Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 7 ends the game  (Read 54533 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 6
« Reply #390 on: May 04, 2009, 06:37:58 pm »

Hey party people, webadict just PMed me saying that he's a dopp, and he's trying to get me to vote for chaoticjosh. What should I do?!

And he says he'll make sure I die tonight if I don't vote with him.

Hmm.

PMing back my answer now. And saving a copy in my inbox for posterity.
Bwahahaha!

Which means you are a Doppelganger, as I suspected. I just needed a little confirmation:

First of all, a Doppelganger would certainly know that I were not a Doppelganger, which you did.

Secondly, a Survivor Alien would accept such a proposition, since it is the only means of survival. You also mentioned having a Mind Shield, in case the Telepath had investigated you, coming up with a "Kill" result (I think in order to cover for a Medium, had the Telepath investigated you.)

Third, you were never truly looking for Doppelgangers the entire time. Not once have you tried to help the Town, appearing to be a defeatist. It's so obvious, especially when you "gave up" (As I did in the Mind and Magic Mafia), only hurting the Town's chances of survival.

You can save the pm all you want. I sent it. The problem is, you aren't the Survival Alien. I thought it odd that there were four Aliens in the game. I think it would be highly unlikely that that were possible, since the most there have been in a game with more people was Aliens. Even more so that you would even mention having a Mind Shield. It's not that it changed nothing. It changed EVERYTHING. You basically said that you can have a different goal other than that listed, which would account for any "Kill" scan you got.

There is one possibility I overlooked with my detective ploy, and that's that WA knew that I wasn't the detective because he himself is a detective doppleganger hybrid, and he had already checked me possibly, just to see if I was an intimidating role.
...I don't think so. Mephansteras, explain to them why this is impossible: If I were a Detective Doppelganger and I investigated chaoticjosh and I were scanned by the Telepath, what goal would I have?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 04, 2009, 06:46:25 pm »

I don't quite get your reasoning WA.

Hey Meph, when is the day going to end?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 04, 2009, 06:50:32 pm »

I don't quite get your reasoning WA.

Hey Meph, when is the day going to end?
What do you not understand? What the goal would be? Or the reasoning henceforth presented?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 04, 2009, 06:51:37 pm »

1) Cheeetar was the Doppelganger Detective. He role flipped on death.

2) Day ends Tuesday at 5pm Pacfic
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 04, 2009, 06:52:23 pm »

Oh, wow. "Nah," what a nice PM comeback. Very witty. Very eloquent.

Anyway, chaotic, you don't get his reasoning because it isn't there. He was hoping that I would go with his plan and let the dopps win, and now that it's failed, he's frantically trying to cover his ass.

I would vote for him, but I already did.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 04, 2009, 07:18:07 pm »

Doesn't answer my question. What goal would I get? What goal would I get if I had ANY investigative power that I used and was Telepathically checked?

Oh, wow. "Nah," what a nice PM comeback. Very witty. Very eloquent.

Anyway, chaotic, you don't get his reasoning because it isn't there. He was hoping that I would go with his plan and let the dopps win, and now that it's failed, he's frantically trying to cover his ass.

I would vote for him, but I already did.
Your whole reasoning is off. Why would I reasonably out any companions I had if I were a Doppelganger, with no idea if you were a Survivor Alien? That'd be pointless, as you could easily be lying. The very fact that you did not accept only shows that you were not the Survivor Alien, as I had figured. I planned to do something about my condition, instead of nothing, like you propose. You've yet to help the town do anything.

There's isn't anymore investigative roles, so we've got to do something. It's obvious that the Dopps know who is whom, and they had at least one investigative role.

Comeback? Too juvenile. There is no need for any insults of any manner. I don't know why you would even bother. Am I supposed to be insulted? Why that would be simply disreputable on my part. I have a manner to uphold, whether you think an argument over the internet will somehow prove your innocence in the manner.

Also, if I had planned to deny it, I'd have denied the entire message. Obviously, you can't prove that I sent any message to begin with, only quoting a message I had sent you, poking plenty of holes in it. In fact, you haven't even showed the message yet, so it'd be an even better ploy. But that's not helpful in exposing a Doppelganger. The very fact that you are a terrible Survival Alien shows it. Plus, I could've done the same in reverse.

It's not intellectually sound to use the same ploy twice in a Mafia game, since that leaves to dull boring games with tactics never being updated. I don't think so. I have no fear of being night killed. I don't have to do anything.

Plus, I chose chaoticjosh because he had no votes on him, and I'm reasonably sure he's actually a Townie.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 04, 2009, 07:20:16 pm »

Well, mind if I post that private message you sent? Or will you invariably claim that it's fake?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 04, 2009, 07:21:01 pm »

Well, mind if I post that private message you sent?
Feel free. I'm not denying anything.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 04, 2009, 07:23:40 pm »

That second part was a rhetorical question, by the way.
Wanna end the game now?

If you're really the Survivor Alien, vote for... chaoticjosh. I guess.

I'm a Doppelganger, and there's no point in me hiding it. I'll make sure you die tonight if you don't vote with us. Good?

Sure, you could be a Townie, but I just don't care anymore. The game's gone on too long.

And it's basically a 50-50 shot that you are a Survival Alien, so why not? If I lose, I lose. Big deal. So, ready for it? I'll let you live if you wanna end this now.

*yawn* I'm bored. This game's too...

Go eat a dick.
Nah

So basically, you asked me to lynch a known townie, and emphasized that you were bored. And you admitted to being a doppelganger.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 04, 2009, 07:29:34 pm »

Doesn't answer my question. What goal would I get? What goal would I get if I had ANY investigative power that I used and was Telepathically checked?

A doppelganger who uses a role the same night they are checked will show up with the goal of that role. 'Find' for investigative, 'Protect' for protective roles. Otherwise, a doppelganger shows 'Kill'.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 04, 2009, 07:42:43 pm »

You know Webadict, you could have won easily had you just kept your mouth shut and let everyone keep believing that you were the Exterminator alien. Victory would have been GUARANTEED had you done that.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 04, 2009, 07:43:23 pm »

...I switch my vote to webadict.

=o
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 04, 2009, 07:59:27 pm »

You know Webadict, you could have won easily had you just kept your mouth shut and let everyone keep believing that you were the Exterminator alien. Victory would have been GUARANTEED had you done that.
I told you. There's no point to doing that. The Doppelgangers will win if you do nothing! I know that if I were a Doppelganger, I'd have no point to doing that, would I? You JUST said it, right now! Even I would've known that! It'd be the obvious way, wouldn't it? Do you think I would miss that?

I'm actually trying something. And are you all really going to believe I would sacrifice my comrades like this? No. I'll show you, using the Survival Alien Doppelganger technique I used in the Paranormal Mafia Round 1:

Josh has just confirmed his Doppelganger-hood to me.

His plan is what everyone suspects - get a Townie lynched in the Day, kill a Townie at night, and they have a majority for instant win.

I don't want you to go after Josh - they'll go for a punishment on me with their dying breath, they've confirmed.
Alright... this makes sense unless you are a Doppelganger (It's possible, I suppose.) And I think if we vote for NUKE, we automatically discredit josh, and therefore he goes for us if we vote for him.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think that it's dumb of you to do this. I don't see how being an Alien and helping the Town let's you win... Wouldn't you end up losing by not helping Josh?
Mathematically, I can guarantee my win if I vote for you guys, yes.

But clearing out the Dopps would be infinitely more satisfying. Though I will take a win over a loss any day....
Technically, we couldn't stop you if you voted for SC. In fact, you'd win too, because why would the Dopps kill you? You helped them. You'd tie up the vote and then we'd be stuck. They'd kill SC, lynch someone the next day, and then win.

Otherwise, you'd technically lose. Why? Well, Night One kills SC, Night Two kills Zai and then Night Three would probably kill you. Or maybe not. If you really want the Town to win, you might as well vote with us, but you'd lose. And the whole point of the game is to win.
I know. I'm still trying to work out if the town can win in any way....

If I side with you, I'm almost guaranteed to lose but Town's almost guaranteed to win...
Damn it, there must be some way!
Well... think about it. If you vote for NUKE, he's lynched Day 1. SC is killed Night 1. chaoticjosh is lynched Day 2. Zai is killed Night 2. That means if we lynched the right guy on Day 3, we win AND you don't lose!

Of course, that's a 8 - 4= 4 - 1 (You) = 1 of 3 chance or 33%. Do you really want to win that badly? You'd have to pick between inaluct, Squeegy, or me in order to win, as opposed to a 100% chance of winning with the Dopps.

Of course, if you miss Day Three, you die and it becomes 2 or 3 people left: inaluct, Squeegy, and me. I'm thinking it's inaluct, but hey, what do I know? It could be Squeegy. Although, why are you bothering to ask me? What if I'm a Dopp? I mean, I can hardly trust that you're the Alien, but if you wanted a 100% chance of winning, you'd go with Doppelgangers, but it'd be less satisfying. Eh?
I suppose.

You just struck me as probably being town-aligned.

Meh, I'll just go with my guaranteed victory, I think.
Not once did I ever give away that I was in fact a Doppelganger. It made sense not to, right? I mean, if it had failed, I would've had to keep the Mafia going.

The whole point of the vote was to prove he was indeed the Survival Alien. He'd have no way to win any other way if this case happened, which is why I tried it. He showed that he was not interested in "winning," which is counter-intuitive to the Survival Alien! That doesn't make sense, unless you're a Doppelganger!

...Doesn't anyone see it? At all? Anyone? I would've had it won! Why bother, unless I'm actually TRYING to help you?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 04, 2009, 08:02:41 pm »

Hmm. Nice job freaking out and making it clear that you're frantic to fight off the accusations so the dopps can win.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 04, 2009, 08:07:57 pm »

I'm not quite sure about what's going on right now.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35