Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Your most SCREWED Survivors...  (Read 4965 times)

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your most SCREWED Survivors...
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 04:59:18 pm »

Oh, I thought this thread was for survivors of horrible accidents. Like magma floods.

I remember being :P with a magma pipe and my entire fortress being flooded. As the magma poured in, most of the dwarves locked themselves in the main dining room. As magma seeped down the hallway, Urist McFuckingawesomepants decides he's too good to die with the rest of these shmucks. So he vaults over a few tables to the door, flings it open and runs down the hall, nearly igniting himself. Of course, the other dwarves take a cue and follow, only to be engulfed in the molten rock that had barely reached the door. Magma, dwarves, burning. Urist gets away without a scratch, only to close himself off in the Mayor's room. His corpse still remains, a testament to the power of one dwarf to screw everyone else with a really dumb idea.

I once had a dwarf who was the dwarfiest dwarf who ever dwarfed.

He waded through magma and survived!  :o

His feet burst into flames and he set a few other dwarves on fire, but he ended up living and recovering fully.

Jakkarra

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 07:40:41 pm »

I once had a dwarf who was the dwarfiest dwarf who ever dwarfed.

do you mind if i sig this please?

unfortunately, accidents in my fort never result in distilled awesome. just fireballs wandering into my haven.

(long story short, imps set world on fire, i had just finished my moat around my above-ground fort, when two dorfs went off for some wood, one of them aquired said wood, but the other spent a little to many frames in the fire, and burst into flames. urist Mcfirecrotch then proceeded to ignite the grass in my haven, causing all other dorfs to also burst into flames. flameypants' log then disintegrated, and he wandered off to get another one, before keeling over on top of a puppy.)

love, jakkarra.

Axe27

• Bay Watcher
  • Put down the crossbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 08:37:32 pm »

I once had a dog that ended up killing 2 goblins before sustaining severe injuries.

He was missing all his limbs, and was basically a torso with teeth, because he had no eyes. He survived for about 3 years before finally giving up the ghost during a flooding accident.

Though, I once had a cat who got it's mouth cut off. (Yes, I added in the mouth part to stop all the "Too injured to carry prey" messages.)
And thus did the dream of dwarven antigravity fade away, not with a massive explosion or a flood of magma, but with a whimper.

I'm going to be depressed all day now.

darksergio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2009, 09:24:50 pm »

my most screwed survivor was the last standing dwarf of my last forstess he held off a orc invason but he took the ultimate decistion flood the world whit magma he pulled the lever and runn the hell out of the central command whit magma following him and burning dwarf and orcs everywere. He managed to escape whit  red lung wound now he spend the rest of his diays in a house in the top of a hill farming and seeing how the magma slowly destroy the world
Clear skies with a chance of FLAMIN' RAIN!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2009, 09:30:32 pm »

my most screwed survivor was the last standing dwarf of my last forstess he held off a orc invason but he took the ultimate decistion flood the world whit magma he pulled the lever and runn the hell out of the central command whit magma following him and burning dwarf and orcs everywere. He managed to escape whit  red lung wound now he spend the rest of his diays in a house in the top of a hill farming and seeing how the magma slowly destroy the world
That's not screwed. That's epic.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2009, 09:35:15 pm »

my most screwed survivors were the farmer, mayor, record keeper, miner, and champion axedwarf (with 50% artifact armor) stuck in the mayor's palace with well access.

sounds just fine, except that on the other side of the steel blast-door airlock, was a smattering of magma pockets, a buttload of obsidian, and water pockets. also, the Axedwarf was getting depressed.

fortunately, they subsisted just long enough on raw plump helmets and water for the miner to break out of the magma/water mush and into some nice marble. they rebuilt from their, with no hope of escape. There was only one female, and they were depressed. WITH AN AXE.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2009, 10:29:03 pm »

Right now I have a marksdwarf with a missing eye (got an arrow in it) and two guards with damaged lungs.

I recruited them into the guard because that way they can be useful. They can't sparr so when they punish criminals they go easy on them ... and I like that.

During the latest siege a goblin elite marksman showed up with one arm torn off at the shoulder. She collapsed in pain ... I checked her history and it appears she had been ambushed by a grizzly bear some 12 years ago.
I had really hoped for a baby who got his hand torn off would survive and grow up to become "Onehanded Urist" but he died from the wound. Damn baby.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

CloisteredSyrups

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2009, 11:25:20 pm »

I had really hoped for a baby who got his hand torn off would survive and grow up to become "Onehanded Urist" but he died from the wound. Damn baby.

Only in Dwarf Fortress would this be considered totally acceptable. :D

My own slip-ups tend to be cataclysmic, so my dwarves die swiftly and utterly... Though, there was this one fisherdwarf who barely escaped a giant eagle... Lost an eye and an arm, with minor damage to the rest of his external body. He limped into the fortress, stopped moving, got carried to a bed and stayed there for about two or three years. I was shocked that he was being cared for, he had no friends and I left him for dead.

He went back to fishing though one day, happy as can be, though with one arm and eye. It didn't seem to hamper his fishing overmuch, and his legs were fine for moving in and out of the fort, so I just let him continue his life hobby. I needed fish, he had high skill.

Giant eagle never returned... I wonder why.
Wolves tore off my adventurer's limbs, and you are reminded of pokemon?

darksergio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2009, 12:07:30 am »

That's not screwed. That's epic.
I know that is epic but he also screwed the world I wonder how many elves had to learn how to swim in molten rock I still have the save and the orc didnt returned yet I think that they fear my survivor dwarf
Clear skies with a chance of FLAMIN' RAIN!

death

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2009, 05:00:45 am »

I sent a small army to kill a GCS because it was pissing me off. This guy lost one leg, 2 arms, mangled right leg, mangled spin and left lung mangled. He sadly died a year later after trying to recover.

The strength of the pack is in the Wolf. And the strength of the Wolf is in the pack.

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2009, 08:09:27 am »

I once had a goblin wrestler who lost both legs, an eye, an arm and had mangled much of the rest of his body during a siege, he sat outside my walls for about 4 years, being passed by my dwarves and caravans and even other sieges before finally crawling his way onto the traps just inside my entrance.
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

Alex Encandar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2009, 09:46:11 am »

I think my most screwed survivors were in a fortress that I was starting on an ocean side, but steep mountain area (filled in ^). Their wagon began on the edge of a cliff sitting on ice. Apparently this ocean froze...which was wierd. Anyways it immediatly unfroze and all my dwarves and supplies were flushed out to sea, 3 survived on a cliff ledge they washed onto but without a pick they had no way of reach food, water, anything.
Onolerar (Desert Fort) Map Thread
Hammerwalls (Ocean Fort) Map Thread
Fountaintomb (Aged fort) Map Thread
Earthday (Hazard Fort) Map: Thread:

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2009, 09:51:09 am »

I think my most screwed survivors were in a fortress that I was starting on an ocean side, but steep mountain area (filled in ^). Their wagon began on the edge of a cliff sitting on ice. Apparently this ocean froze...which was wierd. Anyways it immediatly unfroze and all my dwarves and supplies were flushed out to sea, 3 survived on a cliff ledge they washed onto but without a pick they had no way of reach food, water, anything.
Now THIS is what we were talking about!

Alex Encandar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2009, 10:14:53 am »

I think it only would've been better if eventually they turned to canabalism but alas I abandoned that fort after the first caravan came and was unable to reach them.
Onolerar (Desert Fort) Map Thread
Hammerwalls (Ocean Fort) Map Thread
Fountaintomb (Aged fort) Map Thread
Earthday (Hazard Fort) Map: Thread:

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2009, 10:23:10 am »

I think it only would've been better if eventually they turned to canabalism but alas I abandoned that fort after the first caravan came and was unable to reach them.
A skeletal giant eagle would have worked just as well.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4