Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: RPG Maker VX Project  (Read 2935 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
RPG Maker VX Project
« on: April 12, 2009, 02:36:59 pm »

It seems RPG Maker VX is there! There is a 30-day trial for this game...meaning I have 30 days to make a game starting from today. Plus, you are allowed to sell any game you make, as long as you own the copyright to everything you use, so that's cool. However, if I want to continue making a game, I have to spend $60. Oh dear.

It looks pretty cool though. But I don't want to spend $60. Oh dear. And I don't breaking the law. Bad. And I got schoolwork. Gah.

Here's my plotline...so far.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: RPG Maker VX Project
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 02:40:25 pm »

They died of old age, dummy.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 02:49:07 pm »

Good point. I'll reduce the time it takes for the hero to come back to, say, 6 months. That would be good.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 04:05:05 pm »

Are you going to make your own sprites or use the copyrighted material?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 04:12:22 pm »

Best use the ingame stuff as placeholders 'till you are sure you want to replace them.

I'll have to check this out. An early version of this taught me the intro to programming languages, so I have always been fond of this software. Even if nobody plays it, making something is always a good feeling.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 05:14:10 pm »

I'd imagine selling the game isn't as easy as it sounds.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 05:15:43 pm »

You can always use lame donationware option as Toady One.

That would imply, of course, that the game is actually good.

Yes, I am planning on using the ingame stuff as placeholders. VX seems...okay. I really like random dungeon generators, the new songs, and the script templates. Other than that though, it takes time to get used to, and the $60 price tag is, gah.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 05:18:47 pm »

I'd imagine selling the game isn't as easy as it sounds.

It's not, no one buys games made with any of these types of programs. Multimedia fusion possibly, but not Rpgmaker.

If you wanna make money I suggest learning a program language of some sort.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 05:19:59 pm »

I suggest you pirate this, and make good games that you give out for free.

FREE REVOLUTION
FIGHT THE POWER

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 05:21:00 pm »

FREE REVOLUTION
FIGHT THE POWER
Seconded.

(Woah, I'm agreeing with Inaluct for once.)
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 05:27:49 pm »

FREE REVOLUTION
FIGHT THE POWER

No. There are tons of other RPG Maker engines that can be easily pirated. And the only reason, the only reason, they can easily be pirated is because the RPG Maker was in Japanese, and it was illegal to translate the game into English, causing many non-Japanese people to be upset.

Now that the RPG Maker company are legally releasing English translations, I don't see why any of the traditional pirates would desire to pirate this type of game and would even morally condemn others for doing it. If you want to pirate, you have to pirate the old versions.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 05:29:43 pm by Servant Corps »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 05:32:51 pm »

Now that the RPG Maker company are legally releasing English translations, I don't see why any of the traditional pirates would desire to pirate this type of game and would even morally condemn others for doing it. If you want to pirate, you have to pirate the old versions.

You honestly think anyone that would pirate would care? I already found it in several places.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2009, 06:48:00 pm »

I'm not too interested, but I decided to look for a pirated copy. It took me less than 5 minutes to find one. I'm not sure I actually care, though. Are you guys up for making a game? If we can get a few people, we might be able to make something great.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2009, 06:54:38 pm »

In the past, I remember making a 5-level tactical rpg using one of the old RPG Makers. It wasn't a good game at all, but at least I made it.

You honestly think anyone that would pirate would care? I already found it in several places.

Well, I mean the traditional pirates. The people who first done this pirating business for RPG Maker 95. I know that people can pirate whenever they want to, but...meh. You know my anti-pirate stance, no need to repeat.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 06:57:58 pm by Servant Corps »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2009, 07:10:43 pm »

Servant Corps, people pirate these things because they do not want to pay for them. I somehow doubt that the people who translated earlier versions and pirated them are going to shell out $60 for this new version.
Pages: [1] 2