Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 83

Author Topic: Do not trust the Rainbow Snail (Updated 2/09/11)  (Read 99350 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Do not trust the Rainbow Snail
« Reply #690 on: November 13, 2010, 05:13:28 pm »

Code: [Select]
Initiallizing...
Done!
Hmm. So are The Knights Templar also involved somewhere? If so then we are on a All factions pretty much suck basis. So yeah, civilians are our friend. Accept the apology, dismiss the angel through pure willpower, and try to strike up some 'recent events' conversation.
wait a second, If the angel is who she says she is (A.K.A. you), then I might be able to establish an uplink. Hold on...

Code: [Select]
Running Parallel_Conscious_Transmit...
Failure...
Hmm, that didn't work. She must be Either you on a totally separate time-line (Not you), or your conscious must have been broken away from 'her'(Still not you).
So she lied to you. Don't trust her.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 13, 2010, 06:22:42 pm »

Too much reason, too much symbolism. We are not psychologists.
You're all still thinking about constant universes. A symbol can have one meaning now, and another meaning the next moment. It's poetry, emotional flow. There is no winning set of rules.

The scavenger was good, then bad, then good, then we didn't know no more. Rats beset us but became our allies. Until we were chased by them across the desert again.
The only thing constant, is that taking any side but your own leads to more misery.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: November 13, 2010, 06:28:43 pm »

I repeat: DO NOT listen to the "angel," it can only cause you long-term harm. Talk to the boy, accept his apology, and be his friend. We have enough trouble in the real world, we don't need illusory issues as well.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 13, 2010, 06:30:28 pm »

Keep the angel as a friend though. (S)he's not entirely harmless.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 13, 2010, 06:45:50 pm »

I seriously that three symbols, one of the few things constant throughout the story, have no significance.  To me, it looks like represent the powers that are constant across all this.  Both the GleeJoy symbol and the eye have been repeated in both segments, and both in similar contexts.  The crazy grin face is always GleeJoy, the eye is always the angels.

About the rats, I find it funny no one has yet pointed out the similarities between John and the rat king in this picture:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He has John's old hat, Apple, and his shirt.  But where did he get them?  I suppose it's too late to wonder about that now.  But if we ever encounter the rats again, we should be extremely suspicious of their motives.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 13, 2010, 06:47:11 pm »

The angel in benign.
That does not make it less dangerous.
Only.
Of less immediate importance.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 13, 2010, 06:50:19 pm »

Trust the boy a little but not to much, do not trust the angle one bit.
Also, remember the moral of all stories similar to this: to break out, do do whatever is NOT obvious, and to twist everything to your will and cheat and never ever play by the rules. And remember that in true gödealian fashion, if THAT ever becomes a rule it applies to itself.

And never take anything for granted. And remember to always question even yourself, or me, or any other process or entity no mater how trustworthy it seems.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: November 13, 2010, 07:29:10 pm »

Trust the boy a little but not to much, do not trust the angle one bit.
This... but do not totally ignore the angel. It is the only splotch of color in this world, and whether it tells truth or lies, that is not something to throw out simply from mistrust.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 13, 2010, 08:34:33 pm »

True.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 13, 2010, 08:59:26 pm »

YA  but the only color is yellow and i hate yellow. therefore ignoring her is justified.

im kidding by the way
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 09:02:18 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: November 13, 2010, 09:02:33 pm »

What.
Is wrong.
With yellow?

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: November 13, 2010, 09:05:45 pm »

INDEED!
Settle down, dr. Ger.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: November 13, 2010, 09:14:31 pm »

because im fucking co;or blind and every time someone writes in yellow (or sometimes red) font i have to highlight the screen!

im kidding by the way
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 13, 2010, 09:18:01 pm »

The Angel represents the Faction of the All-seeing Eye. As of this point we have had no reason to trust this faction. Their motives have been both benificial and detrimental. They seem to be nutral, overall, with their goals coming first. It's possible that we could join this faction, becoming one of them and assimilating their goals into our belief system. However, to do so would likely leave behind our only friend in this bleak landscape.

For now, treat the angel as you would a immensely powerful being whos purposes you are unable to fathom. As far as we can tell the All-seeing think of us as simple tools. They will protect you, but they will not do so for your benifit.

The Handless Clock seems to be universally bad. They are so far the major antagonists of the story, with very little productive comeing to us through them. Of course, as Sophia we are likely to have a chance at joining their side, and they will probably offer something really nice. They are snakes and decivers and cannot be trusted to do anything, even lie. They seems to be the mutual enemy of John, Gleejoy and the All-seeing.

Gleejoy appear to be the scientists of the group. They have proven themselves to be logical and cold. They have no morals and no scruples, but they are predictable and can be used if we are good enough. They seem to see most clearly the lines of power, and do not appear to be friends with wither the All-seeing or the Handless. They can likelybe manipulated, although a chance to pull the strings will certainly be pricey.

And then we have the Red Faction. This is the one John belongs to, along with the one girl missing an eyeball and a arm. I only named it so because all it's members appear to wear red, although wearing red does not make them a member. Stil, this faction can be trusted to feel compassion and be relatively honest, when it does not harm them. They are the smallest faction and have the least power, although the citizens will probably come to love them in the trials ahead. This is the faction we would most want to join, should we get a shot.

>Speak to the boy. Ignore the angel-you. IT's a manniquin. A fake. It may not lie, but it cannot be trusted to tell the truth in a way that benifits you. For the time being we must assume it has it'sown purposes in mind here. Listen closely and maybe it'll let slip.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: November 13, 2010, 09:51:57 pm »

I think this panel is more important then we have given it credit for.
It has all three symbols, the Handless Clock hanging off his hat, the Eye in the sky, and the GleeJoy symbol on his hat.  AND the rainbow snail AND some bunny thing with a halo I don't remember ever seeing other than in this pic.
Whatever we do we must ensure this outcome does not happen again!
And the rats were behind the Eye door!  However could those two forces be related?
As to Runaway, we know she had connections with GleeJoy, and when she said "Get away from me, you Monster!" she also said the the Handless Clock.
So she has (or had) connections with these two forces.  Quite a mystery, that girl.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 83