Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Various Nonsense is Over  (Read 20428 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Various Nonsense is Over
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2009, 11:12:59 am »

Drat, now I might actually have to start playing DF again.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2009, 11:18:20 am »

Indeed.

Well, I see now that adopting a (HIP NEW) avatar and declaring war on the yuri's, simultaneously posting a crapload of spam, involving Rolcatz and Lolcatz, was the wrong way to go about it. I see now, that I must return to playing DF, and nuture my young new, innocent thread, dedicated to the distribution of ASCII art, and hope, one day, that we can call ourselves the one forum that is 'Different', than anybody else. Different in the sense that we can make posts involving proper grammar, and intellectual discussions on the various properties of DF, involving physics, costs, and magma.

I will leave you now, to assume my rightful post in the 'Creative Projects' forum, to make sure none of this spreads to the virgin DF threads.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2009, 11:20:37 am »

I think I predicted that a stern warning post from Toady would settle things down rightfully enough. Of course, this is a little more than that but I believe the right thing was done here.

Now, to continue work on the Scour the Earth project. I need more pickaxes!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2009, 11:22:15 am »

*Stops outside the door*

You got a warning post from Toady? You? Was it warning you or the forum?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2009, 11:35:19 am »

Aha!

I was right that VN was slowly devolving into a slightly lesser /b/.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2009, 11:38:19 am »

Indeed.
and hope, one day, that we can call ourselves the one forum that is 'Different', than anybody else. Different in the sense that we can make posts involving proper grammar, and intellectual discussions on the various properties of DF, involving physics, costs, and magma.

It was like about a year ago.
Shoes...

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2009, 11:39:35 am »

^^^
Yes, and I joined about 2 weeks before we couldn't call ourselves that anymore.

I just realized that I have no-where to put this topic, asking where Deathworks is, so I'll just post it here:

Where is our Deathworks?

I have not seen any of his (her?) posts lately. In fact in over a week, in the DF forums.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2009, 11:49:32 am »

^^^
Yes, and I joined about 2 weeks before we couldn't call ourselves that anymore.

I just realized that I have no-where to put this topic, asking where Deathworks is, so I'll just post it here:

Where is our Deathworks?

I have not seen any of his (her?) posts lately. In fact in over a week, in the DF forums.

yet another clue as to why we need a "topics that do not deserve their own topic" topic
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2009, 12:45:58 pm »

Even though I visited VN only occasionally, I am somewhat dismayed by it being locked. Akroma apparently has experience being a mod, so her idea has a bit of credibility in my eyes.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2009, 01:08:31 pm »

I think I predicted that a stern warning post from Toady would settle things down rightfully enough. Of course, this is a little more than that but I believe the right thing was done here.

Well, the VN subforum was spammed to hell...we can safely state that. Just a reminder: Various Nonsense |= Spamming Nonsense. However that is quite clear now for everyone.

Where is our Deathworks?

I don't know, but my brother -his user name is gimli- refuses to visit the forums for a long time now....Guess why? He was talking about almost the exact same stuff, like Kagus in his "A new world" topic. [We had a similar topic back in time...] However he was complaining about this many months ago. Ah well, let's just say, that I don't disagree with Toady's decision about locking the VN subforum. Perhaps it will be reopened in the future. If that's gonna happen, we will need to have some specific VB subforum related rules imo.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 01:16:22 pm by Tormy »

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2009, 02:04:53 pm »

I feel mostly to blame for this, but I agree it was necessary to lock the board.

I, and quite a few others, got carried away in the insanity, and I apologize to everyone.
It won't happen again(At least not from me).

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2009, 02:56:59 pm »

I'm glad it is settled, though I feel a little guilty because I, like Kagus, was calling for some action to be taken against VN.

Why don't you start up your "politics" stuff again in forum games? It belongs in there a good deal better than anywhere else, now that VN is gone.

And I kind of hope that VN stays gone. It doesn't really belong, now that we have General Discussion. It's a relic of the past.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2009, 02:59:48 pm »

I enjoyed the politics bits at least, they inspired creativity. And also rage, but the two go together hand in hand. Or hand on neck.

Not a problem though. Everything worth keeping is better put in another subforum anyway. The idea of a random topic for anything that doesn't deserve its own topic might be a good idea. Small quips and notes about nothing would feel at home.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2009, 03:03:21 pm »

There's also always the IRC channel for complete randomness and nonsense.... At least then it doesn't stick around.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2009, 03:19:37 pm »

you say "stick around" like you are saying somebody forced you to read through the VN section

ignoring thigs sometimes is a rather good thing you know, instead of acting like everything you see is actually your problem
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15