Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 83

Author Topic: Do not trust the Rainbow Snail (Updated 2/09/11)  (Read 99242 times)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: Do not trust the Rainbow Snail
« Reply #930 on: December 22, 2010, 12:29:44 pm »

OMG this is awe inspering and awesome, yay double awe!
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 22, 2010, 09:48:17 pm »

I started reading this, right from the beginning, at one in the morning. It is now very nearly six in the morning. I stayed up to read the whole thing, partly because it was absolutely incredible in several ways, partly because every time I closed my eyes some THING was behind my eyelids.
Oh yeah the Theory of Fear. He acts a big game but just hit him with something heavy and he'll go down easy enough.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 22, 2010, 10:08:11 pm »

Wait you managed to glitch your way to him? Tisk, tisk; now you'll never get the bacon you need for the giant worm!
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 22, 2010, 10:13:28 pm »

Spoilers, dude, some of us haven't gotten to the giant worm yet! >:|
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 22, 2010, 10:21:23 pm »

There was a worm.
It is gone now.
The Not-Clock man killed it.
Quiet.

We don't.
Talk about him.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: December 23, 2010, 01:59:24 pm »

wait, what about  a not clock man???!!!
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 23, 2010, 03:40:27 pm »

Warning: the following post contains spoilers.
wait, what about  a not clock man???!!!
He's an easter egg. You need to use the dupe glitch to get four pairs of your friend's eyes, then sew them to the effigy of the rainbow snail whilst it burns on Paranoia's Battlefield (you can find the effigy in the Scavenger's Citadel, but it won't work there). The Frog Soldiers won't storm the battlefield on time, and Paranoia will manage to summon his 'ultimate creation'. AKA the not-clock man.

He is basically just a re-skin of Order's Vigilant, but he is protected by Paranoia's Warriors, which makes things slightly harder.

Also, yeah, he kills the giant worm. He drops the Razor of Pity when you defeat him though, so you don't have to do the whole giant worm sidequest.
Long Live United Forenia!

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 23, 2010, 04:13:30 pm »

Sometimes I find it hard to get when you guy are kidding. Though I could use some help with finding the Scavenger's keep. I'm always hung up in the rat levels.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 23, 2010, 04:27:35 pm »

Oh that's easy, calculate the non-euclidean images on the map in order to connect them and make an image, then wander in the desert and come to the rock with that image carved on it, then use the candle and handbag to open the doorway.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 23, 2010, 05:24:37 pm »

Are you guys talking about Scavenger mode or angel mode? They both use almost the same dungeons, but Angel unlocks Sophia's story and Scavenger unlocks some minigames and the Tock path.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: December 23, 2010, 05:50:26 pm »

Sometimes I find it hard to get when you guy are kidding. Though I could use some help with finding the Scavenger's keep. I'm always hung up in the rat levels.
Dance fights, right? I admit that I spent more than my fair share of time back tracking, searching for more pills with which to auto-win those.
But you don't really need to go to the scavenger's keep until your third or fourth loop- it is mainly a repository of other things you can find in the game. I -think- you need the various Liquors Of Friendship that are scattered about the place to defeat the Demons of Reclusion, but I've been putting them off until I complete the Hunt Through Tock.
On that note, does anyone know if the medicated are meant to die in the hunt, or if you can get the Armaments of Time to them if you ride the dreamrails quickly enough?

Are you guys talking about Scavenger mode or angel mode? They both use almost the same dungeons, but Angel unlocks Sophia's story and Scavenger unlocks some minigames and the Tock path.
Its easier with Angel mode, but if you want to find the not-clock man on your first loop, I recommend using Scavenger, if only for the increased chance of finding a Tear and getting the dupe glitch (if you have the Runaway's Sythe they always spawn, so loop as runaway if you really don't want to grind the Abacus of Logic)
Long Live United Forenia!

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: December 23, 2010, 06:01:40 pm »

Anyone figure out what that birds amulet does yet? I got three in a drop while I was wandering the desert (got there through the hall of paintings, pretty cool touch there), but I never found out what they did when I equipped them.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: December 23, 2010, 08:07:17 pm »

Uh, guys?

How do I get out of the Theory of Industries Factory? I'm trapped behind some boxes...
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: December 23, 2010, 08:13:20 pm »

Boy, this is embarissing. I managed to lose the pocket watch before I needed it at the battlefield of pan-dimentions. Now I'm stuck and Sally has left the party. Help?  :-[
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: December 23, 2010, 08:20:53 pm »

Just got to the desert. Now trying to find myself a unicorn. I heard second hand that by ignoring the initial angel's advice and trying to eat one will get a nice result. Any idea where to find a unicorn?
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 83