Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Piracy. No, not your Torrents, I mean REAL piracy.  (Read 15558 times)

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
Re: Piracy. No, not your Torrents, I mean REAL piracy.
« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2009, 02:51:34 pm »

We could air-drop shock site images and while they're disabled come in with Navy SEALS, dismantle the warlords, and install a friendlier government.

I emailed that idea to George Bush when he was looking for WMDs in Iraq, but he rejected it.  I hope he lies awake at night and thinks about his mistake...

I do hope you know the usual outcome of instaling a friendlier government like that? If not, read up on Augustos Pinochet, the Dirty War in Argentinia and the years leading up to the revolution in Iran...

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2009, 04:18:15 pm »

And read up on the Shah. Dammit George Bush! Stop smiling like that!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2009, 04:26:52 pm »

We could air-drop shock site images and while they're disabled come in with Navy SEALS, dismantle the warlords, and install a friendlier government.

I emailed that idea to George Bush when he was looking for WMDs in Iraq, but he rejected it.  I hope he lies awake at night and thinks about his mistake...

I do hope you know the usual outcome of instaling a friendlier government like that? If not, read up on Augustos Pinochet, the Dirty War in Argentinia and the years leading up to the revolution in Iran...

Virex stabs the Obviously Facetious Statement in the Humor with his -History-!
It is mangled!
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2009, 04:28:12 pm »

I was about to ask if we needed to start using sarcasm tags.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2009, 04:44:06 pm »

Iraq is almost working.  Not very well, but it descended into a bloody morass largely because some idiot disbanded the Iraqi army.  There

On the other hand, marching into Somalia to get rid of the piracy would work about as well as trying to drain the Mediterranean sea by dumping boxes full of burning coal into it.  To effect change you need something to change.  To fix Somalia's problems would require a concerted effort to firstly erect a government, and secondly erect an economy capable of sustaining itself without outside propping(e.g. food shipments, cash infusions, etc).
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2009, 05:15:00 pm »

It's not over yet, these pirates want revenge...
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa/04/13/somalia.pirates.revenge/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

From pirate spokesman: "The killing of our boys was aggression, and the U.S. will see what they get from their operation,"

Sorry if this has already been posted, haven't read through the whole thread.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2009, 05:16:26 pm »

Isn't the raiding of US merchant ships aggression?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2009, 05:20:07 pm »

Now that they have a spokesman, and have vowed to "add some harsher steps in our dealings with hostages, particularly American and French hostages", can we kick their asses?

Really, they should be grateful that the only reason we aren't blowing them off map is because it wouldn't be economically sound.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2009, 05:24:43 pm »

So... President Obama wants to rid the world of it's nukes you say. Maybe we can hit to birds with one stone here. NUKE SOMALIA!

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 13, 2009, 05:33:05 pm »

Gah, Whats with you people and nuking things?

Bromor Neckbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bring aid to MY COUNTRY? I'll kill every last one of you!
« Reply #145 on: April 13, 2009, 05:37:09 pm »

Quote from: A_Fey_Dwarf
From pirate spokesman: "The killing of our boys was aggression, and the U.S. will see what they get from their operation,

So they're vowing vengeance on the largest navy in the world.  Brilliant.

Personally, I'd consider attacking somebody's ship, and then pointing an AK-47 at a dude's head while saying, "give us a million dollars ransom if you want this guy back alive" as "aggression".  It's like they WANT us to use the military force I've been suggesting.  The pirates are saying that they're going to be more brutal with French and American hostages after this.  Incredible tactical genius, that.  It's time to level Gara'ad and/or Harardhere and show the pirates what "aggression" really is.  I don't think using nukes is appropriate (and I'd hope that all such suggestions are made in jest) but it's certainly time to show these animals what it means to pick a war with the most powerful navy in the world.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 13, 2009, 05:40:40 pm »

Or maybe we should hijack one of their pirate boats and hold everyone on it hostage for ransom.  See how they like it.
Shoes...

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2009, 05:46:52 pm »

Of course it was jest, I'd imagine to fallout from a nuke would cause more problems than the pirates would anyway. Not to mention the millions of innocents killed, the condemnation of America and a few other things.

I don't see what the pirates gain from just killing US and French citizens instead of taking them hostage. If I were a pirate I'd be trying to make money by any means necessary, not killing innocents because a government didn't give me what I wanted.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 13, 2009, 06:54:12 pm »

Or maybe we should hijack one of their pirate boats and hold everyone on it hostage for ransom.  See how they like it.
I say America allows privateers to raid pirate ships. This should result in an interesting solution.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 13, 2009, 07:02:15 pm »

We need to all get together and pool our money for a boat and automatic weapons, and do just that.  We'll name our ship Abbeygrazes, and our group will be The Bald Coalition of Paper.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13