Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Voytek
« on: April 10, 2009, 07:15:15 pm »

Pure awesome.

That is all.

The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Voytek
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 07:19:43 pm »

That was win.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 07:43:46 pm »

I truly am shocked and awed at that. That is the stuff of legends. I salute Voytek. I'm going to go find out where his statue is in Edinburgh tomorrow. I'll take a photo of it, and post it here.

Edit: If I can acctually find out where it is...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 07:50:02 pm by Nilocy »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 07:48:34 pm »

So utterly awesome. God bless you Voytek!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 08:06:00 pm »

Saw this a year ago. Pretty awesome.

Bromor Neckbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 08:38:54 pm »

Wow, if that's even HALF true, it's freakin' epic.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 08:44:37 pm »

First I was like:  :o
Then I was like: :D

...That is the first time I have used smilies in a long time.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 08:46:18 pm by Tahin »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 09:40:00 pm »

I saw that a good year ago. Still good.

I don't care who calls that particular style crude and unintelligent, that list is made of awesome.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 09:50:47 pm »

It is crude and unintelligent, but I still love reading those.
Shoes...

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 10:06:33 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voytek

o,0

This is beyond awesome.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 10:23:19 pm »

:o
AWESOME! :D
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 10:52:43 pm »

I've heard of that bear before. He was a real hero he was.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009, 03:14:25 am »

<---- kickass

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 03:17:04 am »

Somebody needs to make Voytek's story into a feelgood movie.  Screw you and your jewish thieves, Daniel Craig.  I want a war movie about angry Polacks and a Nazi killing bear.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009, 03:23:12 am »

Can I slightly derail this thread for some more badassery?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Kittinger

Captain Kittinger was then assigned to the Aerospace Medical Research Laboratories at Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, Ohio. For Project Excelsior (meaning "ever upward", a name given to the project by Colonel Stapp), as part of research into high altitude bailout, he made a series of three parachute jumps wearing a pressurized suit, from a helium balloon with an open gondola.

The first, from 76,400 feet (23,287 m) on November 16, 1959 was a near tragedy when an equipment malfunction caused him to lose consciousness, but the automatic parachute saved him (he went into a flat spin at a rotational velocity of 120 rpm; the g-force at his extremities was calculated to be over 22 times that of gravity, setting another record). On December 11, 1959 he jumped again from 74,700 feet (22,769 m). For that return jump Kittinger was awarded the Leo Stevens parachute medal.

On August 16, 1960 he made the final jump from the Excelsior III at 102,800 feet (31,300 m). Towing a small drogue chute for stabilization, he fell for 4 minutes and 36 seconds reaching a maximum speed of 614 mph (988 km/h or 274 m/s) before opening his parachute at 18,000 feet (5,500 m). Pressurization for his right glove malfunctioned during the ascent, and his right hand swelled to twice its normal size. He set historical numbers for highest balloon ascent, highest parachute jump, longest drogue-fall (4 min), and fastest speed by a human through the atmosphere[. These are still current USAF records, but were not submitted for aerospace world records to the FAI.

The jumps were made in a "rocking-chair" position, descending on his back, rather than the usual arch familiar to skydivers, because he was wearing a 60 lb (27 kg) "kit" on his behind and his pressure suit naturally formed that shape when inflated, a shape appropriate for sitting in an airplane cockpit.

For the series of jumps, Kittinger was decorated with an oak leaf cluster to his Distinguished Flying Cross and awarded the Harmon Trophy by President Dwight Eisenhower.
What the wiki article failed to mention:
When his glove failed, he decided not to tell command, because that would cost him the opportunity to jump. Seriously. Almost going outer space without a proper suit, and not calling for help, just because you think you might not get another chance? That is badass.

Also, since at that height the speed of sound is different, he is the only human that travelled at supersonic speed... without any propulsion.  ;D

And I think ... when he was a teenager, he rode speedboats and probably (thats however only a theory by me) killed bears with one bare hand. probably the one that swelled up on excelsior three, but he just didnt care, since he knew what his hand could do.

seriously, that guy is tough as nails, and chuck norris can go knit sweaters.

hey , I just saw that joseph kittinger is on that bearbearing badassery site as well.
and here is a nice music video with sum original footidge
Alright  ;D Proceed.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 03:31:00 am by Puck »
Pages: [1] 2