Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Armor stands, weapon stands  (Read 1241 times)

alphawolf29

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Armor stands, weapon stands
« on: April 08, 2009, 12:58:58 am »

Have armor stands / weapon stands the ability to put a single type of weapon, armor on them. The value of the item would increase the value of the room in addition to the stand. Kill an epic master kobold with a masterwork bronze dagger? display it! have a weapon smith create epic obsidian armor? Put it on display in his room, or make a royal barracks! Have a dwarf die in battle killing 30 goblins? Put his old armor and sword on display beside his coffin! Really it would add a lot of character to a game overflowing with it. Tell me what you think!

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
Re: Armor stands, weapon stands
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 01:24:46 am »

You know armor/weapon stands can hold more than one article of armor/weaponry, how about it accommodates the weapons of squad, or the armor of one dwarf?

And the display thing, it is definitely going to be good if you could do that, think of it, a display case for the artifact weapons, and artifact armor, without having to individually pack them.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 01:26:18 am »

Armor stands and weapon stands use to function properly, but they were disabled when a lot of item organizational stuff was shuffled around.   So, yes, they'll mos'def' be reinstated sometime.

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 01:28:43 pm »

Armor stands and weapon stands use to function properly, but they were disabled when a lot of item organizational stuff was shuffled around.   So, yes, they'll mos'def' be reinstated sometime.

If I remember correctly, there was no other way to store armor or weapons xD

Its been a while since I've played that version to say the least.

Exponent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 01:51:13 pm »

Not quite what you're looking for, but something regarding racks/stands is on the agenda for the upcoming release:

Weapon rack and armor stand assignments to individual soldiers within the barracks (automatic or manual if you care)

I think the display aspect of your suggestion is the most important part of it, rather than the specific connection to armor or weapons.  In that light, these threads might give you some more ideas:

Display cases or shelves
Display cases and plinths
Display Stands, ala Indiana Jones
Display cabinets and Fossils
Pedestal building
Display cases

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 08:33:01 pm »

Functional stands and racks are coming in the next version, I believe has been said on the devlog.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!