Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Guardsman:Special Opps: Turn 3  (Read 13120 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I was thinking...
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 04:45:41 pm »

Yeah, that's about right.
I should also point out that what I described was a quick summarary of the idea. Actual implementation would require carefull planning.
For example: How would quests work? A quest could have a progress bar which a player can fill up a certain amount of; say 0-3 bits depending on rolls and role. The entire bar would be, say, 12 long, with 8 players, so that is everyone participated the quest would easily be done. But counter-quests would subtract from the bar, and side quests distract, as that it may take multiple 'nights' to complete, or it may be lowered to, say -6, indicating that evil has prevailed. A new quest would be generated. Perhaps bits would be lost each 'day' in order to make things harder.

If anyone were serious about implementing this, I would tottaly help. Indeed, if enough people have the 'zomg sign me up' mentality, I would be willing to see about starting this up, although it would need co-GMing, as my computer use is currently restricted (My computer=Broken) I'm plugging in a new network card tommorow, which might fix it, but I don't know.... /derail
Long Live United Forenia!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 05:42:10 pm »

Nuke should run it.
Its his idea.
I have an idea for a game...(although like ALL my other games, there will probably not be enough interest)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 05:46:36 pm »

What's the idea?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2009, 05:48:19 pm »

Learn first lesson of forum game, you must.

Survival of game, usually dependant on GM.

Not always, ofcourse. But still, if you pester (by PM) people who don't post, or AI them after a reasonable limit, there is no reason for a game to crash... except you getting bored/busy

Anyway...

you should make the following:

MRTQ: MAFIA ROLE TO QUEST

It works like this: The players are members of an agency. Turns are day or night. During the day, players may perform RTD-esque actions. They are given a quest by the agency.
During the night, they may attempt to complete this quest.
HOWEVER, some players are evil, or at least neutral. Evil players want to perform the counter-quest, whilst neutral players want to perform counter or not helpful quests.
Example: Quest: Find golden sword
Player 1 (good knight): Find it
Player 2 (Evil villain): Stop the rest finding it
Player 3 (Monk): Stop the rest finding it, because it is a holy relic
Player 4 (Pagan knight): Find it, give to other people.

Players may choose what to do in the night phase: Good players may do nothing, because they fear death. Evil players may do the main quest, because they fear that their lack of participation may be noticed.

Points are awarded to players dependant on how well they perform the quest. +X for completing the right quest, +Y for attempting the right quest but failing, -Z for attempting the wrong quest.
V points for doing nothing

Depending on your role, your chances of completing a quest may vary

Example 2: MRTQ: The square table.
Player 1 is a good knight. He is fanatically devoted to doing good. He receives +10 for completing good quests, 0 for attempting good quests, and -10 for attempting bad quests. If he chooses not to do anything whilst there is good to be done, he gets -2 points.
He is armed with faith, giving him a +1 to roles against evil.

Player 2 is a knight. He does good. He receives +5 for completing good quests, +1 for attempting good quests, and -3 for attempting bad quests. He receives no penalty for doing nothing.
He also has heavy armour, giving him a +1 against physical damage

Player 3 is an evil knight. He seeks to destroy the square table. He receives +6 for completing good(that is counter) quests, +1 for attempting good quests, and -2 for attempting bad quests. He receives a -1 penalty for doing nothing.
He is also sneaky, allowing him a +1 to avoiding detection by detection roles

Player 4 is a clever knight. He can check to see what a fellow knight does during the night. The knight gets a 1/6 chance of avoiding detection (6 on a d6). He receives the same points as the normal knight

Player 5 is a pagan knight. He may receive counter or side quests from his pagan buddies. He receives +5 for completing good(be they main, counter, or other) quests, +2 for attempting good quests, -2 for attempting bad quests, and -1 for attempting neutral quests (Has side quest, does main quest). He receives no penalty for doing nothing.
He can also use his pagan potions to heal a fellow player once a night.

Quests could also give items, or death. Quests could only be performed at night, although preperation for the quest (Go get the golden sword: I find a map for the swords location) would be allowed.
There would also be lynching- when a player is killed or lynched, his score is revealed, added to his running total, and put in the waiting list. The next person on the list hops in, generating a new charecter.

Yeah, it needs polishing, but whatever.
This one. The one we have been talking about

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2009, 05:49:08 pm »

I meant your idea.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2009, 05:49:37 pm »

Nuke's kind of busy with the VARIOUS NONSENSE MOBILE BATTLE FORTRESS BATTLE TO THE DEATH, right?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 05:50:02 pm »

No hes not. He will make his idea.

On pain of being executed.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 05:53:58 pm »

So, what's your idea?

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2009, 05:54:57 pm »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 05:56:33 pm »

Uhhh....Well....
It was a bit like Strifes old game.
Just...in the future...you know....like 39 more millenniums from now....

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 05:58:12 pm »

:I

Unless it revolves around orkz, I probably won't play it.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 06:00:40 pm »

Well, I was thinking of Guard...you might fight Orkz....

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2009, 06:04:39 pm »

How about playing 24-barrel Russian Roulette?

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 06:13:14 pm »

We don't have a 24 sided die. Or revolver.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 06:14:16 pm »

Yeah...

Well. I think I start my game sometime soon.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10