Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Masters of the Stars. RESTARTING THIS GAME. 3/5 Players needed  (Read 9830 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Yeah, its too late. Sorry, maybe you can join in for the official game later on?

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile

Any idea on release date?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Trying for this wednesday. (I.e tomorrow.) If not then definately by saturday.
Right, I have a new request of those 9 people playing. Can you post a link to your post about what your corp is. Now is the time to edit them and sort them out before the game starts. I suggest you take a good hard look at what you are and what you do. If your happy with them then just go ahead and post the details. I'll put links on the first post of mine. I'll get around to drawing everything together and that. So yeah, we're just about ready to start!

Edit: I used the quick overview of corporations and copy/pasted it to the first page. IF theres anything wrong with it please let me know.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 07:26:29 am by Nilocy »

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile

The description of CAN is fine for a basic overview, but you might want to slip in a note about it being highly technocratic.

But more importantly is the list of inhabitated planets. According to this post there are 2 small bases situated on Venus, which may or may not be canon.

I'd also like to know the state of near-earth space. Besides industry, what else is up there? Are the Larange Points occupied in any way? Are there any large, mentionable orbital structures around the earth or the moon?

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Well, theres been no real major interest in space for some time, other than the excitement like 80 years ago when the colonised the moon. There have been rumors of corporations planning expeditions to move asteriods into earths gravity pull as extra habit moduals... but no-one can be sure. Currently the list on the first page is the publically known areas of habitations.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

The bases made there were corporate outposts, nothing more. No-one outside the upper echelons of both corporations knows of them.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Yup, thats what I'm going for. Now tomorrow I'll need you lot to make stats for your corps. I've already added my GM bonuses from your RP stuff about your corps, you get postive modifiers or negative modifiers depending on how you do stuff.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

A collection of all my company-related stuff:

GaiaCorp
Founded in 2021 by John Robinson, GaiaCorp is a company specializing in creating equipment designed to withstand extreme conditions, and has recently become something of a household name in the extra-solar colonization effort. Although their early history was not particularly notable, the company caught the public eye after being chosen to provide the equipment for the Martian research bases. Many wonder how a previously-unnoticeable company was chosen for one of the most prestigious operations of the 21st century. Although many rumors of underhanded dealings, murder and blackmail were thrown back and forth, the truth remains unknown to this day. With the discovery of FTL the company has shifted all of it's efforts into colonization and terraforming technology, which combined with its prior experiences enabled it to quickly gain the lead in the colonization and exploitation of worlds with extreme conditions. On a lighter note, there have been many conspiracy theories about it's dealings on Mars, most of them centered around the idea of a gigantic base hidden under it's icecaps. When the Current CEO: Stanley Boone (as played my yours truly), was questioned on it, he was reported to break down in hysterical laughter. After regaining his composure he was reported to say: "I wish."

The CEO of GaiaCorp, Stanley Boone, has a history of being something of a joker. Perhaps the greatest example of this is the "colony wars" of the 2080's where defense corp and GaiaCorp  competed in placing bases on the most inhospitable planets in the solar system. This culminated on Venus, where defense corp set up a base mounted on a sky platform. GaiaCorp's response to this was to place their base on the surface, as of today no-one knows how they managed to do it. The base is still there today, in fact, if one observes it from defense corp's base they can see that the facility is laid out so that it spells F***k you from the base's position. No-one has dared ask Jonathan's opinion on this.

GaiaCorp has gained the ire of many of it's competitors, especially Defense Corp and The Bradwell Organization.

The incident that really took the cake with DefCo has already been stated. The Bradwell organization despises the company for "Stealing our rightful place as the first colonizers of Mars'. It's only a matter of time before these tensions result in something catastrophic.

GaiaCorp is a bit of an oddity among corporations, in that it's headquarters move. Stanley Boone is somewhat paranoid and so his corporate headquarters are located inside a fortified starbase that changes it's location frequently. So far there has been no attempts made on his life, making him unique among the corporate leaders of today.

GaiaCorp is in an alliance with AusCo, Helix Science and (secretly) DefenseCo. We are also part of the 2-way push for Mars, with another alliance against us. Thank gods for that head start.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

If you'll kindly keep the alliance's behind closed doors. Basically I'm not a GM who will want to know everything that goes on. You are allowed privacy in this game. PM between each other and all that. Buut if you want to have public co-operation then that could be some benifit to the publics eye.

LSTAR

• Bay Watcher
  • Has Sprung From Ambush!
    • View Profile
    • Second Hand News

Hello peoples.

I'm going to do a "So you want to take a Turn..." post at some point tonight, showing the kind of actions you'll be able to take and what you can do with them.

In the meantime, you've all got 3 point to spend on Technologies. A technology is rated from 1 to 5 points and gives a bonus to one of the attributes in the turn card.

I.E. "2 points in Public Relations, 1 Point in Industry." would give you +2 to PR on each Turn Card, +1 to Ind.

"3 Points in Espionage" would give you +3 to Esp on each Turn Card.

Spread the points in any way you want and PM either myself, or Nilocy (both preferably) with your decisions.

And yes, Technologies can be stolen or destroyed/invalidated with Espionage actions...
"Slaves to Ciko Suppermuffin: Goddess of Food."

The man, the blog, the manblog.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

Well, theres been no real major interest in space for some time, other than the excitement like 80 years ago when the colonised the moon. There have been rumors of corporations planning expeditions to move asteriods into earths gravity pull as extra habit moduals... but no-one can be sure. Currently the list on the first page is the publically known areas of habitations.

Didn't Mars cause something of a stir? I'd imagine that it would.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Link
A slightly more clear description:
LUNAR COMPUTER AIDED MANUFACTURING CORPORATION/ LUNAR SENTIENT ALGORITHMS
Founded in 2025.
Big manufacturing company on the earthen moon luna. (V.High manufacturing, HQ on Luna)
Unknown to public; sells goods via puppet companies. Low public image, as the small companies must keep a low profile; people would get suspicious if they noticed that they all got their goods from one place. (Low public image)
Known to government and other major companies. Relationship is we make all your stuff, you keep us secret. (Medium government opinion)
Unknown to most, the company is infact almost entirely operated by an AI named Sally 6.
Medium-High technology. Techs: 2 points in Industry, One point in technology.
The HQ and all facilities are beneath the surface of Luna. They are for the most part not manned, but rather fully automated.

Long Live United Forenia!

LSTAR

• Bay Watcher
  • Has Sprung From Ambush!
    • View Profile
    • Second Hand News

So You Want to Take a Turn...

Each turn you can take 2 Major Actions. A Major Action uses one of the 6 Turn Card Attributes. I'll go over each kind and do a few examples.

Public Relations

Using a PR action, you can wither affect your own Public Appeal rating positively, or a competitor's appeal negatively or positively (if you're in an alliance or something). You could also affect your own PA negatively, but I'm not quite sure why you'd want to.
If possible, put in a little description of how you're going to try and spin PR.

I.E. "I'd like to try and put a more human face on my Faction by hosting a photo shoot with my President accompanied by a fictional, computer generated perfect family."

"I'd like to try and sully [X Corporation]'s good name by paying off journalists to claim that their products cause a rare type of skin cancer. I'll boost this with 2 Money/Resources Units."

Politics

Works in virtually the same way, but affects Government Appeal instead of Public.

I.E. "Holding an international eace summit"

"Donating brand new equipment to a government's Armed Forces.

Industry

The backbone of any corporation's activities. Industry reflects any product or project that holds both short and long-term benefits for the corporation. A successful Industry roll provides the Corporation with Resources/Money to be used in later turn. A failed action does not result in any noticeable loss.
If possible, add a description of what the project or product. If relevant, an interesting Industrial project can provide bonuses at a later date.

I.E. "We'd like to recoup some of our lost assets by rolling out a Vanilla-Cherry variant of our popular soft drinks line."

"Ramping up production in our Steel Foundry, any excess Steel produced is put toward the next Colony Ship."

Economics

Economics involves investments, playing the stock market and various other activities that have screwed up our financial system over the years. The success of an Economics test is affected by the Economic Climate, a figure generated from the Economic success of all Factions. It might be wise to check with your Allies before making an investment you can't afford to lose...

Money/Resources invested in an Economics check do not provide any bonuses, but affect the profit or loss received. Again, descriptions if possible.

I.E. "I'd like to invest 4 Money units in one of my up-and-coming satellite corporation."

Research

Research is used to develop new techniques, technologies and products, primarily used to the advantage of your own faction. When taking a research action, specify which Turn Card sector (i.e, PR, or Espionage) you'd like to research. A success will provide you with new technologies, providing bonuses to future Cards. +5 is the maximum bonus each Attribute can gain from Technology.
The larger the success, the larger the bonuses. Note: Bonuses are NOT cumulative and do not stack. I.E. if you already have a +3 bonus in Economics, you'd need to research at least a +4 to gain a benefit.

I.E. "I'd like to research new Industrial methods, upgrading my assembly-line robots with state  the art components"

"I'm going to begin work on an Espionage research project, a database of all known agents, their alter egos and known disguises."

Espionage

Espionage is the fun one!

With Espionage, you can do quite a wide number of things.

1. Steal Technology Bonuses.
You gain the benefit of one of your target's technologies. They also keep the benefit.

2. Destroy Tech Bonuses.
Although information is hard to destroy, by leaking the new technology to the Global Community, you can ensure that no one gets an advantage/bonus from sole possession of the technology, and also improve your Govt or Public Appeal a little.

3. Peak at Turn Cards.
Depending on the degree of your success, you receive a (mostly correct) copy of one of your competitor's turn cards for the next 1-3 turns.

4. Peak at Technology.
You gain information about what technologies your competitor actually has.

I.E. "I'd like to steal the PR software from [X Corporation] then release it to the public, open source..."

"I'd like to activate a sleeper agent in [Suchandsuch's] Faction to get a look at his Turn Cards for the next few rounds..."

With all actions, Money units can be invested, up to a maximum of 5, to improve your chance of success/profits, in terms of economics.

Any queries/confusions, just let me know!
"Slaves to Ciko Suppermuffin: Goddess of Food."

The man, the blog, the manblog.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

There is nothing here. Go away.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 05:07:56 pm by TheNewerMartianEmperor »

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14