Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 7 ends the game  (Read 54542 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 6
« Reply #405 on: May 04, 2009, 08:10:17 pm »

I just have one question:

Inaluct: are you the survivor alien?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 04, 2009, 08:11:27 pm »

Hmm. Nice job freaking out and making it clear that you're frantic to fight off the accusations so the dopps can win.
Yeah. I'd rather not be lynched. I'm a loner, unlike you, who can win even if you're lynched. I have to work with the town in order to win. My death also assures the Town's defeat, which would let you win anyhow. What part of that is surprising? You're pointing out the obvious as if it's supposed to be surprising.

I'd rather fight than lose. Isn't that obvious? Why is that scum-like? I'm not going to let the Doppelgangers win! Isn't that something you would do if you were a Townie? You haven't done anything but sit back and watch, just like Masami and Alexhans! Is any of that surprising?

He's not. He's a doppelganger.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 04, 2009, 08:11:50 pm »

Yes. Survivor alien with mindshield.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 04, 2009, 08:19:20 pm »

Then I vote Inaluct.

Webadict is right.  There's no reason for a survivor alien to be siding with the town, so long as he survives, which he would do by going along with the dopps.  The fact that he is picking sides implies that he is not neutral, and therefore, not an alien.

If you had claimed a normal townie at this point, Inaluct, I would have assumed it all to have been a clever trick to pull the dopps out.  However, the fact that you continue to insist upon being an alien, while at the same time not acting as an alien would, implies that you are lying.

Unless, of course, you are actually a survival alien, and were contacted by the dopps this turn.  You chose to go along with them, and when webadict tried to trick you after you had already been contacted, you jumped on the chance to lynch him.  Thus, you would get both the dopps and the town behind you in lynching a townie.

I could of course, be wrong, simply due to the fact that inaluct is too stupid to remain neutral as an alien, but I don't think so little of his intelligence.  I also think enough of WA intelligence to believe that he would not fall for such an obvious trap, unless he was intentionally testing something.  There's also the little voice inside me saying "you were wrong about Panda," which isn't helping me make this decision.  Then again, I was also suspicious of WA at one point, so it all evens out.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 08:23:46 pm by Frelock »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 04, 2009, 08:21:25 pm »

I that case, I accuse you of being a doppelganger with webadict.

And you both haven't realized something: I'm not the sort of person who tries to win at any cost.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 04, 2009, 08:27:31 pm »

I'm gonna have to side with Inaluct here, WA isn't using his clear, cool, consistent logic like he usually does. He's rushing and contradicting himself left and right, relying on the belief that he wouldn't do something irrational to try to save himself.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 04, 2009, 08:32:14 pm »

You're wrong.

However, what "cost" would there be to a survival alien surviving with the dopps, vs. the humans?  The logic behind my reasoning is simple and true.

All men are mortal.
God is not mortal.
God is not a man.

All aliens are neutral.
Inaluct is not neutral.
Inaluct is not an alien.

This, of course, assumes that "all aliens are neutral," which any smart alien would be.  Not to mention if you're telling the truth, then you're going to be killed in the night, thereby making you lose.  If you see any flaw in my reasoning, feel free to speak up.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 08:33:45 pm by Frelock »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 04, 2009, 08:34:22 pm »

I already pointed it out. Some things mean more to me than winning.

Remember the first game, when Pandar betrayed the town so he could win? I refuse to do that.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 04, 2009, 08:35:43 pm »

You're wrong.

However, what "cost" would there be to a survival alien surviving with the dopps, vs. the humans?  The logic behind my reasoning is simple and true.

All men are mortal.
God is not mortal.
God is not a man.

All aliens are neutral.
Inaluct is not neutral.
Inaluct is not an alien.

This, of course, assumes that "all aliens are neutral," which any smart alien would be.  Not to mention if you're telling the truth, then you're going to be killed in the night, thereby making you lose.  If you see any flaw in my reasoning, feel free to speak up.

There is a simple explanation to your logic Frelock:

Inaluct is actually the Exterminator alien, that passed himself off as the survivor alien to try to lure the dopps out, and is now openly taunting them because he knows he can take a nightkill unscathed.

Or Inaluct is just calling your bluff and doesn't actually believe the dopps will target him.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 04, 2009, 08:35:55 pm »

I could of course, be wrong, simply due to the fact that inaluct is too stupid to remain neutral as an alien, but I don't think so little of his intelligence.  I also think enough of WA intelligence to believe that he would not fall for such an obvious trap, unless he was intentionally testing something.  There's also the little voice inside me saying "you were wrong about Panda," which isn't helping me make this decision.  Then again, I was also suspicious of WA at one point, so it all evens out.

Pandar was a townie (the only possible kind) warlock who was killed by someone with a mind shield. This has already been proven.

I'm still suspicious of almost everyone. I also still don't really know what's going on right now. But this game isn't going to last long enough for me to try to make complete sense of all this. =D
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 04, 2009, 08:41:43 pm »

Sorry, what's my bluff again?  I was quoting his post:

Wanna end the game now?

If you're really the Survivor Alien, vote for... chaoticjosh. I guess.

I'm a Doppelganger, and there's no point in me hiding it. I'll make sure you die tonight if you don't vote with us. Good?

Sure, you could be a Townie, but I just don't care anymore. The game's gone on too long.

And it's basically a 50-50 shot that you are a Survival Alien, so why not? If I lose, I lose. Big deal. So, ready for it? I'll let you live if you wanna end this now.

*yawn* I'm bored. This game's too...

I'm guessing you mean webadict's bluff.

Actually, the idea of him being an exterminator alien is a pretty good one.  I'll have to think on it...

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 04, 2009, 08:42:08 pm »

You're wrong.

All men are mortal.
God is not mortal.
God is not a man.

All aliens are neutral.
Inaluct is not neutral.
Inaluct is not an alien.

The dopp seeker is not neutral.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 04, 2009, 08:47:58 pm »

The dopp seeker is not neutral.

But wasn't the dopp seeker like the first person to die or something like that?

And aren't you dead?

o,0
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 04, 2009, 08:52:03 pm »

I was just pointing out a flaw in his logic, albeit a flaw that doesn't change anything.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 04, 2009, 08:59:31 pm »

Then I vote Inaluct.

Webadict is right.  There's no reason for a survivor alien to be siding with the town, so long as he survives, which he would do by going along with the dopps.  The fact that he is picking sides implies that he is not neutral, and therefore, not an alien.

If you had claimed a normal townie at this point, Inaluct, I would have assumed it all to have been a clever trick to pull the dopps out.  However, the fact that you continue to insist upon being an alien, while at the same time not acting as an alien would, implies that you are lying.

Unless, of course, you are actually a survival alien, and were contacted by the dopps this turn.  You chose to go along with them, and when webadict tried to trick you after you had already been contacted, you jumped on the chance to lynch him.  Thus, you would get both the dopps and the town behind you in lynching a townie.

... I didn't think of the second one, but that seems a little extreme. Although, he did already have his vote on me, it'd be too coincidental. The odds of such a things are astronomical.

And he did claim a normal human:
I'm not paying very close attention because I'm a townie, and I'm starting to not care about mafia games. I'm used to being targeted on the first night, lynched for no reason, and not having any effect on the outcome of the game. Do you really expect me to carefully watch this with bated breath, meticulously searching for some vague clue as to who's guilty and who isn't? I can't do anything about it.

And I'm not even sure what your talking about, with me jumping in and making votes for no reason. What's with the OMGUS voting?

And then he switched!
Eh. This isn't very interesting, and I'm not sure if I actually care whether or not I win.

I was lying. I'm not a townie.

I'm the survivor alien.

Go ahead, doppelgangers. Come out and gloat. I'll vote with you. That means you, webadict.
He admits to lying. He admits to not helping the town, because he's a powerless Townie. How many Townies are there in this game? How many deaths have been plain Townies so far? Why did he switch?

I'm gonna have to side with Inaluct here, WA isn't using his clear, cool, consistent logic like he usually does. He's rushing and contradicting himself left and right, relying on the belief that he wouldn't do something irrational to try to save himself.
You haven't said what was wrong with my logic, other than "You wouldn't do that." That doesn't show anything! I knew exactly what I was doing. I was hoping he was the Survivor Alien, but he turned out not to be.

He had to be proven some way. It's obvious. Especially when he made this comment:
I think that the doppelgangers didn't come out because they couldn't get enough votes to overpower the town. They couldn't get enough votes because Alexhans stopped coming on, and he was a doppelganger. Masami was still active at that point. I think.
That doesn't make sense. They would have had enough, unless there wasn't really a Survival Alien.

And, if that doesn't sway you over... want more?
Assuming that WA is telling the truth about being able to take two nightkills to eliminate, then that gives the dopps incentive to actually attack WA, because in the case 2 dopps vs. Extermintator alien & one town, then there it's a tie, as it would take two nights to kill the dopps and it would take two nights to kill WA.

Remember when bob_smith died? I think he was targeting the exterminator.
That's exactly what happened. You happy now? I don't really have my night kill protection anymore. You're going down now. I don't care about winning anymore. I only want the Doppelgangers to lose. Plus, I lose if I'm lynched anyhow, so at least it buys me some time. Maybe I'll get lucky, who knows, but I'm going to make sure I'm not lynched.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35