Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 7 ends the game  (Read 54579 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 3 brings bad news
« Reply #150 on: April 22, 2009, 08:54:56 pm »

If there is a detective, I would like to tell them to only contact people with roles. Doppelgangers will be revealed as people with no roles, so be careful.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2009, 09:29:57 pm »

If there is a detective, I would like to tell them to only contact people with roles. Doppelgangers will be revealed as people with no roles, so be careful.

Good thinking.  Similarly, if there's a Town Telepath, he should avoid anybody who comes off as "kill."

If the AWV is out there, I strongly urge you to start killing.

But we can't rely on having one or more investigators left, so at this point we need to start lynching to try to draw the dopps out.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2009, 09:34:05 pm »

By the way, did Kashyyk do anything unusual?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2009, 10:16:02 pm »

I'm not totally certain why, but a hunch leads me to FoS Zaithemaster.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2009, 10:21:19 pm »

Pardon me, but I'm afraid I'm not too hot with acronyms.  FoS?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2009, 10:22:44 pm »

FoS = Finger of Suspicion

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 22, 2009, 10:31:21 pm »

It's like accusing without too much threat, but to indicate he may be a threat.

Well, I'd say this makes it looks like there are no Aggressive War Vets or Exterminator Aliens, as there's only been one night kill each night, both apparently by the Dopps. Unless the AWV is biding their time before they use their ability to make sure they're not killing a pro-town role.

Once again, investigative roles, please contact me via PM.
They're definitely bidding their time. Mephansteras would at least make a AWV. Maybe there's only three aliens though.

Good thinking.  Similarly, if there's a Town Telepath, he should avoid anybody who comes off as "kill."

If the AWV is out there, I strongly urge you to start killing.

But we can't rely on having one or more investigators left, so at this point we need to start lynching to try to draw the dopps out.
There's only two people that would keep him alive: Dopps and AWV. The War Vets would kill him.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 22, 2009, 10:39:05 pm »

Just saying, Zai's request that investigative roles PM him is probably why Pandar is suspicious.

I'm FoSing Zai, too.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 23, 2009, 12:08:46 pm »

As the town searched kashyyk's house they discovered a note book, among a set of files describing the event. The log read:

Night 1:
I'd planned on investigating one of the town today, but the discussions went long into the night and I didn't have time to set up any surveillance equipment.

Night 2:
Tonight I have decided to search webadict, hopefully I will be able to conclude that he is indeed, human.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 23, 2009, 01:50:49 pm »

Hey, I've got a Detective contacting me, and I'm unsure as to whether they are the Detective or not. So, if there is a Detective out there, that means that this Detective that contacted me is lying, and either a Doppelganger or an Alien.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 23, 2009, 04:37:35 pm »

Night 1:
I'd planned on investigating one of the town today, but the discussions went long into the night and I didn't have time to set up any surveillance equipment.

Well that makes me feel better. Sounds more like Kashyyk wasn't present during the night phase rather than him being blocked.

Okay then. I'm the (a?) town's Psychic Warden. First night, I blocked Kashyyk, as I had no better suspects. Luckily, it doesn't seem to have affected his abilities. Second night I blocked CJ, as he was one of those who I found suspicious.

But the results PMs I receive back from Meph are extremely vague, only saying (to paraphrase) that I went over to [name]'s house and then they get a little bit less generic by changing some phrases between the two. First one, it said my abilities drained his (Kashyyk's) energy. Second one said I used the ritual of submission, which dampened the area with psychic energy.

But I will repeat that I am a townie. Hopefully, there's still a detective which can clear my name of any and all suspicions (as webadict's contact claims). But a Telepath might not be as useful, as they only check the goal, which may stay the same (Protect) if I were townie or Dopp, unless the Dopp's overarching goal (Kill) would override the Protect. I'll ask at the end of my post, so the question isn't lost in this text. Actually...I guess that wouldn't be too useful anyway, considering a Dopp will now probably claim to be a townie Telepath to lie about my goal. But I guess it's worth asking.

The reason I asked for an investigative role to contact me after they checked me is because I have a decent power role that should be put to use without having to guess who's who. A detective would be best to pair with my role.

But now that I think about it more, I can see how people could think I'd be a Dopp even if they believe my role's true. If I were a Dopp PW, getting in contact with an investigative role would be heaven on earth, as then I could just block that role until they die, I die, or the game ends. Of course, a red herring of a regular townie saying they're an investigative role would be an effective strategy against a DopPW. Similarly, a regular Dopp contacting a human PW would saying that they're an investigative role would work for them. So...a Telepath may be necessary after all to prove my innocence, provided Meph says Kill or Kill-and-Protect on the following question.

So Mephansteras, would the goal read by a Telepath for a Doppelganger Psychic Warden be Kill, Protect, or both?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 23, 2009, 04:50:22 pm »

All dopps show up as kill unless they use another ability that night. Therefore, a Psychic Warden will show up as Protect if the dopp is using his power and kill if not.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2009, 05:55:12 pm »

Alright then. Then what would be the result if human PWs were to not use their ability? Survive?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 23, 2009, 05:57:02 pm »

webadict, PM me your agent contact's identity, I'll protect him at night.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 23, 2009, 06:03:21 pm »

Alright then. Then what would be the result if human PWs were to not use their ability? Survive?

Humans show their role's goal regardless of use. Dopps only show one or the other because they are all in effect dual-role characters (those with a role other then normal dopp or Leader, anyway).
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35