Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Twilight: The Movie  (Read 6190 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Twilight: The Movie
« on: April 07, 2009, 01:32:45 pm »

How many of you are looking forward to this cinematic masterpiece?

Anything based on that magnificent book will undoubtably translate well into film.

It will surely be movie of the year.

/sarcasm

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight: The Movie
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 01:37:18 pm »

christ

all my friends read this thing, and kept talking of it like it was the wet-inizer

am I the only one who thinks that vampires were a lot cooler back when there was no blood bank to give out food for them like food give-aways in homeless shelters ?
I mean, they are monsters that sold their soul to the devil, drink blood, shapeshift and hypnotize their prey to rape it before they kill it
whatever happened to that ?

now they are "conflicted"
wut
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 01:41:12 pm »

Yeah, Vampires are dead to me.  The last good vampire movie I saw was 30 Days of Night, and I can't remember a good vampire book I've read.
Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 01:59:29 pm »

My mom has a friend who knows someone (or knows someone who knows someone) that might be able to arrange an audition for me in one of the upcoming films.

Now that's conflict.  Acting in a film vs. Acting in THAT film.

Haven't read the books, haven't seen the movie, just looked at the IMDb page and thought "uhh..."

And I'd also be inclined to agree on the subject of pansy vampires.  Kain was the last vampire I was really impressed by (and I only played the original game, not the sequels/spinoffs).  Everybody else has either gone over-the-top (crude, animalistic cretins) or teenage (crude, animalistic cretins in puberty).

Only thing that annoys me more than soft vampires are half-vampires.  I mean, what?  No.  That's just lame fanfic.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 02:03:20 pm »

Are you an actor or something?  If not, you should do something hilarious in the audition, like just stand there motionless.
Shoes...

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 02:05:19 pm »

And I'd also be inclined to agree on the subject of pansy vampires.  Kain was the last vampire I was really impressed by

YES.

I have all the computer Legacy of Kain games, and he is such a badass.

You know what they should make?
A Legacy of Kain movie, with all the blood and gore of the games intact.
The games have enough story in them to make the plotline for a movie, it could be pretty sweet.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 02:30:28 pm »

You know, I was watching How It's Made yesterday, and they showed the creation of copies of this book, and merchandise for this. It was a large factory where 500 fat, sweaty chinese men shit onto a conveyor belt, and then a machine carved the name Edward into each pile. Sold it fresh for $5 each.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 02:31:27 pm »

I ended up reading the first book because everyone I work with gushed over it.  Literally everyone, talking about how fantastic it was, how well written, how deep the character development was.

When asked how I liked it, I responded, "Well, it's like someone wrote really bad Twilight fanfiction.  They inserted themselves as the angsty Mary Sue who was super special (special blood) and a Unique Freak (unable to have her mind read) that everyone everywhere was just so in love with.  Then the most perfect guy EVER fell in love with her, and they did a bunch of really sweet stuff like talk about relationships and he controls everything she does and doesn't let her do anything and he never pressures her for sex and all the boys at school still want her.

Then you found out it was actually the author who wrote it, and she published four novels in the series and is a millionaire while you're trying to get an agent just to look at your manuscript, and it makes you so fucking mad that if anyone mentions this book to me again I'll crush their face with my boot heel."

Now I'm reading the second one, and taking notes on not what to do because it's atrocious.

</rant>
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 06:38:37 pm by Heavy Flak »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 02:56:46 pm »

I could only get like 20 pages into it.  Steph--I mean Bella, is an unpleasant human being.  When she gets to school for the first time and is terrified no one will like her, and someone acts friendly toward her, she blows him off.  Wtf?
Shoes...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 03:45:12 pm »

Suprisingly it's just not popular around here, it even left the theater in less than a week.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 03:55:09 pm »

Suprisingly it's just not popular around here, it even left the theater in less than a week.

Lucky bastard.

Mondark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 04:26:22 pm »

"All the cool people" have been  talking endlessly about it here.
I have taken a solemn oath never to lay hands upon it.

Ugh.

Yeah, Vampires are dead to me.  The last good vampire movie I saw was 30 Days of Night, and I can't remember a good vampire book I've read.

Actually, I just recently finished reading "I Am Legend", after a friend saw the recent movie.  Apparently the movie is more zombies than vampires, but the book was pretty cool.  Scientific Vampires FTW!
Fefeshnelmargalip

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 04:55:44 pm »

The movie wasn't bad.... if you hadn't read the book...

If you did.... *Shudder*

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 05:36:30 pm »

Chick flick with vampires.

Do not want.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 05:37:25 pm »

Chick flick with vampires.

Do not want.
What he said.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6