Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Sanity Cheating (Creature_Domestic.txt)  (Read 3451 times)

Mount

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
Re: Sanity Cheating (Creature_Domestic.txt)
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 10:43:14 am »

Mod dogs to be vermin hunters, and simply don't BRING any cats!

haha such a bad idea. Then you just get a dogsplosion instead?

The thing that makes cats so obnoxious is they choose their own pet status, so a major contributing factor to catsplosions is that you have dozens of cats who have "adopted" a dwarf, and thus cannot be butchered (and who, if killed 'accidentally,' may trigger an emospiral..)

Dogs are quite content to remain strays forever, which means even if you have oodles of puppies, you can just drag 'em to the meat shop and make puppy-fur coats, Cruella.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 12:04:33 pm »

Mod dogs to be vermin hunters, and simply don't BRING any cats!

haha such a bad idea. Then you just get a dogsplosion instead?

The thing that makes cats so obnoxious is they choose their own pet status, so a major contributing factor to catsplosions is that you have dozens of cats who have "adopted" a dwarf, and thus cannot be butchered (and who, if killed 'accidentally,' may trigger an emospiral..)

Dogs are quite content to remain strays forever, which means even if you have oodles of puppies, you can just drag 'em to the meat shop and make puppy-fur coats, Cruella.

It is the [VERMIN_HUNTER] tag that makes cats do that, so if you give that to dogs you will get a dogsplosion instead.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Mount

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 11:06:19 pm »

well dangit.  >:(

at least dogs don't generally tear up your furniture and poop in your shoes.
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2009, 12:55:24 am »

As long as the cats don't breed, then the only cats in existence will be brought in by immigrants, or bought at a trading depot.

Another, even lazier hack might be to make Mules your verminhunters and cats simply become cute little piles of food. In real life, Mules can't breed, so I would assume that's the case in DF?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2009, 05:57:51 pm »

Another, even lazier hack might be to make Mules your verminhunters and cats simply become cute little piles of food.

ingenious!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2009, 07:25:04 pm »

If you add the [trAINABLE] tag to cats then it is possible to train cats in-game. Trained cats then immediately become "work animals" and no longer will choose a master without you assigning one. This can solve the problem of catsplosions, but it can mess up training as it is not possible to choose which work animal you are assigning. You could just as easily end up assigning 50 'war cats' to your hunter as you could end up assigning 50 war dogs.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2009, 08:48:43 pm »

Make hunting cats and micromanage your untrained adult stray population with cages.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2009, 09:40:49 pm »

If you add the [trAINABLE] tag to cats then it is possible to train cats in-game. Trained cats then immediately become "work animals" and no longer will choose a master without you assigning one. This can solve the problem of catsplosions, but it can mess up training as it is not possible to choose which work animal you are assigning. You could just as easily end up assigning 50 'war cats' to your hunter as you could end up assigning 50 war dogs.

You can, however, choose who to train by caging the animal type you don't wish to be trained.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2009, 11:39:28 pm »

Here is my solution, I changed the [MAXAGE:10:20] into [MAXAGE:3:5]... (highlighted down there)
Note:
My cats have their very own text document... and I added the catmouth fix too...

If that ain't working, lower the maxage even more...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 01:11:04 pm »

i have have seen a bug with the fish, in adventure mode i was dragged under water by a pike and was being mauled but after two wacks the fish bolted and left me to die but then i got this message:a pike has drowned*end* err he was still under water when the message shoed up and he turned into a corpse so i have no idea.
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 02:40:35 pm »

Speaking of pikes, they're still killing dwarves. I've stopped playing that fort, really, as it's fucking annoying to see that this or that dwarf has inadvertently gotten close to a pike and managed to die. Before I changed the raws, pikes were causing my guys to drown. Now that I took the Aquatic tag off, pikes have been wandering the land, picking off plant gatherers when I least expect it.

The mulecats, on the other hand, are a huge success, though i wasted a bit of trading on stocking up horses and donkeys. According to the wiki, mules cannot currently be born of horse and ass; they can only be embarked with or traded for.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2009, 12:22:42 pm »

Well, the pike could have drowned from organ damage related to whatever organs needed to breath water. Dwarves can drown on land when their lungs fill with blood so if body damage would be like gill damage they could drown.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2009, 12:39:29 pm »

To survive pikes, do it my way. Nuke every single pike and carp and lamprey in existance until they never bother you again ( Due to lack of existance. ) personally, i'd recommend modding them to an extremely high body temperature and making them sever on breaks, and trust me, you respect the guy who invented "Thermonuclear catsplosion" when you see how effective it solves problems. :)
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2009, 04:52:22 pm »

If I end up with a breeding pair of cats I try to kill the females instead. All if takes is one immigrant with a male cat to suddenly knock up however many female cats that adopted themselves or showed up with previous migrants.

If a female shows up and I have ten male cats big deal.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Raphite1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Beards and Brimstone
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2009, 07:13:11 pm »

Just kill off the carp and pikes with a marksdwarf. Make a small room by the water, maybe 1x3, with fortifications for the wall overlooking the water. Put in a tiny ammo stockpile, and lock the marksdwarf inside. He should kill everything in range. If your devilfish are more spread out, you might have to make a couple such "bunkers."
Pages: 1 [2] 3