Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Twilight: The Movie  (Read 6198 times)

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight: The Movie
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 05:52:49 pm »

Most people I know love the books, but the smarter ones hate the movie. I haven't read or watched either. It just seems... wrong. Vampires should not be conflicted, they need to be uncaring destroyers of men, great and terrible forces that no mortal can control.

Seriously, if Vlad the Impaler was hardcore, imagine how badass he'd be if he could fly and enslave people's mind.

Not sparkles. The vampire sparkles. Vampire sparkles.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 06:28:42 pm »

When asked how I liked it, I responded, "Well, it's like someone write really bad Twilight fanfiction.  They inserted themselves as the angsty Mary Sue who was super special (special blood) and a Unique Freak (unable to have her mind read) that everyone everywhere was just so in love with.  Then the most perfect guy EVER fell in love with her, and they did a bunch of really sweet stuff like talk about relationships and he controls everything she does and doesn't let her do anything and he never pressures her for sex and all the boys at school still want her.

Then you found out it was actually the author who wrote it
, and she published four novels in the series and is a millionaire while you're trying to get an agent just to look at your manuscript, and it makes you so fucking mad that if anyone mentions this book to me again I'll crush their face with my boot heel."

Now I'm reading the second one, and taking notes on not what to do because it's atrocious.

</rant>

So true... :'(
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 06:31:02 pm »

When asked how I liked it, I responded, "Well, it's like someone write really bad Twilight fanfiction.  They inserted themselves as the angsty Mary Sue who was super special (special blood) and a Unique Freak (unable to have her mind read) that everyone everywhere was just so in love with.  Then the most perfect guy EVER fell in love with her, and they did a bunch of really sweet stuff like talk about relationships and he controls everything she does and doesn't let her do anything and he never pressures her for sex and all the boys at school still want her.

Then you found out it was actually the author who wrote it
, and she published four novels in the series and is a millionaire while you're trying to get an agent just to look at your manuscript, and it makes you so fucking mad that if anyone mentions this book to me again I'll crush their face with my boot heel."

Now I'm reading the second one, and taking notes on not what to do because it's atrocious.

</rant>

So true... :'(
More like  >:(

Yes, this is exactly how I feel about it.
EDIT: Before and after.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 06:50:53 pm »

I haven't read the books, and I most certainly have no intention of doing so, but I find it interesting how the success of the franchise has affected the actual town of Forks.  They apparently had a 600 person release party there with all sorts of people coming in from out of town, and the local paper's website has a whole Twilight section now. 
Nobody likes people from Forks.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 08:36:55 pm »

Why are unaging immortal vampires acting so angsty? You think after the first couple hundred years they'd grow up and stop messing around with high school girls......
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 08:47:36 pm »

Most people I know love the books, but the smarter ones hate the movie. I haven't read or watched either. It just seems... wrong. Vampires should not be conflicted, they need to be uncaring destroyers of men, great and terrible forces that no mortal can control.

Seriously, if Vlad the Impaler was hardcore, imagine how badass he'd be if he could fly and enslave people's mind.

Not sparkles. The vampire sparkles. Vampire sparkles.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 09:14:36 pm »

I read it, just to see what the hype was about.

All I could think during reading it was:
What.

This. Book. Sucks.

I finished, and it was bad.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 09:16:43 pm »

Why are unaging immortal vampires acting so angsty? You think after the first couple hundred years they'd grow up and stop messing around with high school girls......

Pedophiles.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 09:37:46 pm »

Pedophiles.

I actually got into an argument with a coworker about that very point. In the book, Edward's like... 90-something "years old", but he looks seventeen. 

Pretend he's only 60, is it okay because he looks seventeen?  I submit that it's not.  He's taking sixty (or ninety) years of experience and maturity and he's using it to seduce minors.  If he was a legitimate 60 year old, everyone would flip their shit.  But if he got some plastic surgery, had some botox, got hair plugs, maybe some lipo and a tummy tuck, would it be okay? 

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 09:45:45 pm »

I have heard in the fourth book they have sex.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 10:23:50 pm »

I'm more concerned why he acts like a angsty teenage boy even though he's 90.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 10:27:28 pm »

Yea.

He is 90 something. And has sex with a someone who is 4x younger.
Lulz.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2009, 02:53:11 am »

The heck's with all the Twilight hate? I like the books and film(s).

I take it you all hate the Marx Brothers?
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 03:04:19 am »

The heck's with all the Twilight hate? I like the books and film(s).

I take it you all hate the Marx Brothers?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 03:07:50 am »

The heck's with all the Twilight hate?

Because.

It.

Is.

A.

Shit.