Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Various (Water) suggestions  (Read 1397 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Various (Water) suggestions
« on: April 11, 2009, 02:39:02 pm »

Just throwing them out there;

1. Fix the Enemy Definition.

This has been around since boatmurder if I recall right, even there elephants would sit on top of Goblins without feeling the need to attack them. Adding a few more "groups" that are hostile to each other (Pray, Hunter for animals for example) would allow for deeper game play all over, I finally wanna be able to feed the wild spiders dammit.

2. Water

-Fix for the fact that "over" pressurized water will not push anything at all and instead just fill up the room;
If a item gets "hit" by 7/7 water (in one frame) it should automatically move to the next area with the LEAST water in it.

Heat Transfer;

Water passing over Hot stone should heat up, to different degrees, from swimming pool warm, to burning hot -> witch could help clean the water

Clean/dirty Water

There should be a Water Quality, based on the ground it touched. As in a floored and Walled water Storage would have very high quality (Legendary Water if you cook it before running it though your water system - where it does not stand still once and is replaced regularly).

"Pending" option

In a workshop it would be interesting to have a Pending option (you select a order, press P) and it makes sure the order stays there even if you run out of the needed matiral - it will check every 5 mins or so if the product has been resupplied and it will then resume the paused progress, like say a kitchen is at "render Fat"  P R and it will stop once the fat is out - but not remove the order.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
Re: Various (Water) suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 03:00:48 pm »

witch could help clean the water

Good idea but I think we need to wait for the magic arch first.  :D
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 10:54:49 pm »

sandwitch could help clean the water
Good idea but I think we need to wait for the magic archfood to be fixed first.  :D
Fixed.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 01:42:14 pm »

sandwitch could help clean the water
Good idea but I think we need to wait for the magic archfood to be fixed first.  :D
Fixed.

hahah you're so silly  ::)
I have an art blog now.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 04:09:53 pm »

Point 1. is reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly bugging me btw.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 04:43:52 pm »

I can sense stories from a distance of 600 feet. There is a story here. Spill it.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 04:47:11 pm »

I can sense stories from a distance of 600 feet. There is a story here. Spill it.

I am a psychic. I will tell you.

OP neglected his defenses because after all he was living IN A SWAMP filled with ALLIGATORS and HIPPOS ... and then goblins came and walked right past the animals, OP got scared and drafted his dwarves.. who got their asses handed to them since the goblins were being ASSISTED by the animals.

OP raged.
I have an art blog now.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 08:17:11 pm »

More like OP was obsesed with the idear of a Unnamed īSpider God feared by evryone feed with the goblins and orcs of a thousand and one siege - OP was very disapointed that after much strugle and many escaped goblins that did silly things to my dwarfs ...

"Oh a goblin, naked, running along, i better jump in this water pool!"
"Oh a spider 5 z levels under me - whops droped the master archer I had in my hands and got shot in the groin 3 times"

... where not eaten by the spider. I then droped down all kind of animals as test and apperently the spider shots peace-venom. my pets that I droped down would not attack the spider or the goblin, same for wild animals.

Oh besides my cats. Evry cat was INSTANTLY webed to the wall (like in midair) and ripped to shreads. Dogs, cows, horses, mules - all fine, having babys, hugging the goblins, becoming there mounts, but cats would be killed on sight.

All very disturbing.

So basically I like the concept of using or having "beats" that you can not fully control and that "could" backfire. Beats that you feed with your enemys, beats that you train, beats that kill each other - surival of the fittest - and then the fittest fights the strongest enemy's...

Until legends are born....