Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: A dream...  (Read 5429 times)

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
A dream...
« on: April 08, 2009, 05:02:23 pm »

Last night I had a strange dream. I dreamed that I witnessed the end of the world. It wasn't any huge disaster, no atomic explosions or great wars. It also wasn't predictable like global warming. It was just the entire universe blowing away like a pile of leaves in the wind.

I watched this happen in a forest. It was in the twilight hours just before dawn, clearly autumn, and I watched the universe be destroyed from this strange area. It didn't bother me at all, like any other leaves being blown away. I was speaking to an invisible god-like power.

Suddenly, I'm floating around in a black void, and I hit some sort of spaceship. I stood up and I began talking to a group of humans, insistent on the fact that there is no time, that time does not exist. I argued that I was clearly experiencing the flow of time, and they ignored this.

They talked about how they failed 'the jump', and one of the smarter looking women walked up to me, and inspected me.

"He's a machine."

For some reason, I was not disturbed by this. I continued talking to them about various things that I can't seem to remember. Then I woke up.

I'm at a loss for an explanation of this dream. Usually I can determine the meaning of the dream, but this was so complex that I just can't seem to fully understand it. It does reassure my view that humans are always wrong about something, and the utter insignificance of this universe. Why would the gods care about the end of a universe if they could just try again?

I think the reason that universe ended is because people (not humans, there's a difference) stopped giving it a purpose. I think that the meaning of life is to give life meaning, and failing that, life will end, for it no longer has a purpose.

/rant

Discuss this or some of your dreams.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
Re: A dream...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 05:05:41 pm »

So... because we don't care God is just like "Well screw this!" and swats us away?

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 05:07:48 pm »

How would you feel if you spent six billion years to make a gift for someone, and they're just like "What the hell is this?" and walk away. To put it in nice terms, I'd be fucking pissed.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 05:08:21 pm »

o,0

I seek no meaning from my dreams except of what my subconscious thinks of various things.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 05:11:10 pm »

How would you feel if you spent six billion years to make a gift for someone, and they're just like "What the hell is this?" and walk away. To put it in nice terms, I'd be fucking pissed.
Good point, although you're probably depressed.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 05:12:20 pm »

Not at all, I'm almost always happy.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 05:14:11 pm »

*Cue dust in the wind*
Eh?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 09:18:37 pm »

It's just your neurons combining concepts together chaotically, what the set of concepts say abaut you I'm not to qualified to guess.
HOWEVER, I can do an "interpretion" that is some weird kind of "what if" and dosn't have much to do whit anything and certanly not whit reality:

I'm not sure what you mean whit "blown away as the leaves", it could possibly be that 12d expanding bubble in string theory that I've forgotten the name of.
The godlike thing I've no idea what it is.
The travellers were probably from the future of some alternate time stream, that were disrupted by the bubble, thus "failed the jump", presumably a jump between time streams.
These travellers, while appearing human, probably quite weren't, but instead some kind of advanced post humans, thus you would appear animal-like or machine-like primitive to them. also as they aberrantly have time travel tech they most likely have it embedded in their minds, in a way that makes them indeed have a extremely different perception of time, the "dosn't exist" is probably a miscommunication of a much more complex difference. This offers an alternate interpretation of their usage of "machine" as perhaps the meaning  of the word has shifted to mean something that works linearly whit time.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 09:55:27 pm »

You just threw that together in a few seconds.
Shoes...

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 10:08:20 pm »

Sometimes, it's best not to make sense of things...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 10:13:04 pm »

Yes it's nonsense I threw together in a few seconds, I said it had nothing to do whit anything.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 10:15:09 pm »

WHY DO YOU KEEP MISPELLING THAT WORD? WHIT, WHIT, WHIT!!?!!!!?!?!

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 10:19:09 pm »

I had a very extensive dream last night.. I remember I was in some sort of huge hotel.. And me and some other people went off to do things..It was..intresting. There was some fighting in the dream, and some other stuff. The only part I remember is when I was having sex with some woman, randomly.. I need to start trying to remember my dreams, but I never can.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 11:00:07 pm »

WHY DO YOU KEEP MISSPELLING THAT WORD? WHIT, WHIT, WHIT!!?!!!!?!?!
Because my spellchecker dosn't notice it and it's in muscle memory.  :'(
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 11:06:58 pm »

Has anyone ever had a recursive dream? When I have on it's an early warning sign I'm gonna get a migraine,
Pages: [1] 2 3 4