Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28

Author Topic: Interstellar RTD turn 24 - On hiatus for the time being =(  (Read 27442 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: Interstellar RTD turn 14 - Whew
« Reply #255 on: April 17, 2009, 02:41:16 pm »

Or you could just off yourself so Lear doesn't have to do three parties, instead of two, the third party of which would be doing nothing at all besides providing more useless information of a planet we don't want to know about.

So. YOU HAVE TWO OPTIONS MR. KATSUUN. JOIN ME, AND YOU WILL KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO BE ON THE DARK RIGHT SIDE!

Or just stay with the Cap'n, he at least seems to have his head on straight. Not sure if Org does though. Mainly, I wanted to break off, because I wanted a little more power than just a grunt for your guy's ship. I'm not use to doing boring crap work for anyone but myself. So If I have to do crap work, it might as well be to pay for my own ship and my own crew.

Not someone else and his crew.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 17, 2009, 02:44:51 pm »

Yeah, I'll join you guys because it seems more random. "Nods"
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Lear

• Bay Watcher
  • IRO-Bot will never die.
    • View Profile
    • the-crowing-is-near on deviantArt.
« Reply #257 on: April 17, 2009, 02:57:26 pm »

I am still unsure if I could handle even 2 parties so let's not get carried away.. turn will be up in an hour or so.
Those were the days, The End Complete.
deviantART - My artworks, let me show you them!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 17, 2009, 03:03:23 pm »

Let me put it this way...

There is no more reason for wanting to be in this crew. It stinks, and I see the road its headed down. Silliness holds majority there, so I'm making one where seriousness hold majority. No it won't be THZ GAEM IZ SRZ BZNEZ But still, I plan to cut down majorly on the silly with it.

Because I'm a hardass.

Lear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 17, 2009, 03:07:50 pm »

I'm not opposed to having 2 separate groups and I can see where you're coming from. I'm just saying don't get too excited because it may not happen.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 17, 2009, 03:10:03 pm »

And by that, you mean I may not get off of the planet...

ALIVE! DUNDUNDUNNNNNN...

Lear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 17, 2009, 03:13:07 pm »

And by that, you mean I may not get off of the planet...

ALIVE! DUNDUNDUNNNNNN...
Something like that.   :P

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 17, 2009, 03:22:12 pm »

SERIOUSLY though, tell me whether or not if I can't split off, I don't really want to join if I can't.

Like I said, I don't want to just go with the silly crap. And power in the matter does speak a little bit for the situation, and I really don't want to be a grunt for a crew who names their ship-

CELLOPHANE BREAKFAST

Tell me you just read that correctly Lear? Cellophane Breakfast? And now The Kradle of Death? Well its GONNA be a Kradle of Death the moment I get aboard, because if I have to stay with THAT crew for more than one day, I'll self destruct that ship and push myself out of an airlock!

Lear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 17, 2009, 03:27:25 pm »

Well it is was a trash hauling ship.. anyways I suppose I COULD give it a try. I have four people on the waiting list including yourself. I might just add you 4 in as a new team.

I would also like to point out that the only reason the current players are where they're at was because of a {1} to land on a planet. I also think its just the general everyone going off and doing what they want.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 17, 2009, 03:28:45 pm »

Not a Kradle. A Kradel. As in, "Kradellian Freighter".

Lear, I'll send you a character profile soon. I hope you can give me the go-ahead with it...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 17, 2009, 03:30:15 pm »

SERIOUSLY though, tell me whether or not if I can't split off, I don't really want to join if I can't.

Like I said, I don't want to just go with the silly crap. And power in the matter does speak a little bit for the situation, and I really don't want to be a grunt for a crew who names their ship-

CELLOPHANE BREAKFAST

Tell me you just read that correctly Lear? Cellophane Breakfast? And now The Kradle of Death? Well its GONNA be a Kradle of Death the moment I get aboard, because if I have to stay with THAT crew for more than one day, I'll self destruct that ship and push myself out of an airlock!
The ship is named JKS Uranos.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 17, 2009, 03:32:52 pm »

try resist but I want on the waiting list.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 04:44:52 pm by omagaalpha »
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 17, 2009, 03:39:38 pm »

Well, aside from Org, we're relatively competent.
I can be competent when I want to be.
I feel like being silly.

I take offense from your statement.

Lear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interstellar RTD turn 15
« Reply #268 on: April 17, 2009, 04:58:09 pm »

Turn 15!

Quote from: Org
I, while at the hospital, call for someone to get me a book on Mechanics/Engineering/Repairing.
paraphrased: I give all my money for repairs
You call a nurse over and ask for a book. She goes off to look and returns with a stack of books and holozines. You search through the pile | but you don't find anything that you're looking for. You do however, find an entertaining novel about a galaxy-wide conflict that spans dozens of millenia..
Quote from: Org's Status
Health: (L lower leg) healing broken bone
Hunger: 0 Thirst: 0
Worn Equipment: (body) Grey Average Clothes, (upper/lower body) Impacmesh Vest   
Spoiler: Inventory: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Attributes and Skills (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Cpt. Kayell
I go find Org to get his credits. Then I use that money to pay for the repairs. After doing this I look around to see if there are any jobs available. Preferably something that pays well.
Something that involves driving or piloting. Chauffeur or pilot or something like that.
You find Org in the hospital and demand money to cover repairs for the ship. He grudgingly hands over his 152 credits. You then go looking for some employment. | You get a job flying grain shipments from the farms to shipping and distribution centers. | Your work goes fairly well. For your weeks work you are paid 60 credits.
Quote from: Jay Kayell's Status
Health: Unharmed.
Worn Equipment: (body) Fine Red Clothes, (upper body) Durantium Chest Plate, (feet) Drydbeast Leather Boots    

Quote from: Frelock
I'll be looking for a job with engine repair included in its description.  I'd settle for hyperdrive repair, however, should engine repair prove unavailible.  Worst-case scenario, hull repair again.
| You land a job as an engine mechanic at the Agentar Docking Bays. | The work is hard and the pay low, but you gain valuable experience. After a weeks worth of work you are paid 45 credits.
You gained 2 xp and reached Basic Engine Repair!
Quote from: Frelock's Status
Worn Equipment: (body) Average Plain Clothes    

Quote from: Doc
I get a job, preferably doing something medical.
| You get a job as a medical assistant, taking blood samples, patching minor wounds and the like. | You excell in your work and are paid 48 credits at the end of one week of work.
You reached Intermediate Medical Treatment!
Quote from: Doc's Status
Worn Equipment: (body) Average Plain Clothes   

Quote from: Chief Mate inaluct
Preferably: Job as...
Wait. I have no useful skills.
But I have nice clothes, so I can do this.
Acceptable jobs: Restaurant worker, construction worker, something like that
Worst Case Scenario Jobs: Drydbeast herder, hired petty thug, male stripper, drug dealer
If I hear from Jay that Org is hoarding his money, I'll go into his hospital room and break his other leg.
| You get a job as a waiter at a moderately sized restaurant named Adantis' Eatery. | You do semi-well, but you don't really much care for it. It doesn't pay much either, only 37 credits.
Quote from: inaluct's Status
Worn Equipment: (body) Opulent Green Clothes, (head) Worn Tactical Helmet, (feet) Drydbeast Leather Boots 

Quote from: Katsuun
I'll attempt to turn my steaks into some sort of stew with water.
| You take your remaining steaks and make a stew with them. It is quite filling, but it tastes horrible.
You gained 1 xp in cooking!
Quote from: Katsuun's Status
Worn Equipment: (body) Shabby Plain Clothes   

Locations

Ship Status: UNKNOWN

Agentar Docking Bays - Frelock , mechanics, docked ships, Alliance Starcruiser
The docking bays at Agentar are pretty good quality considering the planet's low population. It has room to house and service a few dozen starships and sees moderate traffic. Various mechanics scurry around from ship to ship, refueling and performing maintenance.
Agentar Regional Medical Center - Org, medical staff
Not exactly the white, sterile place you'd picture but clean enough. There is a constant flow of patients and staff hurrying down the halls. Medical Apparatus blink all around.
a Medical Clinic - Doc
A small clinic that sees a small amount of patients a day. Their injuries range from minor cuts and bruises to burns.
Adantis' Eatery - inaluct
A restaurant with moderate patronage. The rooms are dimly lit and the smell of smoke is in the air. Various types inhabit this place ranging from the well dressed to the downright thugish.
A Parts Shop, Agentar, Durgen - Shopkeep
This small building has been stuffed with all sorts of random components. The shopkeep is in and walks about the ailse of parts, tagging and dusting.
Spoiler: Parts Shop (click to show/hide)

I now have 5 people on the waiting list and am considering letting them in as a separate group. This could potentially lead to much slower / less frequent updating as I have other things I'd like to spend my time on also. If I do decide to let them on they will most likely be in a different system, several lightyears away. If they're added in, keep in mind the current player characters have no idea about these new people.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 09:39:29 am by Lear »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Interstellar RTD turn 15
« Reply #269 on: April 17, 2009, 05:01:24 pm »

Okay, I want more books while waiting.

Was I fed?
Because I have Hunger and thirst 0

And I am guessing Star Wars/40k(Most likely the latter of the two)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28