Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 7 ends the game  (Read 54594 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 2
« Reply #135 on: April 21, 2009, 08:57:52 am »

Regarding kills: Someone may have decided not to kill to try to get a Psychic Warden to think he'd blocked a killer when he hadn't.
That could also backfire, when they decide not to attack, and it hits them anyway.

Also, does the Aggressive War Vet also fight back?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 21, 2009, 09:40:50 am »

No, the aggressive war vet simply has the option to go kill someone. He has no other abilities.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 21, 2009, 09:44:49 am »

I can only assume that the agent found a dopp or an alien last night, because if he found a townie, then I don't think there's a reason to NOT do the "emissary trick" like I did last round.

I'm concocting a plan to be able to keep the agent safe and to allow him to communicate with us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 21, 2009, 11:34:57 am »

I can only assume that the agent found a dopp or an alien last night, because if he found a townie, then I don't think there's a reason to NOT do the "emissary trick" like I did last round.

I'm concocting a plan to be able to keep the agent safe and to allow him to communicate with us.
Because there could be a fake person doing that. It takes skill in order to do that, and the person faking it could be either a Dopp, or talking to a Dopp.

It's kinda a miracle it worked last round. It could've gone awry in many ways.

But, you can try, I suppose. Though, what's to say you're not a Dopp or whether your plan is helpful?

No, the aggressive war vet simply has the option to go kill someone. He has no other abilities.
Okay, well, what's to say that the Warden didn't stop the War Vet last night?

From what I've surmised, Dopps don't eat aliens, and I have no idea what the War Vet does, but I assume it involves lots of bullets, which weren't present n the scene, so the Dopps had to've done the kill. Therefore, the Warden could only have blocked the War Vet last night.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 21, 2009, 03:35:46 pm »

From what I've surmised, Dopps don't eat aliens, and I have no idea what the War Vet does, but I assume it involves lots of bullets, which weren't present n the scene, so the Dopps had to've done the kill. Therefore, the Warden could only have blocked the War Vet last night.

This is, of course, assuming that there is both a Warden and an Aggressive War Vet.

And that last sentence of yours isn't necessarily true. It would be better if you said that "the only killing role a Warden could have blocked was an AWV." And I'm not sure what killed SC. But I think it could have been the Dopps or an Exterminator Alien, as I'm not sure what the Exterminator does to kill, and I don't know how Dopps kill Aliens. So I would then revise that sentence to include both the AWV and either the Dopp chosen to be the killer last night or an Exterminator Alien.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 21, 2009, 04:29:05 pm »

This is, of course, assuming that there is both a Warden and an Aggressive War Vet.

And that last sentence of yours isn't necessarily true. It would be better if you said that "the only killing role a Warden could have blocked was an AWV." And I'm not sure what killed SC. But I think it could have been the Dopps or an Exterminator Alien, as I'm not sure what the Exterminator does to kill, and I don't know how Dopps kill Aliens. So I would then revise that sentence to include both the AWV and either the Dopp chosen to be the killer last night or an Exterminator Alien.
Whoops. I forgot about the Exterminator. Good point.

And that is what I meant.

And the Exterminator uses a laser blaster thing too, I believe, so that does make it less viable.

Darn.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 21, 2009, 05:30:52 pm »

Shaken by the recent events, you find yourselves unable to do much more then make idle comments to one another. But the day grows late, and if you wish to choose someone to die it must be done soon.

The Whiteboard remains empty.

Reminder: Day closes at ~5pm pacific time today (1 1/2 hours from now)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2009, 05:40:30 pm »

Fine. I'll vote No Lynch. There's nobody doing anything...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2009, 05:41:18 pm »

Eh. Abstain.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2009, 05:44:24 pm »

I have several suspicions, but I feel like I need to wait until a (human) investigative role contacts me for me to reveal them.

But for now, No Lynch.

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2009, 06:53:52 pm »

I, too, have suspicions, but not enough to call for a lynch just yet.  So I'll Abstain.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2009, 07:05:37 pm »

With no strong evidence given, you decide not to kill anyone today. After all, you didn't do yourselves any favors yesterday.

You all head home for the night.

Ok, no death today, so we're on to Night 2. Night roles, send in your PMs. Deadline is ~5pm Wednesday.

As usual, the thread is locked for the night.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Night 2
« Reply #147 on: April 22, 2009, 08:17:38 pm »

You all meet up in the town hall once again. And, taking stock of the assembled survivors you notice that Kashyyk is missing! You head off to his house. When you get there you see that the door has been busted down, and a large pool of blood has dried in the entryway. It seems he was the victim of the doppelgangers last night.

A search of the house reveals that he was an FBI Agent. You return to the town hall, terrified at what this signifies.

Welcome to day 3. This day will end at ~5PM Pacific on Friday.
Come play Mafia with us!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 3 brings bad news
« Reply #148 on: April 22, 2009, 08:19:51 pm »

Well shit. Now we have to fire shots in the dark until we get 'em right or the Dopps crash into War Vets.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 3 - Day 3 brings bad news
« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2009, 08:33:12 pm »

Well, I'd say this makes it looks like there are no Aggressive War Vets or Exterminator Aliens, as there's only been one night kill each night, both apparently by the Dopps. Unless the AWV is biding their time before they use their ability to make sure they're not killing a pro-town role.

Once again, investigative roles, please contact me via PM.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35