Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: awesomely powerful games  (Read 8490 times)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
Re: awesomely powerful games
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2009, 01:01:51 pm »

Then why not EVERYWHERE?

When you've got a huge armored walking mech that runs out of ammo, why not use bottomless magazines? All you have to do is shape it like a drum or make the belt feed go into itself!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2009, 09:38:25 pm »

It is because they stop working if the character thinks about them. An ammo dump the size of a building generally escapes notice because you never drain it significantly at one time, and besides, it is part of the furniture, it is just the place that ammo comes from, running out just isn't a familiar part of it's function. Some infinite crate in the middle of nowhere can work if you just don't pay too much attention, it is never quite full, and never quite empty, and after a while it is familiar enough that you stop bothering with how it works and just accept it. An infinite clip is a bit of a problem, most clips are rated by the number of times it will fire, so most people will notice that something is up, but it can still slip in under some 'radars'. On the other hand, some 'radars' have significant defects, and will happily accept some bauble that will rain unlimited destruction or a sunflower seed that will power an energy weapon perpetually unless it uses some super power that instantly drains it... This is sometime known as 'hamster dead at the wheel' syndrome...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2009, 09:52:23 pm »

Just make the internal feed mechanism shaped like an infinity symbol.
!!&!!

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2009, 05:13:33 am »

Demon Stone.

There are a couple of missions, where you fight against really big enemy groups (Troll siege is my fav). There are three heroes, and they are not gods, though. But they are so overpowered, and the enemies are so weak, that you can call heroes god-like.
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2009, 07:43:06 am »

Heros of annihilated empires, its a stratagy game but in the miltiplayer mode you can do rpg mode where you dont get to build armies at all, you just have your carecter to fight off other players and either thier carecter or thier armies. If you play well then you can get to the point where you can wipe out massive armies, and this game has very massive armies, although the elves are overpowered.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2009, 01:41:41 pm »

Heros of annihilated empires, its a stratagy game but in the miltiplayer mode you can do rpg mode where you dont get to build armies at all, you just have your carecter to fight off other players and either thier carecter or thier armies. If you play well then you can get to the point where you can wipe out massive armies, and this game has very massive armies, although the elves are overpowered.

Yeah, I've bought this game...it's not bad at all...however the reviews about the game were quite bad IIRC.  ::)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2009, 02:52:03 pm »

RPG mode is useless.  You're entirely too weak to kill enough creeps on your own in order to level up sufficiently.  And the goon camps are utterly worthless.

The only way I managed to get a strong enough character to fight off an army was through cheating.  Heavily.  Very heavily.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2009, 07:31:12 pm »

serious sam?

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2009, 07:13:56 am »

serious sam?

That game wasn't awesome.  :P

Nikinyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2009, 10:07:44 am »

serious sam?

That game wasn't awesome.  :P

IMO it was... in a special way.

On the main subject...
If you don't mind old graphic (I don't), try warhammer: Shadow of the Horned rat or warhammer: Dark Omen. I remember how it feels to send those Orc Boyz running with charging Ceridan... and I remember how it feels when one damned charriot routs all my coolest cavalery.

Dwarf Fortress - The universe where Elves look like Elephants.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2009, 12:44:39 pm »

THIS is not awesome?
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2009, 01:04:46 pm »

I can't believe no one mentioned these games:
- Kingdom under fire: Crusaders
- Kingdom under fire: Heroes

You're not really godlike, but the satisfaction of seeing two huge armies clash, metal music in the background, screams of soldiers dying. KoF: Crusaders (and to a lesser extend, Heroes) is my favorite game, period.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2009, 01:32:22 pm »

Hm, Kingdom Under Fire is a console game only, am I correct?

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2009, 03:30:34 pm »

Yea, Crusaders and Heroes are I'm afraid.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2009, 03:19:57 am »

What about demigod? It's the only game where you can play as a 50-foot tall castleman.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9