Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 7 ends the game  (Read 54599 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 5
« Reply #270 on: April 30, 2009, 06:17:45 pm »

Vote webadict. I'm a vanilla townie.

And the doppelgangers are going to eat me next.

By saying that, I have either guaranteed it, or made it much less likely.

And by saying that, I have guaranteed it.
inaluct, I told you already, voting for me only lets the Doppelgangers win... It's very obvious, in fact. The only possible way that you don't lose is if Zaithemaster guesses correctly.

You don't even seem to be paying attention and only join in on conversations to vote without any reasons whatsoever.

Plus, you claimed Townie, which is the most obvious for a Doppelganger to pick.

I'm going to vote inaluct, especially considering his earlier votes. Sure, call it an OMGUS, but it's more obvious than you think.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 30, 2009, 06:23:48 pm »

I just read webadict's other post. Hmm. I'm not sure if I believe him, but I'll Unvote, provided that he unvotes me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 30, 2009, 06:30:57 pm »

I just read webadict's other post. Hmm. I'm not sure if I believe him, but I'll Unvote, provided that he unvotes me.
Didn't you do this before? It's really sketchy. And you didn't really answer any of the concerns I brought up...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 30, 2009, 06:39:44 pm »

I'm not paying very close attention because I'm a townie, and I'm starting to not care about mafia games. I'm used to being targeted on the first night, lynched for no reason, and not having any effect on the outcome of the game. Do you really expect me to carefully watch this with bated breath, meticulously searching for some vague clue as to who's guilty and who isn't? I can't do anything about it.

And I'm not even sure what your talking about, with me jumping in and making votes for no reason. What's with the OMGUS voting?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 30, 2009, 07:15:36 pm »

I'm just a townie. I've been laying low with the belief that the dopps won't find me on their priority list if I don't have a role and don't vote for lynchings. Thus far, it's been successful.

However, considering the fact that we all have to vote, and have to vote correctly I'm going to have to jump on the bandwagon and say Webadict, you're time is up. As I mentioned before, I don't think there's an exterminator about. Let's face it, an exterminator not killing Anybody? Sounds like a poor strategy to me. I know I proposed that exact explanation before for a different problem, but now it's gone a little too far. An exterminator would want to exterminate the dopps first, to keep himself from being night-killed. He would also want to kill the AWV. What chaoticjosh says makes sense, and your story, while convincing, it a tad too unrealistic.

Let's also look at his voting record and other important points:
1. Votes Pandarsenic
2. Accuses himself as a joke, then is the first to vote "No Lynch"
3. Says the detective contacted him. This corresponds to chaoticjosh's story. Then "randomly" votes for Solifuge, who was not a dopp. He was the first to vote.
4. Is accused, but accusation is taken back; does not actually vote, but urges caution.

1. Not sure what this signifies. If webadict is a dopp, than he could be accusing a fellow dopp to throw suspicion off himself, or he could be accusing an innocent townie to take out the town's power base.
2. The accusation of himself could have been meant to make an accusation against him seem laughable. Then he votes no lynch to keep himself and the other dopps safe.
3. He randomly votes for a townie, again in order to take out opposition. He didn't do it on day 2 to keep himself from appearing to kill off townies in lynches too often.
4. Though he didn't actually vote "no lynch" he basically called for it, and the vote was practically decided by that point anyways. The accusation which was rescinded also prompts more suspicion of him.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 30, 2009, 07:26:46 pm »

I'm gonna have to unvote for now. Until I get some better info.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 30, 2009, 07:30:30 pm »

Unvote webadict.

Vote Cheeetar.

Cheeetar lies; Cheeetar's goal is not to Survive, as a Warlock's is. It's Kill.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 30, 2009, 07:31:28 pm »

Webadict's claimed role's goal is to kill, too.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 30, 2009, 07:31:44 pm »

With how much certainty do you say this Pandar?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 30, 2009, 07:41:53 pm »

My certainty?

Absolute.

I guarantee he's not a Warlock.

I will cast the hammer vote if you wish - thus, if he's a Warlock, I will die instantly.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 30, 2009, 07:45:02 pm »

How can you know Pandar? Who ARE you? Beacon was the Telepath, the results you've given me were that of a telepath, there is only one of each role, therefore, you're not the telepath.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 30, 2009, 07:50:26 pm »

Unvote webadict.

Vote Cheeetar.

Cheeetar lies; Cheeetar's goal is not to Survive, as a Warlock's is. It's Kill.
How can you know this? Only Beacon80 was the Telepath...

I'm not paying very close attention because I'm a townie, and I'm starting to not care about mafia games. I'm used to being targeted on the first night, lynched for no reason, and not having any effect on the outcome of the game. Do you really expect me to carefully watch this with bated breath, meticulously searching for some vague clue as to who's guilty and who isn't? I can't do anything about it.

And I'm not even sure what your talking about, with me jumping in and making votes for no reason. What's with the OMGUS voting?
You can help win by being a townie. It requires a lot of skill, but it's possible.

Right now, you're trying to appeal to emotion, by saying you're powerless. You're not. Your power is your vote and to decide the right from the wrong.

And it's not just OMGUS voting. You're basically trying to throw suspicion on me, then protect yourself by claiming it's an OMGUS vote and only unvoting when they unvote. You're also claiming that you're not reading the posts and whatnot, but there's no way that that sounds any less scummy by voting first and asking questions later.

I'm just a townie. I've been laying low with the belief that the dopps won't find me on their priority list if I don't have a role and don't vote for lynchings. Thus far, it's been successful.

However, considering the fact that we all have to vote, and have to vote correctly I'm going to have to jump on the bandwagon and say Webadict, you're time is up. As I mentioned before, I don't think there's an exterminator about. Let's face it, an exterminator not killing Anybody? Sounds like a poor strategy to me. I know I proposed that exact explanation before for a different problem, but now it's gone a little too far. An exterminator would want to exterminate the dopps first, to keep himself from being night-killed. He would also want to kill the AWV. What chaoticjosh says makes sense, and your story, while convincing, it a tad too unrealistic.

Let's also look at his voting record and other important points:
1. Votes Pandarsenic
2. Accuses himself as a joke, then is the first to vote "No Lynch"
3. Says the detective contacted him. This corresponds to chaoticjosh's story. Then "randomly" votes for Solifuge, who was not a dopp. He was the first to vote.
4. Is accused, but accusation is taken back; does not actually vote, but urges caution.

1. Not sure what this signifies. If webadict is a dopp, than he could be accusing a fellow dopp to throw suspicion off himself, or he could be accusing an innocent townie to take out the town's power base.
2. The accusation of himself could have been meant to make an accusation against him seem laughable. Then he votes no lynch to keep himself and the other dopps safe.
3. He randomly votes for a townie, again in order to take out opposition. He didn't do it on day 2 to keep himself from appearing to kill off townies in lynches too often.
4. Though he didn't actually vote "no lynch" he basically called for it, and the vote was practically decided by that point anyways. The accusation which was rescinded also prompts more suspicion of him.
Yeah, so?

1. I figured Pandarsenic is probably a particular role that is beneficial upon death.
2. I was feeling down that day, and I needed to cheer myself up. And at least I was active, which isn't what I can say about you.
3. Yeah, I was contacted by chaotic_josh, pretending to be a Detective to make sure I wasn't a Doppelganger. You're basically saying that the whole story is too perfect? That's a logical fallacy.
4. Yeah, I'd prefer not to look guilty. I'm a guy that needs to win by killing EVERYONE. Now I can leverage my position and no longer be in danger. Also, I can do a Happily Ever After ending on this one by being alive with another Townie, since I don't care if they win as well. It's basically like being the Survivor Alien.

How can you know Pandar? Who ARE you? Beacon was the Telepath, the results you've given me were that of a telepath, there is only one of each role, therefore, you're not the telepath.
He can't know unless he's a Doppelganger or a Warlock.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 30, 2009, 08:03:27 pm »

Alright, alright, Unvote until there's more info.  And like I said, I was lurking so as to not draw attention to myself.

Not to mention Pandar's reaction makes me a little suspicious of him...
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 30, 2009, 08:07:30 pm »

That's correct, Chaoticjosh.

But think about it this way: By making such a show of my accusation, how can I possibly get away with it if I'm a Dopp?

Dooming two Dopps to death would be suicidal. Thus, at most one of us is a Doppelganger.

There's a third reason I could know his goal - I am reliably in contact with someone I believe with certainty to be the Warlock. He doesn't want to give himself away, but he knows who he is.

How certain am I? Enough that I offered to give the Hammervote, which means I'm all kinds of dead if he's a Warlock.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 30, 2009, 08:12:37 pm »

Eh. This isn't very interesting, and I'm not sure if I actually care whether or not I win.

I was lying. I'm not a townie.

I'm the survivor alien.

Go ahead, doppelgangers. Come out and gloat. I'll vote with you. That means you, webadict.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35