Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 83

Author Topic: Do not trust the Rainbow Snail (Updated 2/09/11)  (Read 99309 times)

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
Re: Do not trust the Rainbow Snail
« Reply #360 on: January 12, 2010, 04:00:31 pm »

BATTLE TRANSMISSION RECIEVED.

Eidolonic defense: "Open your eyes! This city is in pain, from top to bottom it years for death, though constrained by a smiling mask, a mere glance reveals it's rotted core!"

Avataric Counter-Assault: "The purpose of existence is not happiness, it is survival, plain and simple. This universe is cold and dying, through enlightenment new paths open, paths that may lead to the reversal of entropy, which if left unopposed shall grind all to nothing. Enlightenment requires truth, and the truth leaves deep scars, indicators of what is lost, and inspirers of ever greater deeds, that aid us in our survival."

Quintissential Dissertation: "Sadness is nesserary. It is what tells us of what we have lost, and what we have to lose, but from it arises the urge to escape its grip, the will to move onwards and upwards. Without it, we shall fall to the endless march, and be crushed beneath the heels of the universe."

Socratic Finisher: "Yes, for our survival, for the survival of all. It must fall."

This is the sphinx, and may this conflict be won through by the light of pure reason.

-May enigma take you where dogma cannot.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 12, 2010, 04:10:09 pm »

The argument is countered!  The damage is forfeit!

The arguments strike into the heart of the theory!

Id: 100 <-50?>
Dreams of Industry:  "Counterretort!:If the purpose of existence is survival, then there is no need for you to fight.  Simply wait until the next recursion.  The repetition of history ensures that entropy is reversed, and that the universe never ends.  In the meantime, we can be happy.  There is no difference, chemically, between seratonin from an accomplishment, and that from a pill.

Nihilistic support!:  All accomplishment is rendered useless, all reason is false in the end.  "I am Ozymandius, King of Kings!" you say, but all I see are the remnants of a statue in the sand.

The damage is brushed aside!

Critical Literary allusion!  Hypothetical damage x2!

Ego:  100 <-140?>  Alert!  Alert!  Mental breakdown imminent!

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 12, 2010, 04:22:47 pm »

CRITICAL DEFENSE TRANSMISSION.

EMERGENCY COUNTER-DEFENSE:  "The cycle is breaking, even you can see the ways in which it twists each iteration, each time the pattern of reality repeats it frays, more and more. New ones must be knit, before it all begins to come apart. This way lies death and decay, see it all around you, for you are not blind. There is a difference between the happiness of the acomplishment and the one of the pill. The acomplishment itself is just a carrot dangling from the stick. It is the journey that matters. Along the road, you find new horizons, new experiences, new ways of thought and enlightenment. The destination is unimportant, the journey is what matters."

NILHISTIC DENIAL: "Ah, but what of Moore? Vedit's plan may have been all for nought, but what was there were merely inferences. His plan may have succeeded in the finale, Roarshach was a loon, and a know psychopath, the only people who would believe him were the ones least able to act. The universe may be cold, but the light of reason can show the path to a shattering of such boundaries, a utopia where all minds can carve out their own, and entropy would at last, fade. Humanity has always acted in it's own self interest, but sometimes it doesn't know what that is." (Double literary referensing! Watchmen and Rousseau!)

The path to ascention is not created, merely explored.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 12, 2010, 04:26:29 pm »

We do not fight simply for ourselves, but for those we care about. a hermit life is lonely and hollow existence, and I will not let myself fall way to the sidelines while the damage continues. And don't try that Nihilistic crap. If our accomplishment are useless, then so are yours. It goes both ways, buddy.

You have not created happiness, you have turn they people into mindless drone! they blunder around, in a drunken hase, wishing that they could see the real world, rather that the psychedelic screen yo have put over their eyes. I see no utopia, I see a shell of a city

I don't see the point of the argument, I say just knock his head off.

(sorry I don't have the cool titles that you guys have)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 04:30:41 pm by Luke_Prowler »

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 12, 2010, 04:38:09 pm »

I like this guy. Have a name for yourself?

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 12, 2010, 04:49:11 pm »

Sorry, I'm incognito. If I tell my name, the other two would have a hiss fit
Ya, keep it under wraps, blood boy.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 12, 2010, 04:53:15 pm »

I meant the blue guy. You have no respect for the spirit of things.... That's not a bad thing, by the way. But it can easilly become so.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 12, 2010, 05:15:09 pm »

I have many names, some call me the Lord of Change, others the God of Scheming. I am an embodiment of hope, and sorcery and
And we call him him Light because it pisses him off.
I will not be associated with a cartoon character!

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 12, 2010, 05:18:10 pm »

Oh no. Another scheming manipulator. World could do with more of those, on our side of course. We are the Sphinx, conduit of the Rouge Council, and we welcome you. And by the way, I don't think any of us are possesed of a mindset for eastern animation.

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 12, 2010, 05:23:23 pm »

The 1st Argument goes to John!  The Theory's Id is damaged!
Id: 60/100

Dreams of Industry:  2nd Argument!:  None of the people in the city matter, anyway.  Why is their well-being so important to you?  The fact of the matter is, is that you can't be sure that any of this is real.  They do not communicate with you.  They cannot.  I can.

That makes me a part of the Other, the part of creation that is not your concious mind.  If you think about it, we are the only things in the world that matter.  Everything else may as well be an illusion.  There is no reason to help that which is not real.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 12, 2010, 05:32:00 pm »

Transmission Initiating.

CARTESIAN PINCER MOVEMENT: "Ah, the old 'Am I a man dreaming of a butterfly, or a butterfly dreaming of a man' conundrum, is it? Well, your argument is self-defeating. If you are a part of my mind then so are they, if you represent something so do they. And if they do not, neither do you. Your assault predicates on the former, and thusly I must move to defend them, because they represent something vital that you wish to control.... ah, that is it! You are but a representation of an external factors influence, not part of me at all, or are you? Either way, they are important, for if they aren't neither are you, and you are just an epermeral phantasm of sand and wind, to be brushed aside. Now....

STAND ASIDE, OR FACE A FINAL DEFEAT, AND BE CAST AWAY."

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 12, 2010, 05:41:51 pm »

Damnit, how did this start withoute me! Damn, this is JUST my kind of thing and I missed it. now wait a moment while I write up a argumet, you peaple are  likely doing more harm than good, you ma be damaging the theory but you are also damaging yourself. Just let me handle this...
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 12, 2010, 05:46:15 pm »

-This is sphinx. Who is this guy, and just where does he get off?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 12, 2010, 05:52:35 pm »

((This kind of thing is my speciality IRL, philosophy is what I do best. I will CRUSH this evil  theory.))
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 12, 2010, 06:13:02 pm »

and so narcissus stares deep into the twisted mirror of the darkened pools surface, and what, I wonder might he see? May he fall in? May he be caught unexpectedly by another watcher, or perhaps something completely unexpected happens?

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 83