Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 7 ends the game  (Read 54576 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 2
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2009, 11:10:41 am »

...Hello? Is anyone there?

Well, let's think of it this way:

We have a few assumptions. First, we can either assume that we have no Aggressive War Vet, or that he has some clue as to what he's doing. Second, we can only assume that we have very little information.

We can try to come to ask questions. Why was Servant Corps attacked? Why did we lynch NUKE yesterday? What color tie am I wearing? Do the goggles really do nothing?

And, we can try to come to a conclusion. Does anyone have any input?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2009, 11:22:16 am »

No one's been in the mood for mafias lately! My M&M deal has been a bit barren also.

The town is off to a bad start with town power role already dead.

The agent seeker's death is kind of neutral, but his death prevented an actual town role from being killed, so that's good.

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2009, 11:24:11 am »

Hopefully, the agent is starting a human base, but we can't rely on that, in case there isn't one or something.  Well, we need to start a dialogue. 

what are our feelings on Archangel?  I'm not at lynching levels of suspicion, but his roleclaim does bring up the question of why he wasn't attacked.

I argue that the agent seeker's death is always a good thing for the town, since his goal is to take out our most powerful asset.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2009, 11:30:49 am »

Hopefully, the agent is starting a human base, but we can't rely on that, in case there isn't one or something.  Well, we need to start a dialogue. 

what are our feelings on Archangel?  I'm not at lynching levels of suspicion, but his roleclaim does bring up the question of why he wasn't attacked.

I argue that the agent seeker's death is always a good thing for the town, since his goal is to take out our most powerful asset.
I don't think the Agent Seeker actually takes the Agent. He only needs to meet him.

Also, why? Archangel as a Dopp seeker? What's the big deal? It's not like he can't be scanned at all. He can be easily scanned. Either we can assume he's lying, or we can assume he's telling the truth, and as I've no reason to assume he's lying, assume it's true.

If he gets lynched, I'll bet he shows up Dopp Seeker.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2009, 11:59:20 am »

What color tie am I wearing? Do the goggles really do nothing?
You're not wearing a tie, and yes, the goggles really do nothing. I have no further input because I'M DEAD
Long Live United Forenia!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2009, 12:20:44 pm »

Doesn't the Agent Seeker counts towards the total of Non-Dopps? From my knowledge of the rules, Dopps need to equal non-Dopps in order to win. Therefore, the Agent Seeker is useful as a meatshield.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2009, 01:36:28 pm »

I might be mistaken.  I thought that when the Agent seeker actually found the agent they both disappeared.  If that's not true, then yeah, he would have been a fine meat shield.

If he is the Dopp Seeker (which he very well might be) then yes, he's a useful ally.  He functions as a townie and as soon as he knows who a dopp is, he takes one out for us without wasting a lynch.  Similarly, if the agent knows a dopp and the seeker he can get a dopp killed without having to convince a lynch mob and without having to reveal himself.

So my question is, why would the dopps kill somebody random if such a person is openly admitted.  I personally see several possibilities, although I'll admit that there are probably more I'm not thinking of.

One possibility is that he's actually a dopp and is trying to draw out the agent.

There are several other possibilities that I can think of that indicate that he's the dopp seeker or otherwise not worth lynching, but I don't want to say them outloud, in case the Dopps haven't thought of them (and I don't want to give them any ideas)

This is why I'm not in favor of lynching him at this point, but I figured it was something to spark some conversation over so I thought I'd bring it up.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2009, 01:51:48 pm »

Cheeetar
Nuke9.13
Kashyyk
bob_smith
Alexhans
webadict
Frelock
Masami Phonix
Solifuge
Beacon80
chaoticjosh
Pandarsenic
Zaithemaster
Servant Corps
inaluct
Archangel

This is our list so far.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2009, 02:28:07 pm »

I might be mistaken.  I thought that when the Agent seeker actually found the agent they both disappeared.  If that's not true, then yeah, he would have been a fine meat shield.

If he is the Dopp Seeker (which he very well might be) then yes, he's a useful ally.  He functions as a townie and as soon as he knows who a dopp is, he takes one out for us without wasting a lynch.  Similarly, if the agent knows a dopp and the seeker he can get a dopp killed without having to convince a lynch mob and without having to reveal himself.

So my question is, why would the dopps kill somebody random if such a person is openly admitted.  I personally see several possibilities, although I'll admit that there are probably more I'm not thinking of.

One possibility is that he's actually a dopp and is trying to draw out the agent.

There are several other possibilities that I can think of that indicate that he's the dopp seeker or otherwise not worth lynching, but I don't want to say them outloud, in case the Dopps haven't thought of them (and I don't want to give them any ideas)

This is why I'm not in favor of lynching him at this point, but I figured it was something to spark some conversation over so I thought I'd bring it up.
The only other possibilities that could potentially hurt the Dopps also hurt the Town, except for Warlock, and any other possibilities only hide his true ability.

It's still a WIFOM situation, for both Town and Dopps.

Doesn't the Agent Seeker counts towards the total of Non-Dopps? From my knowledge of the rules, Dopps need to equal non-Dopps in order to win. Therefore, the Agent Seeker is useful as a meatshield.
You're right, I think. Aliens count too.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2009, 03:56:39 pm »

The Agent Seeker is weird. First of all, he does not remove the agent when he meets him. He simply vanishes at that point with a personal victory. Otherwise, he counts as a townsperson, so if the agent dies or the game ends with him alive and no Agent (or he hasn't contacted the agent), he still wins. He loses if the dopps win.

So his death is technically a blow to the town, although much less severe then most other Power Roles.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2009, 06:29:32 pm »

Meph: You forgot the fact that I lose when I die, regardless of who actually wins.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 06:41:44 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2009, 08:01:19 pm »

The white board is still empty

@Servant Corps: Ah, so I did. Sorry about that.

Reminder to everyone: Day 2 Ends tomorrow at 5pm Pacific! Start voting!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2009, 09:29:46 pm »

Okay. Hopefully, the agent checked Pandar. Probably the most obviously pressing matter. Hopefully the agent will then move on to checking another person and inform them of Pandar's role if the new person is a townie.

Also, if there is a Psychic Warden, they may have blocked a night-killer.

This is me trying to be useful after an event-filled weekend, by the way. I'm tired, so I'm probably not actually being too useful. This is more of a filler post saying I didn't abandon or forget about this, I guess. >,>
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2009, 11:26:41 pm »

Unless the target is the kook.

I don't know why they didn't kill me. Maybe they are trying to make you suspicious of me.
Also, why? Archangel as a Dopp seeker? What's the big deal? It's not like he can't be scanned at all. He can be easily scanned.
That's right!
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 21, 2009, 01:01:06 am »

Regarding kills: Someone may have decided not to kill to try to get a Psychic Warden to think he'd blocked a killer when he hadn't.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35