Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Various Nonsense is Over  (Read 20429 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Various Nonsense is Over
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 03:09:28 am »

Mute. Deserved too. I don't care, it was just an outlet for my stupid and I think my stupid pool is depleted

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 03:20:05 am »

I had a feeling this would happened if it continued.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 03:20:45 am »

*hug SJ (in a non-suggestive manner, mid you) and cries on his shoulder*

This is sad... I KNOW it was a pit if pure retardation, a pool of liquid idiocy, a wrenched hive if scum and villainity... but it was my only source of those things, it brought something NEW into my existence, even if it was just a new kind of horror. I'll miss it.  :'(
Hssssss!! *puts a cross made from garlic and kryptonite in between self and link*
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2009, 03:23:39 am »

This is sad... I KNOW it was a pit if pure retardation, a pool of liquid idiocy, a wrenched hive if scum and villainity... but it was my only source of those things, it brought something NEW into my existence, even if it was just a new kind of horror. I'll miss it.  :'(
Hssssss!! *puts a cross made from garlic and kryptonite in between self and link*
Pah. You will need fire for that.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2009, 03:28:11 am »

It will be okay Armok, there's always a chance it re-opens in a slightly more sane state. If not I'm pretty sure we got enough good and bad memorys.

Like... That night... [/I]
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2009, 03:28:28 am »

Since you guys crowned me Baron of what is now a pariah state, I guess I should say something.

I don't have much; except about five or eight or so of you brought this on yourselves.  The whole yuri thing was the crux of it, not just because it did indeed break forum rules, but because it underlined your problem.

Just because you said or posted something in ironic jest does not automatically make it acceptable.

Basically, a few of you ran around not just being idiots, but insisting you had a right to be idiots at other people's annoyance.  That's the line.

Anyway, I'm confident Toady won't take harsh action on anything or anyone.  I doubt he'll have to - I'd like to think that finally being told to be quiet by the one guy everyone unconditionally respects will be all that's needed.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2009, 03:36:04 am »

And you wonder why VN was shut down.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2009, 03:40:14 am »

And you wonder why VN was shut down.

Actually, we don't. Toady told us.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2009, 03:42:43 am »

Better stop now, you're coming dangerously close to another inane quote pyramid.

Let's have an embargo on those too.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2009, 03:43:17 am »

who else has a strong tingle that Kagus e-mailed toady, complaining about the same issues as he did before, seing that no one on the actual board agreed with him ?

happy now kagus, just because you were bored you managed to ruin the fun of plenty

learn how to ignore things that displease you, for christs sake
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2009, 03:44:28 am »

Akroma, just because you have a gut feeling doesn't allow you the right to tell him off. He did the right thing closing his thread.

I also think we should stop inane quote pyramids.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2009, 03:45:33 am »

Akroma there were several incidents leading towards this.

Kagus is not to blame.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2009, 03:47:07 am »

Nothing to do with Kagus.  I get moderation reports from all sorts of people, including regular VN posters.  I don't even recall if Kagus ever sent me one.  I've been thinking about this for a while, as it has been burning my time for a while.

There are no further actions slated.  The woose thing was a previous event.  The last thing I did was a yuri thread delete, but that wasn't all that crucial either.  Just doesn't seem like I should be moderating a sludge board instead of working on the game, and once you're to the point of considering appointing moderators just to handle a sludge board, something has gone wrong, and the root cause should be addressed.  Some of the hostility and intentional stupidity was also spreading to other areas, and the metastases would continue if what was becoming a tumor remained in place.

We thought some of the VN threads, even recently, were amusing or interesting, but looking at the majority of the front page VN threads and where they are at now, and having wasted a bunch of time talking about it without coming up with a better idea, we decided to lock the board.  There were certainly a few people exacerbating it this time around, but as a moderation question, it's kind of annoying, since there's no structure guiding VN, and if I put one in place, what would it be, and how would I enforce it without having to split hairs about what's detrimental and what's not?
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2009, 03:49:06 am »

Holy crap, VN was preventing Toady from working on DF.

Everything I did there was detrimental, not just useless as I previously thought. God damn. I feel so stupid right now, Jesus.  :-[

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2009, 04:01:15 am »

Good riddance.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15