Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 83

Author Topic: Do not trust the Rainbow Snail (Updated 2/09/11)  (Read 99298 times)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
Re: Do not trust the Rainbow Snail
« Reply #390 on: January 13, 2010, 06:28:55 pm »

A name may be powerful, but simple words will not stop an army. Divert it, sure, but it's not going to stop them
hehehe
What are you laughing at?
I know something you don't
Oh for the love SPILL IT OUT!
Call in the rats!

edit: ah crap, ninja'd

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 13, 2010, 06:37:47 pm »

*Pic* DANCE!
DANCE!

DANCE!

((What tune do you think the rats advance by?  Post your suggestions  :D  I will post the aftermath of the battle tomorrow.))

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 13, 2010, 06:40:33 pm »

(I would have suggested "waiting for the worms" but considering what that song is like, that would be a BAD BAD idea.)

I suggest "Another brick in the wall, Part: 2." We don't need no thought control!
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 13, 2010, 06:49:45 pm »

((DAMN, I wrote up a response, and then firefox crashed before i could post it! And once i get beck its outdated!  >:( Well, here it is:))

"I enlisted an army of the brave and I their general declared war.
 Poised with tooth and fire in paw.
"
   -   The Cat Piano

((OOC: Also:
((OOC:  You do not need to remind me that this could have some significance outside of a simple forum game.  When I created this, I  decided that questions I once had needed answering, and personal demons hidden away needed to be destroyed.  Thank you all for defeating Tock, the Null Hypothesis, the Dreams of Industry.  There are things that are still not quite finished here, but I am quite certain that he will be making another appearance; the seeds of discontent and conflict have been planted.  The next boss fight will not be as single-sided as this one:  I will be adding some improved mechanics to make it more difficult.))
That to, but it was not what I were referencing.
Think, what did we just do? We proved the existence of people and the moral relevance of the world. And we did this WITHOUT REQUIRING REALITY. That is, the argument still applies despite it being a work of fiction. This is REAL, these people do, in some sense, exist, because you are simulating them in your head. I even underlined Mad Engineer, that's YOU.
As i said, higher stakes than you bargained for. All authors really have it, but your choice of subect is forcing you to confront it.
I'm dead serius abaut this, it's not metaphor or exaggeration.))

As for music, perhaps something along the lines of Hall of the Mountain King, Carmina Burana (sp?) or Sabre Dance?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 13, 2010, 06:54:17 pm »

No, rats are faster. More skittery. And these rats are... almost demonic. The tunes proposed are all too cliche by now. This is what I hear when I see this army go to war: Hypnoskull - Push>Eject>Return. (not for those with weak ears...)

The drawings, story and style are still awesome by the way. Thanks!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 13, 2010, 06:56:04 pm »

What we need is One by Metallica

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 13, 2010, 07:02:57 pm »

((DAMN, I wrote up a response, and then firefox crashed before i could post it! And once i get beck its outdated!  >:( Well, here it is:))

"I enlisted an army of the brave and I their general declared war.
 Poised with tooth and fire in paw.
"
   -   The Cat Piano

((OOC: Also:
((OOC:  You do not need to remind me that this could have some significance outside of a simple forum game.  When I created this, I  decided that questions I once had needed answering, and personal demons hidden away needed to be destroyed.  Thank you all for defeating Tock, the Null Hypothesis, the Dreams of Industry.  There are things that are still not quite finished here, but I am quite certain that he will be making another appearance; the seeds of discontent and conflict have been planted.  The next boss fight will not be as single-sided as this one:  I will be adding some improved mechanics to make it more difficult.))
That to, but it was not what I were referencing.
Think, what did we just do? We proved the existence of people and the moral relevance of the world. And we did this WITHOUT REQUIRING REALITY. That is, the argument still applies despite it being a work of fiction. This is REAL, these people do, in some sense, exist, because you are simulating them in your head. I even underlined Mad Engineer, that's YOU.
As i said, higher stakes than you bargained for. All authors really have it, but your choice of subect is forcing you to confront it.
I'm dead serius abaut this, it's not metaphor or exaggeration.))

As for music, perhaps something along the lines of Hall of the Mountain King, Carmina Burana (sp?) or Sabre Dance?

I had hoped that we would be able to do it, but it is not the end of that particular argument.  I'm not saying you missed any bases, but we aren't quite done analyzing all the aspects of the questions posed.  That will come later.  To me, these characters aren't as real as the other people I truly communicate with, since I encompass their thoughts within my head, but to you all they are, since they respond intelligently.  That may change with the plans I have in mind.  I'm not quite done turning this story on its head.

An interesting note:  If John is philisophically real, and you, the forum, contribute to his thoughts and actions, what does that say about the mind in general?

Love the music ideas so far.  *Sigh*  If only I could animate this...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 07:09:18 pm by The Mad Engineer »

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 13, 2010, 08:05:40 pm »

TRANSMITTING:

John, there is something we wish to ask of you. About all this, the voices in your head and us. What do you think of us? What do you think of all this?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 13, 2010, 08:35:24 pm »

What do you want him to think?

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #399 on: January 13, 2010, 08:37:33 pm »

That we are the best people in the world, aside maybe that cute girl.

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 13, 2010, 08:47:42 pm »

Then, through your suggestion, that is what he thinks.

I think you see now the danger he is in, from repeating his mistakes, to totally altering his passive personality.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 13, 2010, 11:35:02 pm »

So basically this mysterious entity that is apparently creating some type of simulation for john to experience is you Mad Engineer? Because that's what this seems to be implying. This might be mildly unsettling.
Quote from: Dave Strider
we are in THE SHIT now. together. For the long haul. We are motherfuckin entrenched in this bitch.
The rats march to upward movement
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 11:38:01 pm by Dragooble »
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 14, 2010, 12:02:13 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaQ_Csbrt8M

Sort of sums this up imo... i think
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 14, 2010, 12:06:53 am »

So basically this mysterious entity that is apparently creating some type of simulation for john to experience is you Mad Engineer? Because that's what this seems to be implying. This might be mildly unsettling.
Quote from: Dave Strider
we are in THE SHIT now. together. For the long haul. We are motherfuckin entrenched in this bitch.
The rats march to upward movement
Good choice of song.  I am not the Other, if that is what you are implying.  I do have a part to play, just like all of you, but the truth is slightly more sinister.

I believe that is enough plot spoilers for now.  Keep in mind I am liable to change the story later on depending on what occurs, and what I accidentally give away.  If you observe the ending, then it doesn't exist.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 14, 2010, 11:27:40 pm »

Bump because this is deep
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 83