Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dwarven Revenge!  (Read 1690 times)

Urist McManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven Revenge!
« on: April 08, 2009, 08:21:59 am »

So, after some of this stupid troglodytes have killed a few of my dwarves (A blacksmith and two fisherdwarfs), I need some plan to find vengeance for the dead dwarfs.
Yeah, there ist the possibility to drop them from a tower, or the let them fight in my arena, etc. But I want to do some really bad shit with them.
I have a magma pipe on my map, so this I can do some bad things.

Another question, will Troglodytes breed? I want some of them, so I can have fun with their kids as well.... they have to suffer more than one generation  >:(
It seems that Ratmen and Antmen don't breed, because after 7 years, I found a bottomless pit, full of Antmen und Ratmen bones, but no living humanoid. The Trogs still live in their caves in the chasm, but the animal men are all dead......... what could happend to them?

betamax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Revenge!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 09:44:57 am »

Don't be so vengeful, or Armok will take revenge on you!
In fact, you should be praising Armok right now for the fact that he didn't take more of your dwarves!

Tigershark13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 09:48:02 am »

I'd personally build a special arena, over the chasm, which at the pull of a lever will collapse, and then make an initiation rite for peasants and soap makers, that they must defeat the trogs, once they've killed saaayyy... 10 of your soap makers, collapse the platform and imagine the look of fear and pain as they fall (or alternately once they become too injured to fight) or

you could capture all the troggies, and put them in a special pit with grates above it, and hten one by one bring them to the surface to fight your dwarves, showering their fellows in the blood of their friend!

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 09:55:20 am »

i dont think animals breed outside captivity but im not sure, you can always check the raw if troglodytes can make kids.
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 10:00:28 am »

I'm quite sure that sentient populations of underground features do not repopulate (yet) in the 3D version.
In the 2D version they used to spawn from the chasm indefinitly, until you 'redlined' it (filled the chasm with magma)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 11:50:24 am »

i dont think animals breed outside captivity but im not sure, you can always check the raw if troglodytes can make kids.

Wild animals can breed. I once had a fortress population torn apart by several generations of wild hippos.

It was horrifying.

bunsoth datannil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 12:45:48 pm »

Wild animals can breed. I once had a fortress population torn apart by several generations of wild hippos.

It was horrifying awesome.

fixed it for you

I suggest a Doomarium
drop tower + shark pool +  windows for your dining dwarves to view the glory of Armok

what's that, you say you have no sharks?  Has Armok not given you their teeth?

when Armok gives you menacing spikes, make mechanical sharks!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 01:03:31 pm by bunsoth datannil »
Bunsoth Datannil "The Godforsaken Iron Hammer"
"no one likes a flaming dwarf"
At points like this, I say listen to our dwarven forefathers and say "fuck the world, pull the lever".

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 01:01:12 pm »

argh, something similar happened to me, as i am playing with civ forge i got violet xelics also know for ambushing.
anyway they killed like 7 of my dwarves but ive captured 15 of em so im gonna do something terrible evil to them.

Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Urist McManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 01:20:00 pm »

Have anyone an idea what happend to the Rat/Antmen? Cause it seems that troglodytes, lizardmen, frogmen and all that Underground river-stuff breed, because they have lived for years now, unlike the Bottomless Pit-Monsters.
I've captured a ratman, but he died in his cage after a time. And as I said, the ratmen in the Pit are dieying one after eachother.

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 01:38:12 pm »

Make a checkerboard.

Half pressure plates.

Half upright spike traps.  Put only one for each tile if you want it extra suffery.

Link one to another in a random fashion.

Wall the area in.

Drop trologdytes in there.

Watch them perform a dwarven rendition of the movie "Cube".
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 01:40:39 pm by Shurikane »

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 01:57:00 pm »

Floor over the chasm-pit, wall of the edges right up to the top-surface, make a small permanent magmafall.
Make them watch as the blood of armok, the dwarven fire, the fluid earth itself incarnated into firery death slowly creeps up to their level, while to stink of their kin from a level down chokes them.
I think I´m becoming a half decent Df player after all....
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 02:24:33 pm »

Make a troglodyte incinerator. Put them inside cages, install the cages into a pressurized magma chamber (use magma safe screw pump and floodgates for input, atom smasher or a chasm for output), link them up to a lever with bauxite mechanisms. Seal the chamber, open the cages remotely and pour magma over your offerings to Armok.

Optionally laugh like a maniac while doing this  ;D.

Just be sure to let them out of the cages first. If you use wooden cages and don't open them first, the cages will burn and all the creatures will get teleported to the place where they got caught... this can be a good thing though... somehow ;)

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 02:30:24 pm »

Make a troglodyte incinerator. Put them inside cages, install the cages into a pressurized magma chamber (use magma safe screw pump and floodgates for input, atom smasher or a chasm for output), link them up to a lever with bauxite mechanisms. Seal the chamber, open the cages remotely and pour magma over your offerings to Armok.

Optionally laugh like a maniac while doing this  ;D.

Just be sure to let them out of the cages first. If you use wooden cages and don't open them first, the cages will burn and all the creatures will get teleported to the place where they got caught... this can be a good thing though... somehow ;)
They do?
Interesting...
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

dornbeast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 03:03:24 pm »

I found a bottomless pit, full of Antmen und Ratmen bones, but no living humanoid. The Trogs still live in their caves in the chasm, but the animal men are all dead......... what could happend to them?

I recommend throwing spare kittens in the area where the bones are.  In my experience, there's a good chance that a Giant Cave Spider will eat them.
Quote from: Dornbeast
Urist Austin, Axedwarf.  A dwarf barely alive.  Gentledwarves, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic dwarf. Urist Austin will be that dwarf. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 04:17:22 pm »

Have anyone an idea what happend to the Rat/Antmen? Cause it seems that troglodytes, lizardmen, frogmen and all that Underground river-stuff breed, because they have lived for years now, unlike the Bottomless Pit-Monsters.
I've captured a ratman, but he died in his cage after a time. And as I said, the ratmen in the Pit are dieying one after eachother.

Animal men don't live long IIRC.
What is the message if there is any?
Pages: [1] 2