Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21

Author Topic: MRTQ- Knights & Knaves: Challenge Phase 3  (Read 28037 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: MRTQ (Mafia Role To Quest): Sign up now?
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2009, 08:53:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2009, 08:55:48 pm »

I have received my role.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2009, 09:02:54 pm »

Yup, let's go.

Sir Berserkicus calls for more beer and then belches loudly on Sir Emperor, since he happened to be sitting in front of him.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2009, 09:10:33 pm »

I am indeed ready.  Let us smite the heathens!

The king has commanded me to retrieve the Staff of Storms, who's location was recently discovered by a local lord.  Who will join me on this quest?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2009, 09:23:00 pm »

The 7 of you have gathered here, in the hall of King Nukeifuge. Each of you received a personal letter of summons, and have gathered around the Square Table to discuss it. The King stands, and speaks.

"Goode Sir Knights, I hath summon'ed thee to mine hall for a Queste of greate importance. Myrto, mine loyal Sorcerer, hath divin'ed the locatione of an powerful Artifacte, the Staffe of Storms. Once wielded by the moste powerful Weather-Wizard whom ever walk'ed this lande, it hath now fallen into the talons of a moste vicious Dragon. This vile beaste no doubte has foul designs in minde... and we cannot allowe it to remaine in such wicked hands!
   It is the seven of thee whom I charge with the recovery of the Staffe of Storms. Ye who have been selected for thy great deeds in the past, I have no doubte that thee can indeed recover it."

The king returns to his seat, spreading a map out in front of you, detailing a long trek through the lowland forests, over cave-riddled foothills, up into trecherous mountain cliffs, and finally to a cave at the peak of the mountains.

"This ist the pathe which thee art to follow, in order to reache the lair of the Dragon... beware, for the lands are filled with treacherous terrain... and even more treacherous beings. The dangers are greate, but so art the rewards, for the Dragon's Lair ist filled with golden treasures, gemstones, and many a magical Artifacte.
   Be wary, however... Myrto has received an omen, that some among you will betray the others,in order to seeke the Staffe of Storms for themselves. I know not how many these traitors number, but you must been on thy guarde at all times."

At this, he beckons you all to stand as well, rolling the map up and pressing it into Sir Frey's hands.

"You must make haste. You have but one week, seven days, to complete mine taske... i fear the Dragon will unlock the secrets to the Staffe, and we will all be doomed! Go forth, Brave Knights... best those who would thwart you, and recover the Staffe from the Dragon. Go safely, and withe Godspeed!"

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2009, 09:46:38 pm »

Sir Berserkicus stands, pounding his fists on the table as he does so, causing his tankard to tip and spill beer all over his (already filthy) boots.
"Goode.  Let us make haste.  This dragon wain't slay its self."

I'm really not any good at this pseudo-middle-english.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2009, 09:56:27 pm »

The Party:
Victory Points: 0/10

○ - Unwounded
- Wounded

[Wound] Player
[○ ○ ○] Sir Frey, the Canny (Frelock)
[○ ○ ○] Sir Sytherion, the Nimble (Pandarsenic)
[○ ○ ○] Sir Urist Stealthbeard (Org)
[○ ○ ○] Sir Berserkicus, the Mad (Karlito)
[○ ○ ○] Sir Inaluct, the Unoriginal (Inaluct)
[○ ○ ○] Sir Emperor, the Pure (Emperor_Jonathan)
[○ ○ ○] Sir Smith, the More-Unoriginal-Than-Sir-Inaluct (bob_smith)

Day 1: Challenge Phase
You saddle up your horses, and journey forth from Castle Nukeifuge along the lowland roads. The skies are clear and bright above, but soon you reach the outer reaches of the Hazewood... a forest notorious for its thick fogs, and for the bandits which plague it.

As you progress into the foggy heart of the forest, and the light fades above you, you hear the cry of a man, followed by several more! You ride forth, your weapons brandished, only to find a small group of beleaguered Merchants, surrounded by 5 sword-wielding bandits. The bandits seem to have set up a blockade, demanding tolls from the merchants. They have yet to notice your approach in the muffling fog.

What will you do?

Main Challenge: Pass the Bandit Blockade. (1 Victory Point)
Optional 1: Disband/Defeat the Bandits. (1 Victory Point)
Optional 2: Save the Merchants and their Goods. (1 Victory Point)

Obvious Actions:
1) Attack the Bandits
2) Parley with the Bandits
3) Sneak Past the Blockade

Discuss actions amongst yourselves, and once everyone is decided, PM your action to the GM. *Deadline is 12:00AM EST, Thursday April 14th16th.
I win at counting.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 10:44:39 pm by Solifuge »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2009, 10:02:46 pm »

Thursday is April 16th.

"Such scum should not be parleyed with.   I shall ride forth to crush them.  Who's with me?"

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2009, 10:07:50 pm »

I think that we should give them a chance to talk.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2009, 10:12:00 pm »

"These scum are scum, I AM WITH YOU!"

bob_smith

« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2009, 10:21:28 pm »

You never know, maybe there is some reason they are asking for money. I say we discuss with them with them.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2009, 10:24:19 pm »

"Certainly we will obey the rules of Chivalry, and demand their surrender before we crush them.  Common cowards like them will probably flee if they see seven armed knights approaching."

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2009, 11:48:04 pm »

"Step one, demand surrender," Sir Sytherion agrees, tilting his helmet with a conspiratory smirk, "Step two, descend upon them as we were the hounds of Hell itself if they deny our mercy! I suggest the two or three of us most schooled in the arts of stealth flank the knaves in case matters should turn sour."
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2009, 12:01:46 am »

"Aye.  How about this? Sir Frey uses his words to frighten them off, and if that fails, I will lead a direct charge with Sir Smith and Sir Emperor, while Sir Sytherion and Sir Urist attack from their flanks.  And uh, Sir Inaluct can hang back to provide fire support and make sure none of them escape."  Sir Berserkicus looks around at his fellow knights, grinning madly.  Its not often that he comes up with a complete battle plan.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2009, 12:25:45 am »

"Indeed, tis a good plan.  I shalt ride forth, and demand that these foul traitors to the crown surrender themselves unto our sacred crusade.  My words are choice: "Why thou globe of sinful continents, what a life dost thou lead!  Thou hast neither heat, affection, limb, nor beauty to make thy riches pleasant.  Thy bones are marrowless, thy blood is cold.  Thou mewling sheep-biting scullian!  Lay down thine arms, and give thyself over to mine mercy!"

Shoudst they deny the opportunity, I shalt ride away, and begin to pepper the ill mene's hides with mine arraws."
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21