
Come play Mafia with us!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 07, 2009, 07:45:55 pm »

Just fixed some stupid grammar mistakes.  I won't do it again in the future.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35