Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cannot move stone, Reclaim fortress  (Read 1830 times)

Teferi

• Bay Watcher
  • Planeswalker
    • View Profile
Cannot move stone, Reclaim fortress
« on: April 08, 2009, 03:42:46 am »

for some odd reason my dwarfs are not moving some old stone from my first attempt at settling at my fortress, and yes i did reclaim it all,so do not go saying that i need to reclaim it.

it's really getting in the way of my fortress' industrial area, where some rooms are not available for use as stone that's not designated for any current use is just sitting around.
I think it'd be better to just throw him in a pit.
By pit I mean "ledge designated as pit some 30 levels above the ground water magma" and that would,as they say be the end of that.
Unless a sword/axedwarf gets to 'em.. then it's rhesus pieces...

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot move stone, Reclaim fortress
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 03:47:56 am »

All of the items left when you abandoned your fortress are forbidden. You can unforbid them all quickly using designations

Teferi

• Bay Watcher
  • Planeswalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 03:49:59 am »

as I said I already did so but my dwarfs are not moving to even touch it
By pit I mean "ledge designated as pit some 30 levels above the ground water magma" and that would,as they say be the end of that.

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 03:53:31 am »

Ah, very sorry I missed that. What are you trying to use the stone for? Economical stone needs to me enabled for use in workshops, but if you're stockpiling them or using then to construct then I don't know what the problem could be.

Teferi

• Bay Watcher
  • Planeswalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 03:56:51 am »

well in my first attempt, I tried to use said stone to pave over my magma pipe (it sat right in the middle of the fort) but was wiped out by the creatures that live there (in the magma). come back with lager numbers, finish up my cover then have the stone I cannot move.

it's felsite and alunite

TettyNullus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 04:05:35 am »

Known bug, sometimes things that're tasked before the fortress falls becomes, well, pernamently unusable for some reasons. Most likely those stones were tasked for something or other

Teferi

• Bay Watcher
  • Planeswalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 04:09:02 am »

well I was building a large cover for my magma pit, sigh, will have to build around this

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 05:01:41 am »

make sure its not outside or you need to change the refuse settings
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 10:27:03 am »

The other day I reclaimed a fortress, and there was some weird stuff going on:

Some of the corpses (dwarves and donkeys) as well as some furniture from the former fortress were lying around, undumpable, unburiable, uneverything. There was no way I could get rid of/clean up the stuff.

At first I thought the stuff was tasked for something or maybe claimed by the new inhabitants (yay, lets collect a donkey corpse and store it in my room!) but that wasnt the case, since after I gave nearly everybody some storage and a room nothing got cleaned up.

A year later the leftover corpses from the former fortress didnt show any signs of decay, either, so I finally settled for the "bugged" theory, and breached the magma pipe. And whodathunk... THAT cleared those corpses and the unmovable furniture just fine. It also cleared everything (and everybody) else just fine.

Alex Encandar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 11:37:23 am »

I wonder if this is why I've had two corpses sitting in my dining room. They've not rotted away, they also don't produce miasma at all after 20 years of sitting there. There are plenty of caskets available, but they just keep sitting there.
Onolerar (Desert Fort) Map Thread
Hammerwalls (Ocean Fort) Map Thread
Fountaintomb (Aged fort) Map Thread
Earthday (Hazard Fort) Map: Thread:

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 02:54:18 pm »

Only way to get such stones out of the way that I could think of was to channel under them but my last reclaim happened while the magma buildings were being built so unfortunately I had to rewall my bar storage area which really annoyed me T__T
I should probably work out a workshop layout with the workshops in the middle instead to compensate for my tendency towards unplanned remodeling...
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 05:34:25 pm »

Well known bug; if an item is tasked for something when you abandon/lose, then they'll become completely untouchable by your dwarves when you reclaim.

Forcing them to change location, usually with a channel, appears to be the only way to "normalize" these objects.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Vlcice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 07:40:30 pm »

I wonder if this is why I've had two corpses sitting in my dining room. They've not rotted away, they also don't produce miasma at all after 20 years of sitting there. There are plenty of caskets available, but they just keep sitting there.

Nah, you just have Lenin in your fort.

Raz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 07:51:08 pm »

Cleanse everything with magma.
"I can't wait to procrastinate!"

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch