Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Ironguard [closed due to data damage]  (Read 2970 times)

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Ironguard [Community fort, reclaimed!]
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 08:14:30 pm »

14th Limestone, 303:

The dwarves within the fortress were so busy with their tasks, that they did not realise the orcs were gone till the Liasion from home is yelling at their door. They had been ignoring the orcs for the time being, due to not havign the dwarf-power yet to deal with such a sturdy foe. The gates are immediately opened up.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 08:43:02 pm »

hehe u need to install a door bell :P

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 08:54:48 pm »

27th Limestone, 303:

"A gob tried to sneak into snatch some children... heh... what an idiot...there would have been no way to sneak past the crowded market... not to mention... he's right now trying to gnaw through the bars of the cage... funny little bugger... maybe the mountainhomes could use one as a life specimen for children to learn about."
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2009, 12:23:45 am »

11th Moonstone, 303:

Orcs arrive on the horizon, coming again, hoping to catch the dwarves off guard this time... maybekill some that get left outside.. or the like.. this time bringing more and stronger orcs, but they are spoted, and an iron bell is rung from the nearly finished gatehouse, alerting all dwarves to stay inside... all siege doors getting thrown shut.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2009, 01:41:48 am »

Can I have the most skilled warrior? I mean, any skill is fine as long as it's at least medium.
Also, if possible, can he be not good with other people?

Edited

No problem, sorry for the lack of response. Been havign a busy day. i'll get you a dwarf as soon as i get back to this fortress, i'm taking a bit of a break.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2009, 01:44:40 am »

15th Granite, 304:

"First we saw one Caravan, strangers from these lands... natives, who are not too advanced, one moreso than the others... feline looking, with stripes.. but on two legs.. all sorts of them... all but those elves... a rude bunch, with almost no use..."

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2009, 10:11:10 am »

Can I have the most skilled warrior? I mean, any skill is fine as long as it's at least medium.
Also, if possible, can he be not good with other people?

Edited

No problem, sorry for the lack of response. Been havign a busy day. i'll get you a dwarf as soon as i get back to this fortress, i'm taking a bit of a break.
'Kay

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2009, 11:24:33 am »

wow... octavia just out-wrestled an orc wrestler, and killed it with just a briuse on the arm!

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2009, 12:07:11 pm »

19th Hematite:

Orcs arrive in force to the fortress of glass, quickly swarming it, after following a human caravan... but the humans and most of the dwarves make it into the fortress... but they find one dwarf outside the walls that almost made it, locked out... what fortune, at least one kill would be made today... and with the merchants inside, who had to leave sometime... there was only a matter of time...

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2009, 12:36:05 pm »

:o wow is she a legendary miner? or just stronger than the orc? well was stronger. im so happy with octavia right now lol. but just a bruise :o

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2009, 04:53:01 pm »

sorry to say scuba, but Octavia died... somehow a firesnake got to the booze... while octavia was drinking.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2009, 05:03:47 pm »

dam :( do u have any male miners or soldiers or masons?

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2009, 10:48:57 pm »

5th sandstone, 304:

"recovery has begun.. we have lost many to this siege... mostly due to our own... wounds or just plain insanity... Then an ambush claimed the lives of many... We are down to 49 dwarves.. the orcs were the main pressure... may the gods damn them, and the goblins. So far, not seen hide nor tail of a Gnoll. WE are recovering and strengthening as I Write... lost our mayor to the gobs, and her child... We will soon recover their bodies, and then place then in the Catacombs... something that is actually in the original design i made... and is expandable... our glass walls hold.. though te humans and the lizardmen did not make it out... after forcing us to let them leave... the human liaison was unhappy, and went crazy... i hope that the humans udnerstand that we were under seige."

--------------

I do, and i'm also giving Tradan his own Dwarf.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2009, 12:35:18 pm »

i would like a soldier..male named. adrion

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2009, 05:09:07 pm »

aww hell... all my data, is corrupt, damn.

Pages: 1 [2] 3