Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Touhou Project  (Read 10391 times)

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Touhou Project
« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2009, 03:30:55 pm »

The issue of them obscuring your vision would severely limit the scope of possible pattern recognition. As you can see with certain flash games moving down a corridor of such shapes you need to not collide with requires that they be fairly spaces out.

If our eyes had five types of color receptors you could make them different colors and have the additive mixing of colors show through several layers but it still ends up turning into a mess of indistinguishable white after awhile so that's no good.

A potential game mechanic on say, the wii, would be to have to navigate a dot through several fairly close walls as you charge at an enemy, to cut them in half or whatever. Actually I think I might use that some time.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2010, 01:59:43 am »

time for a thread necro!
3d would be bad, and probably make the game lag more than a catsplosion.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2010, 08:09:11 am »

I have been playing Touhou a good bit lately. Mostly just Imperishable Night and Scarlet Weather Rhapsody. I am actually getting pretty good at the latter.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 27, 2010, 08:50:10 am »

I have been playing Touhou a good bit lately. Mostly just Imperishable Night and Scarlet Weather Rhapsody. I am actually getting pretty good at the latter.
the fighters aren't particularly hard outside of story mode though. For example, patchy is somewhat a threat in Arcade mode simply because she sits on one side spamming the homing fireballs. No real AI is in them.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2011, 03:46:26 pm »

Picked Imperishable Night up again. I had bested it on Easy mode before after much difficulty.

This time I chose to play on Normal.

Oh my god this game is hard.  :'(

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2011, 08:44:16 am »

3D Touhou fighting game anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0H-fQVzOb8

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2011, 06:54:29 am »

I am extremely disappointed by the watermelon sword.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]