Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 83

Author Topic: Do not trust the Rainbow Snail (Updated 2/09/11)  (Read 99206 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: Do not trust the Rainbow Snail (Updated 1/20/11)
« Reply #1035 on: January 20, 2011, 05:26:02 pm »

I love this. I really do...
I think this halloween im going to dress up as Early Scavanger.
Is that okay with you Engineer?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 20, 2011, 05:29:50 pm »

No, do NOT get vengeance on the angel. It's HER past. It defines all she is and all she will be. Hurting it is hurting herself. The past is over, but the future can still be changed. We control this story to some extent, therefore this can be no more than a single possibility.

First things first: What did John do in the future this person knows? Did he actually destroy gleejoy? Did the angels succeed?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: January 20, 2011, 05:31:06 pm »

Pff, whaaat?

Man, I told you; you were all like, aww, dudes, gotta subvert this shit, make friends with the girl.
I was all like, no, dammit, you have to subvert the subversion, you were all like noooo.

Anyway.

Screw this girl. If anything has taught me anything, stable timeloops are bad news. We get into that and we end up with dead sophias spilling their cherry-red blood all over the timeline.
If we hurt the past, will we not create the present which is hurt by the past?
A better option would be to incapacitate/heal a past-past sophia, thus preventing past-sophia from coming into existence; problem solved, yes?
Long Live United Forenia!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1038 on: January 20, 2011, 05:39:21 pm »

Screw this girl. If anything has taught me anything, stable timeloops are bad news. We get into that and we end up with dead sophias spilling their cherry-red blood all over the timeline.
If we hurt the past, will we not create the present which is hurt by the past?
A better option would be to incapacitate/heal a past-past sophia, thus preventing past-sophia from coming into existence; problem solved, yes?
If we prevented past sophia from coming to existence, then there would be no such thing to stop and then we couldn't stop it, causing it to occur. Right?

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 20, 2011, 05:42:56 pm »

It's Johns obsession incarnate!!!!!!OH the demonity!!!!oh the humanity. how is this possible. How is this feasable. How the heck do his obsessions take the form of Sophias future. for those of you who dont know what im talking about ill shoot you. Johns obsessions incarnate only seems to appear in dreams.
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 20, 2011, 06:07:48 pm »

I love this. I really do...
I think this halloween im going to dress up as Early Scavanger.
Is that okay with you Engineer?

Only if you take pictures :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, outside of Sophia's mind...

:"So this is it then?  Game over?"

:"As soon as either the Scavenger King or GleeJoy's people reach us, yes.  We were in charge of keeping him under control, remember?"

:"Screw that!  I want to survive!"

:"We all do.  If I were you, I'd get away from Tik and Tock as fast as you can.  It'll buy us some time at least..."

"I feel..."

:"Wait...did you hear that?"

:"I feel..."

:"No!  I'm blocked!  But what could possibly possess her before me?!"

:"It is inevitable."

Sophia has possessed herself!

:"Sir... what do we do now?"

:"There's only one thing left to do, old friend."

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 20, 2011, 06:14:03 pm »

Please tell us you're giving us music for the upcoming fight scene and not planning to kill us with the chainsaw-clock thing on the end of your guitar.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: January 20, 2011, 06:18:39 pm »

Fight scene?

Fight scenes aren't the only things that need music...  ;D

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: January 20, 2011, 06:49:33 pm »

In sophia's mind: Your future self needs to learn some new things, show her them with your angry swearing and dangerous  fists.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: January 20, 2011, 06:52:10 pm »

Curious, a future self that reaffirms that the first angel is a past self?
I guess the angel being Past Sophia would explain why the angel is a corpse. Sophia is Sophia at the present, the past died when she became what she is, meaning that Past Sophia was always a corpse, but added to as Sophia moved through time. She is nostalgia, in that sense.
Future sophia, on the other hand, seems to be more of a mystery. Assuming that these are beings created by her mind, I'd wager that it is everything that sophia wishes she could be, someone who both knows exactly who she is and shuns what she was in the past, I.E. Past Sophia.

That said, It would be best to trust neither of them. Nostalgic Past Sophia wants Sophia to be how she used to be,  Future Sophia wants her to change into herself, both past and future want each other dead and want sophia to not be Sophia. They seem like a kind of vulture, only the desert is the size of a girl and there's only one corpse to feast on.

Curious, a future self that reaffirms that the first angel is a past self?
I guess the angel being Past Sophia would explain why the angel is a corpse. Sophia is Sophia at the present, the past died when she became what she is, meaning that Past Sophia was always a corpse, but added to as Sophia moved through time. She is nostalgia, in that sense.
Future sophia, on the other hand, seems to be more of a mystery. Assuming that these are beings created by her mind, I'd wager that it is everything that sophia wishes she could be, someone who both knows exactly who she is and shuns what she was in the past, I.E. Past Sophia.

That said, It would be best to trust neither of them. Nostalgic Past Sophia wants Sophia to be how she used to be,  Future Sophia wants her to change into herself, both past and future want each other dead and want Sophia to not be Sophia. They seem like
a kind of vulture, only the desert is the size of a girl and there's only one corpse to feast on.

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: January 20, 2011, 07:03:10 pm »

Blackmagechill:  I have no clue what you just said :/

Heliman: I do not think you quite understand.  It is already done.  The past self has been ejected from Sophia's mind, and the future self has already left quietly on its own, perhaps to explain a certain theory to a certain someone in another part of time and space...

Sophia has possessed herself.  The future self saved her from her past.  The birds, on the run from both Scavenger and GleeJoy, have now made their decision.

The time for intrigue and trust issues is at an end.  We have gone past the nexus point unscathed.

All that awaits is a command.  A simple word.

I know you are all dying to say it  ;)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 07:05:20 pm by The Mad Engineer »

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1046 on: January 20, 2011, 07:04:28 pm »

Dance?

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: January 20, 2011, 07:09:58 pm »

It is already done.  The past self has been ejected from Sophia's mind, and the future self has already left quietly on its own, perhaps to explain a certain theory to a certain someone in another part of time and space...
Too true, unfortunately.

The time for intrigue and trust issues is at an end.  We have gone past the nexus point unscathed.
Too true, unfortunately.

Dance?
Yes my good man, it is time. I mean, good TMR god, the birds are ready to lay down a beat to get her swinging.

Sophia, it is time to...
DanCe?

« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 07:24:03 pm by Heliman »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: January 20, 2011, 07:12:38 pm »

Sophia! You're back!

For now, be more careful and observant, ok? Mistakes were made, but recovery might still be possible...
Those strings, they connect to the mind, not the body, and the mind is who one is... Find them and save him it might not be to late!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: January 20, 2011, 07:22:56 pm »

dance dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!the dance queen!!!!!!DANCE!!!!! wait a second.......the other reason must be waiting in an elevator YES!!!!! thats it. find an elevator and wait in it. or dance
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 07:26:27 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 83