Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d11] Tile/charset replacement error and failure to terminate process  (Read 379 times)

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[May or may not be version specific.  Error encountered in experimental build 40d11.  Given the nature of this bug this may or may not be engine-specific.]

After title 1, title 2, and main menu, immediately before the game starts, the game issues the following error:

"One of the compressed files on disk has errors in it.  Restore from backup if able."

This error can be reproduced by downloading the following char/tileset and enabling it in Init with default settings:
http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/File:Tigrex3drunes.PNG

Post-error, the game does not crash or terminate; it instead continues to run (even though the main application terminates properly, the process itself continues to run).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 10:39:28 am by Firgof Umbra »

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile

That's interesting... I just got this error with the RantingRodent one... But it doesn't continue to play; it terminates...

PS; I'm running Vista 64, and I wasn't getting this error before 40d11... Also, the error occurs and the game crashed whenever I even try to go to Design New World With Parameters... Bleh.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 01:58:45 pm by Tylui »