Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Catapults: take from elven skulls stockpile  (Read 2634 times)

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
Re: Catapults: take from elven skulls stockpile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2009, 06:42:44 pm »

Catapults that throw ballista ammunition.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 03:15:08 am »

If your have loads of iron on your map, start one-upping children cartoons by firing only anvils!
I love this idea.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Randominality

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:EAT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 09:26:52 am »

Well apart from firing HFS we also need to fire magma. Hence magma should be collectable in buckets or something. That'd teach those goblins, and handily remove their cow leather thongs in the process making post battle clean up much quicker and easier.

Also the magma bucket just sounds epic - i dont even care if you cant do anything with it .

JUST LET THERE BE MAGMA BUCKETS!!! ;D
Oh Gordon Freeman, what medical procedure can't you educate alien war machines about?
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2009, 10:04:39 am »

Catapults that throw ballista ammunition.
There is something amusingly deviant about this idea... I really hope that ballistas are already calculating weight properly. I don't think Toady will include my idea if bone arrows do the same damage as a chunk of HFS. However, there should be nothing wrong with Throw-Anything catapults otherwise. Hell, it's not like they're accurate in the first place.

I have cause for optimism, though. I would think that the necessary code already exists based on the fact that Hammerers do more damage to a creature based on force, mass, acceleration, something like that.
Pages: 1 [2]