Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Masters of the Stars. RESTARTING THIS GAME. 3/5 Players needed  (Read 9815 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What would be some appropriate actions?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>Load business proposal
Dear Sir/Madam/Sentient Algorithm
As always, we bring you the standard offer to produce any required goods, for a price. Contact us for more information.
[LOAD HUMAN PROTOCOL:CLOSE LETTER://we apologise for Sally's direct manner. She probably means it for the best, for all of us. She does what she must, because she can.]
SA-1776

Offering mercenary manufacturing actions. Need colonizing equipment? I'll make it. Need 80 km of carbon nanotubes? I'll make it. Need a fleet of FTL ships? I'll make it.
For a price.
Long Live United Forenia!

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Right, I'm going to say that this thread is purely for Out of character (OOC) discussion. I'll open up the other thread for turn postings, put them in spoilers please. Its just so other people who arn't playing get a chance to see whats going on. I'll keep you update. I'll make a little list of those who have given me turns and all that. I won't accept them through PM's cause its a bit unsporting. But you can still pm me or lstar with questions/advice or something.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile

So, we get the first update tomorrow?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Should do, I'm gonna roll up the turns, everyone who hasn't posted a turn just havn't done anything important this turn. But if they don't post next year they'll just eventually dissapear. Saves me work, so i have no quabbles with them.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Idea!

If a player has not been active for a turn, on his/her second inactive turn, their are presented with a Corporate Crisis. Whatever problem your company is slandered with is chosen through a dice roll, each decision affecting the player if he decides to come back on the third term. Of course, if they tell Nilocy beforehand that they're leaving, there company can just be inactive.

6 = Founder retires
5 = Stockholders sell
4 = Company is absorbed
3 = Company fractures
2 = Bankruptcy
1 = Dangerous product

Effects of Each:

6 = Founder comes out of retirement, +1 Economics and +1 Public Appeal
5 = Founder buys back stock for cheap, +1 Economics
4 = Company is bought back by founder in exchange for 3 Credits
3 = Founder reassembles the company, buying back the pieces, -1 Economics
2 = Stock of the company plunges, severely damaging the revenue, -2 Economics
1 = Product of the company related to 12 deaths, -2 Public Appeal and -3 Economics

Now, if the player does not come back on the third turn, here is what would happen to the company.

6 = Founder happily stays in retirement
5 = Founder loses his share of the company and is taken on as a board member
4 = Founder is fired, and gets a new job with a promising start-up company
3 = Founder joins a more stable, large company, obtaining a senior position
2 = Founder loses fortunes, goes to work at a clerk position for an IT firm
1 = Founder sentenced to life in prison after a total of twenty-eight people died due to the company's product

Sound okay?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile

So, how are the turns shaping up?

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uh, bump?  ???

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't like to double-post, but how are the turns coming?

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

What is taking so long?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Nilocy
IT does seem it atm, sorry about getting you to waste time, but its just i have this terrible chronic problem of never finishing what i start. I'll try my hardest to come up with the turns and that. Again sorry. :(

This is a reply I got from Nilocy when I PM'd him, asking if the game was dead.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now that it's summer, is there any hope of this coming back to life?

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile

I doubt it, but I'm not giving up just yet...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masters of the Stars. Testing suggestions atm. Need advice on stats/descisions
« Reply #193 on: September 19, 2009, 01:45:03 pm »

Massive bump.
Ok, so, this is never coming back. Fine.
But I think this was awesome.
So.
I am planning on starting this again. With slightly different mechanics, though. But basically the same game.
Anyone interested?
Long Live United Forenia!

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Re: Masters of the Stars. Testing suggestions atm. Need advice on stats/descisions
« Reply #194 on: September 23, 2009, 06:59:46 am »

Wait! I just saw you restarting this thread. I acctually think i might be able to start it again. I have all the old files. So don't go steal my idea please!!!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14