Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 83

Author Topic: Do not trust the Rainbow Snail (Updated 2/09/11)  (Read 99225 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Do not trust the Rainbow Snail (Updated 1/19/11)
« Reply #975 on: January 19, 2011, 11:55:09 am »

*MASSIVE DOPAMINE DOSE REINFORCING THE PRODUCTIVE BEHAVIOURS RECENTLY EXHIBITED! SubjectiveExperience=Pride/satisfaction/empathy*
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 19, 2011, 12:43:18 pm »

The scavenger will tear your world apart, little puppeteer.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: January 19, 2011, 02:15:08 pm »

Oh god... is that... but I thought... HE WAS DEAD! HOW IS HE STILL IN THE REGISTRY!
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 19, 2011, 02:31:06 pm »

5 minutes later...

:"Are you safe, Sophia?"

:"I am hidden.  There appear to be a lot of those cultists that I met the other day!

The man on the stage...  he seems awfully short...  he couldn't be!"

:"He is."

:"... It is the child in the photograph."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

:<The other cultists are leaving now!  If I go up the auditorium stairs, I'll end up right above the kid.  Hmmm.. I wonder what the Dreams of Industry are...>
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 02:39:05 pm by The Mad Engineer »

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: January 19, 2011, 02:38:03 pm »

They pose no danger to us! Industry is long since dead! Destroy them, sophia!
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #980 on: January 19, 2011, 03:01:35 pm »

Do not be violent here Sofia. Observe with hasty, but watch your back. Do not pull the strings unless you are seen. Also, Sofia, tell us, what DO you see in their strings?

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: January 19, 2011, 03:07:08 pm »

The string? That's because they are, quite simply, His puppets. Nothing more to it.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: January 19, 2011, 03:13:19 pm »

They seek to end manipulation, and yet they are as bound by the strings same as everyone else.

Go above him, where he can't see you, and ask about the Dreams. If he tries anything, grab the strings lightly and demand once more that he tell you.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: January 19, 2011, 03:25:04 pm »

:"Dark man!  I am here, and I demand to know about the Dreams of Industry!"

:"Haha!  I thought you might show up, manipulator!  Come on!  I dare you to try my strings!  Order me around like the mortal I am!  My seventh string will prevent all that.  It was a gift from the clock, and thus you cannot touch me, you monster!

The Dreams of Industry, destroyed by the Scavenger, has been reformed!  There was an aspect the King did not quite guess at!  Soon he will be summoned again by me!  Then the Graylands will fall!  HAHAHAHAHA!"

:"The clock man does not know that you can cut his strings.  He worries only about manipulation.  He is a fool."

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: January 19, 2011, 03:32:58 pm »

((DAMMIT, NINJAD! D: Well, most of the post still applies))

It seems to be a misunderstanding! Now, you COULD just cut his string and grab the others, but that is a last resort! Remember that path of balance of which I spoke?
Now, lets ANALYSE the situation; this is a group of people in which your activities have caused unrest; quenching such things by foresee or manipulation generally does NOT turn out for the common good. You are not a tyrant, Sophia.
By my understanding, they think you are promoting sadness, or at least not removing it fast enough, and you should either be able to clear up the misunderstanding so they realize you are putting an and to sadness as fast as you can safely do while preserving sophont dignity, or in case they DO have a better faster plan JOIN THEM in implementing it!
By my understanding, they have plans of economic development of massive scales. This is something interesting and worthy of study. Mayhap their plans are risky or have greater human costs then their profits justify, but you can't know that until you have examined the details!
By my understanding, they think you are misusing your powers of puppeteering. Explain to then you are not using it likely, and only for ends that you to the best of your rationality think is good. Explain that you make the minimum manipulations possible, and avoid the ones that are closest to free will. For you do all these things, right, you're a good girl?

In short, you must confront them, with your mind open and intent to better yourself. Listen to their complaints, and correct the errors they have spotted in your judgement. Or, if they truly seem to be mistaken, simply politely show the error in their reasoning and data. Young student of reason, confront them in
DEBATE!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 03:35:00 pm by Armok »
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: January 19, 2011, 03:36:55 pm »

Industry returns? We are left with one option. BOSS DEBATE!... Evolution versus creationism.

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: January 19, 2011, 03:45:23 pm »

:"You don't get it, do you, Sophia?!  I'm not going to listen to your reasons.  This is not the time to argue, or debate.  I have a gun.  You do not.

I don't give a flying rat's ass about the happiness of the city.  I don't care about your pathetic moral dilemmas.  I'm USING these idiots, little girl!  I know full well what the Dreams of Industries entails.  Total medicated submission.  And I will be at the helm of the revolution!

There's nothing you can do, stupid INSIGNIFICANT child!"

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: January 19, 2011, 03:49:12 pm »

That would be a point in your favor, had we not used our ninja powers to steal your gun a minute ago.
*Mumbling.*
WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE DOESN'T HAVE ANY NINJA POWERS!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: January 19, 2011, 03:52:51 pm »

It's time to CUT the chit chat. This guy is getting a little SNIPPY. His mind has SNAPPED, like a piano wire. If he won't give us a SLICE of his industrial pie...

End him.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: January 19, 2011, 04:10:36 pm »

He actually literally said he's not going to listen to reason and that he doesn't care about people. He's basically as clearly evil as they come. This is your conscience speaking, go ahead and kill him, I won't make you feel bad afterwards.

But whatever you do, do not enjoy it or indulge in it.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 83