Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 7 ends the game  (Read 54517 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 6
« Reply #420 on: May 04, 2009, 09:11:45 pm »

You're really breaking down WA. Calm down.

So, if you're really the Ext. alien WA, why did you send Inaluct the that PM again? I'm lost as to what that accomplishes.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 04, 2009, 09:43:12 pm »

You're really breaking down WA. Calm down.

So, if you're really the Ext. alien WA, why did you send Inaluct the that PM again? I'm lost as to what that accomplishes.
I'm trying to help the Town. I can't win unless the Town gets close to winning. I'm trying to find all of the roles, pro-Town and anti-Town.

Think of it this way:

You were trusted by the Telepath, and I'm fairly certain you're a Townie.

I also believe Zaithemaster is the Psychic Warden, since the Doppelgangers were unaware of my attack, though he may be bluffing. I'm fairly sure he is Town, though.

All bets are off on everyone else though. I'm positive inaluct is a Doppelganger. It makes sense. I'm trying to win, and I can't win if I die or if the Town loses. And if I can't win, I'm not letting the Doppelgangers win.

And yeah. It's frustrating when people do not listen to you. I've already been judged. It takes more to turn people's minds when they are against you to begin with.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 04, 2009, 09:44:43 pm »

But, you know, why did you send him that PM? And why do you suspect him so much all of a sudden?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 04, 2009, 11:33:59 pm »

But, you know, why did you send him that PM? And why do you suspect him so much all of a sudden?
All of a sudden? No it was built up. I suspected him long before, when he switched to saying he was a Survivor Alien. It didn't feel right, there being 4 Aliens. That's why I needed to figure out a way to test him. Much like your test for me, chaoticjosh. Pretending to be a Doppelganger was a safe bet:

One, if he's the Survivor Alien, he'd either play along in order to help the Town find the other Doppelgangers, or simply vote for chaoticjosh (It had to be someone likely to be Townie, or it wouldn't work.)

Two, if he's the Doppelganger, he'd know right away that I was lying, either ignoring it or, as is the case, acting on it to shift blame to me. I suppose in order to avoid this, I could've sent a pm to you, CJ, but there's only so much that that would've proven. I mean, if I sent it to a Doppelganger, they would've denied its existence (In an extreme case), plus I've gotten used to this solo thing. If I have to survive on my own, I'll do it.

Three, he was a townie pretending to be a Survivor Alien in order to find the Doppelgangers. This option I had originally thought was right, as he had suddenly turned into an Alien after I told him that the Town does have powers. Had this been the case, I would've expected a much less rude reply, which I hardly considered necessary. And his persistence to lynch me without any proof, other than a pm I acknowledge and justify only makes him seem more scum-like.

Plus, it was either that, or possibly lynch a townie and lose. I'm here to win, and if I can't win, I'll make sure I don't lose by a lot. I have a knack for doing things by myself, you see, so this Exterminator Alien was kind of my thing. It's hard, since I have to avoid suspicion, and since I could only survive one night kill, I have no allies other than those that find me or I find. I want to win, and I hate sitting back and watching. I'm not a spectator; I'm a doer. I needed to do something. As Pandarsenic said once, "He likes to be in control." I had no control as it were. Well, I had a little, but inaluct seemed to know about the nightkill thing, so I was feeling cornered.

And inaluct had been FoSing me the last few rounds. ...In nearly every single post. It was him I figured I'd test first. Now that I've done what I can, I'll probably be killed, whether by lynch today or killed tonight, I'm not certain. Or Zaithemaster will be killed tonight. I'm not sure. He's probably more of a threat right now.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 04, 2009, 11:59:49 pm »

I'm willing to believe about what you said in the PM to be a lie, especially the part about being 'bored', as you're clearly not. You're a real bad actor when you're intentionally lying you know. You should try to come up with less insanely dangerous plans in the future.

WA the exterminator, or Inaluct the Exterminator?

Bah! Zaithemaster, I'm still convinced that you're a dopp, and with a dopp warden and a potential exterminator out for blood. What better way to get two dopps with one stone than to eliminate the only person capable of stopping the Exterminator before he takes his last kill? I want this game to go out with a big BANG!

For the record, I still believe Inaluct isn't a dopp, just foolhardy.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 05, 2009, 12:11:48 am »

Josh, if you don't vote webadict, he won't get lynched. If fact, Zai was the third person voting for webadict, so unless Frelock or Webby changes their vote to Zai, we can't lynch him.

Webadict, you shifted from "Eh, I'm soooo bored. I'm also condescending. Vote for me and I'll deign to let you live, peasant." to "Oh, you didn't this was my plan all along just as I thought I knew it you're a doppelganger wall of text etc" as soon as I made the PM public. And now you're growing increasingly panicked, posting larger and larger walls of text. You're obviously a doppelganger trying to cover up your mistake.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 05, 2009, 12:17:01 am »

If fact. :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 05, 2009, 08:36:05 am »

I'm willing to believe about what you said in the PM to be a lie, especially the part about being 'bored', as you're clearly not. You're a real bad actor when you're intentionally lying you know. You should try to come up with less insanely dangerous plans in the future.

WA the exterminator, or Inaluct the Exterminator?

Bah! Zaithemaster, I'm still convinced that you're a dopp, and with a dopp warden and a potential exterminator out for blood. What better way to get two dopps with one stone than to eliminate the only person capable of stopping the Exterminator before he takes his last kill? I want this game to go out with a big BANG!

For the record, I still believe Inaluct isn't a dopp, just foolhardy.
Insanely dangerous? But then they're not as effective. It all depends on who the recipient is, and this one wasn't the clearheaded one I thought he was.

Josh, if you don't vote webadict, he won't get lynched. If fact, Zai was the third person voting for webadict, so unless Frelock or Webby changes their vote to Zai, we can't lynch him.

Webadict, you shifted from "Eh, I'm soooo bored. I'm also condescending. Vote for me and I'll deign to let you live, peasant." to "Oh, you didn't this was my plan all along just as I thought I knew it you're a doppelganger wall of text etc" as soon as I made the PM public. And now you're growing increasingly panicked, posting larger and larger walls of text. You're obviously a doppelganger trying to cover up your mistake.
Yes, if you don't vote for me, I WON'T get lynched. That's mostly the point. I would prefer not to get lynched.

And of course I'm increasingly panicked. We have until 5 Tuesday (Eastern Time? Who knows), which is like 8 hours from now. If I die, I lose no matter who wins. So, I don't wanna die.

Also, you need 4 votes to guarantee a lynch. You're forgetting Alexhans and Masami Phonix, who both appear to be doing nothing.

And, I'm also promoting discussion. I do write walls of text. It's to prove my innocence. You haven't written a whole lot on your innoncence.

How does posting larger and larger walls make me MORE guilty? I'm trying harder to prove I'm not guilty, so I must be a Doppelganger? What kind of logical flaw is that? That doesn't make sense. You're saying if I were a Doppelgnager, I'd post lots, and if I were not, I'd post little to nothing, and assure the Town lost? Isn't that counter intuitive? Wouldn't it make more sense the other way around? The Doppelgangers have three people. If they lose one, they'd still have a chance, right? I don't have a chance if I lose.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 05, 2009, 11:41:37 am »

The Whiteboard

inaluct: webadict, Frelock
webadict: inaluct, Zaithemaster
Zaithemaster: chaoticjosh

Day 6 ends: Tonight at ~5pm Pacific
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 05, 2009, 11:45:17 am »

Hey Meph, can you post everyone that's died and their roles?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 05, 2009, 11:53:06 am »

The Whiteboard

inaluct: webadict, Frelock
webadict: inaluct, Zaithemaster
Zaithemaster: chaoticjosh

Day 6 ends: Tonight at ~5pm Pacific
Honestly, we can't end in a tie, since we'll lose that way too. I'm not sure if Zaithemaster is a Townie or not... I'm pretty sure he is. But if he's not, I dunno.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 05, 2009, 12:09:11 pm »

The Dead:

PlayerRaceRoleGoal
ArchangelAlienDopp HunterCatch Dopp
Beacon80HumanTelepathTown Wins
bob_smithHumanAggressive VetTown Wins
CheeetarDoppelgangerDetectiveTown Loses
KashyykHumanAgentTown Wins
NUKE9.13HumanBodyguardTown Wins
PandarsenicHumanWarlockTown Wins
Servant CorpsAlienAgent SeekerContact Agent
SolifugeHumanDisciple of TruthTown Wins

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 05, 2009, 04:16:00 pm »

The only reason I still think Josh is a Dopp is because he's so set on lynching me. If he wouldn't keep on voting for me, I probably wouldn't doubt that he's townie. Because of this ("this" is not just because he's voting for me), I would vote for him, but that would just be counterproductive, as I know no one else will vote for him (same could probably be said about him voting for me). But okay. I can change my vote to a conditional thing, right?

If the number of votes between webadict and inaluct remains the same, I shall change my vote to inaluct so that someone will be lynched.

And I still don't why I haven't been killed in the night yet. o,0
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 05, 2009, 04:19:06 pm »

Webadict

Because I just remembered we're in a tie.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 05, 2009, 05:40:33 pm »

The only reason I still think Josh is a Dopp is because he's so set on lynching me. If he wouldn't keep on voting for me, I probably wouldn't doubt that he's townie. Because of this ("this" is not just because he's voting for me), I would vote for him, but that would just be counterproductive, as I know no one else will vote for him (same could probably be said about him voting for me). But okay. I can change my vote to a conditional thing, right?

If the number of votes between webadict and inaluct remains the same, I shall change my vote to inaluct so that someone will be lynched.

And I still don't why I haven't been killed in the night yet. o,0
Perhaps they plan to portray you as being a Doppelganger. It would be easy to do, as there is no Agent anymore.

Webadict

Because I just remembered we're in a tie.
Sigh...

Why doth no one listen? I've listed clear arguments, but I'm simply ignored. What has inaluct posted? He didn't even post a picture of box slayer. All he posted was my pm, which I admit to sending. And somehow I'm the Doppelganger for trying to clear my name.

Perhaps the inactive ones are the Townies... I don't think anyone cares anymore. End the day. End the game. I didn't have much of a chance anyhow, I mean, what 2%? It's almost impossible with these extra roles, too. I could attack someone that kills me. Lame. How stupid is that?

That's why you never attack anyone. Exterminators have no chance if they fight, because hitting a War Vet or Warlock is game over. Or almost game over.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35