Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28

Author Topic: Interstellar RTD turn 24 - On hiatus for the time being =(  (Read 27483 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interstellar RTD turn 14 - Whew
« Reply #210 on: April 16, 2009, 07:27:05 pm »

I think Org has been hilarious in this game. After he broke the hyperdrive and it started glowing and shaking violently, his next considered action was;
I train using my Knife

Anyway, if I (ahem) notice anything like an Alliance ship way out here, getting weapon systems outfitted, I inquire as to what they're hunting down.

Lear

• Bay Watcher
  • IRO-Bot will never die.
    • View Profile
    • the-crowing-is-near on deviantArt.
« Reply #211 on: April 16, 2009, 07:29:16 pm »

Could I have actually fixed the unstable hyperdrive?

I was gonna make it a multi-step process. If you had rolled 8s and 9s (after the no skill penalty) about 3 or 4 times in a row then you might have. However, you weren't repairing the hyperdrive, you were stripping it for valuable components if I recall rightly.
Those were the days, The End Complete.
deviantART - My artworks, let me show you them!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 16, 2009, 07:30:35 pm »

Jay, what are you going to buy?

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 16, 2009, 07:41:13 pm »

Nothing. He needs to pay the ship repair fee Org. You guys can't access your ship AT ALL or the items aboard unless you pay the fee.

So. Two options. Either hand over the other 50 Credits, or do what everyone else is doing.

Meaning, *Deep breath*-

GET A JOB!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 16, 2009, 07:43:19 pm »

Cant.
I am getting healed.

I did hand over credits.
I will keep the rest for now, as we might need something

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 16, 2009, 07:51:24 pm »

Remember when I said I'd break your other leg? I was serious.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 16, 2009, 07:51:35 pm »

...Anyway, I'm hoping you guys expand your crew capacity (not sure if you can really modify the living quarters, or for that matter, any part of your ship at all, or if you just have to go buy a new one...though that would be really cool.) so me and Sean can come aboard. Didn't realise this, but if we have enough people, we have effectively to shifts of useful pools.

One pool to complete mission tasks and general upkeep of the ship (which thus keeps our ship space-worthy, and allows members to train in skills while working on the ship) and then another pool to either look for Jobs (Missions), work for credits, or go shopping for themselves, or likely a First Mate or maybe an officer if we ever got that many players to need more then a Chief Mate, which isn't likely, for the ship.

Which by the way, if the ship (WHICH HAS YET TO BE NAMED, I VOTE WE NAME IT ERASMUS. IF IT HAS BEEN NAMED, IGNORE THAT, BUT BASK IN THE AWESOME) is upgradable, and you can modify sections of it, then the Captain will want to add on weapon systems, engines, components for the Bridge (Scanning. Navigation. Life Support. Computers for automation of tasks (if we really needed anything past manual control with such a small ship and crew) as well as Ambiance. In fact, I'm sure you'll all want a ship you care to look at rather then the Old Rig your flying right now.

WALLS OF TEXT.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 16, 2009, 07:54:34 pm »

I vote we name the ship the Cellophane Breakfast.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 16, 2009, 07:57:32 pm »

Eh.

Well I expected Inaluct to vote for something silly.

But as long as no one else folds for silliness, I won't resign myself to a weird or absurd name.

Yet. I might have to knowing how RTD's go.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 16, 2009, 08:02:02 pm »

But Inaluct, I handed over 2/3 my money!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 16, 2009, 08:02:59 pm »

Without the other 50, we can't get the ship fixed.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 16, 2009, 08:03:23 pm »

How do we know?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 16, 2009, 08:10:05 pm »

The total bill for repairs comes out to 167 credits.

With all the money we have, other than those 50 credits, we have less than 140 credits.

Lear

• Bay Watcher
  • IRO-Bot will never die.
    • View Profile
    • the-crowing-is-near on deviantArt.
« Reply #223 on: April 16, 2009, 08:13:45 pm »

...Anyway, I'm hoping you guys expand your crew capacity (not sure if you can really modify the living quarters, or for that matter, any part of your ship at all, or if you just have to go buy a new one...though that would be really cool.) so me and Sean can come aboard. Didn't realise this, but if we have enough people, we have effectively to shifts of useful pools.

One pool to complete mission tasks and general upkeep of the ship (which thus keeps our ship space-worthy, and allows members to train in skills while working on the ship) and then another pool to either look for Jobs (Missions), work for credits, or go shopping for themselves, or likely a First Mate or maybe an officer if we ever got that many players to need more then a Chief Mate, which isn't likely, for the ship.

Which by the way, if the ship (WHICH HAS YET TO BE NAMED, I VOTE WE NAME IT ERASMUS. IF IT HAS BEEN NAMED, IGNORE THAT, BUT BASK IN THE AWESOME) is upgradable, and you can modify sections of it, then the Captain will want to add on weapon systems, engines, components for the Bridge (Scanning. Navigation. Life Support. Computers for automation of tasks (if we really needed anything past manual control with such a small ship and crew) as well as Ambiance. In fact, I'm sure you'll all want a ship you care to look at rather then the Old Rig your flying right now.

WALLS OF TEXT.
Glad to know my game has generated some interest.  :)
Those were the days, The End Complete.
deviantART - My artworks, let me show you them!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 16, 2009, 08:16:24 pm »

Meaning he wants you to hand over 24 more credits. And that means Frelock will have to hand over all of HIS credits to pay it off, or if you hand over all of yours, he still has to pitch in a little. But seeing as how Frelock isn't likely to complain all to much, and you are, I'm guessing Frelock will throw his lot into the pool, and you'll be a good boy and give the Cap'n 124 Credits.

Glad to know my game has generated some interest.  :)

Well, I have to say, I AM interested in this information, as well as your game. And I hope you don't pull a Calvin on us, because this looks awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28