Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Ironguard [closed due to data damage]  (Read 2971 times)

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
Ironguard [closed due to data damage]
« on: April 10, 2009, 09:03:30 pm »

heh... i just started a fortress, for the hell of it, and found that it has some usable geography and potential to be quite the Community fortress so here goes! hop on in, and make a request. The previous style for dwarf listing is too laborious... and i will only list what dwarves are taken.

------------------

Taken dwarves

Glassmaker, female; "Tauri" [Rivesand]
Champion, female; "Octavia" [Scuba]
Miner, male; "Lorbam" [Scuba]

------------------

Journal of Erith Thizdeduk, 1st Granite 301:

"well, a new start for the dwarves, an outpost... that had yet to be named... an innitial survey was done of the area... relativly flat, with a river down below the main plateau, actually a brook...  but we could still use it... for a well. There is some Hematite ore right visible, some copper, and even some Lignite coal... not that we need it much... due to the magma-pipe, but still... this place will be strong.. and not Gobblins, gnolls or even Orcs shall conquer us, We are, Ironguard!"

« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 05:09:28 pm by Rivesand »
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Ironguard [Community fort]
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 10:18:42 pm »

Expedition leader's journal, 17th Galena:

"i don't feel to well... maybe a bit of bad turtle... been working so hard to build the first things quickly... we havn't found much relyable stone, yet... so we are building out of the most easily found material... sand... which is made into glass,... this should be quite the suprise for any nobles... and any goblins that attack... finding walls of glass, strong as any stone... a secret little mix of mine... not to mention our weapons, rifles, gunpowder using rifles. Muzzle-loaders, made of copper, brought them with us, cheap firearms, but a good weapon none the less. Felling a bit better now, getting back to work."
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 10:33:52 pm »

Outpost leader's journal, 17th Limestone:

"ah, good news has come, the caravan has arrived! we have some goods to give them, and a report to share... not to mention there will be the thughts of the traders about our fortress in construction, this is good news, goods are being carted as i write, it's time to meet with the liasion, who will be talkign to me shortly i expect."

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 11:19:36 pm »

7th tibmber:

"some migrants have arrived, the extra hands will be of great use! i'm glad that knowledge of our fair outpost has already made it to the mountainhomes, and drawn others to our sides, we will do well!"

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 11:55:27 pm »

The fortress has fallen.

--------

there will be a reclaim done...

game pause cancelled, Cat walking on keyboard
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 01:17:28 am by Rivesand »

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 05:11:49 am »

Okay, here we go again. I'll be updating with fewer posts, with more content from now on, or at least trying to.

--------------

Operation: Reclamation

"I've been selected to lead a group of dwarves, with military training to go claim a recently found fortress, a small outpost one, invaded by orcs... who appeared to be milling about at the point of revalation."
"Our squad is only seven... but we are skilled."

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironguard [Community fort, reclaimed!]
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 03:07:36 pm »

i will be a miner soon to be turned wrestler(when u get enough miners) named octavio

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 03:15:21 pm »

got it!

Naming our current miner as yours, if you don't mind a female.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 03:20:03 pm »

sure i guess but i should think of a more femine name like...octavia    lol

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 03:22:00 pm »

21st Sandstone, 302:

"Progress report:

We are doing well.. we saw no orcs around at all... not inside or outside. The caravan found us well, but much still to do. The walls were complete, the dead buried... and construction continuing. This place is quite the interesting setup, and i like the chosen material, glass, but that's a personal aside. the glass here is strong, and quite hardy, unlike most glass. We've seen a few kobolds, but that's it, that was when the caravan arrived. there is still much to do, so i end this entry."

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 03:39:12 pm »

sure i guess but i should think of a more femine name like...octavia    lol

No problem there

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009, 03:44:42 pm »

ok  thx :)

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009, 06:53:52 pm »

14th Hematite, 303:

Orcs from the Fiend of Spires clan, arrive, looking at the glass walls... seeing that they have grown, from the last time they came here... "dem beardies came back! we kill dem again?" one orc asked, and there was a nod from the leader, with a wip in his hands... a snarl on his green face. "dem short-beards will die!" The orcs arrive at the walls, seign the fortress bottled up, and finding no way in this time... they just sit around, waiting... and waiting.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 06:59:04 pm »

catapult them to death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with a bridge!

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009, 07:03:17 pm »

Can I have the most skilled warrior? I mean, any skill is fine as long as it's at least medium.
Also, if possible, can he be not good with other people?

Edited
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 08:58:41 pm by Tradanbattlan »
Pages: [1] 2 3