Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28

Author Topic: Interstellar RTD turn 24 - On hiatus for the time being =(  (Read 27444 times)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: Interstellar RTD (d10) - turn 7
« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2009, 07:30:48 pm »

Inaluct.

I'm fairly sure the capsules the Antimatter is stored in would be fine, since you know. It would have blown up by now, if it wasn't.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2009, 07:32:38 pm »

Didn't we just find a hyperdrive, not an engine? And didn't it look unstable?

And isn't the plasma cannon badly damaged? A badly damaged thing built to shoot plasma?

I think you should take apart the starfighter wing section instead.

Also, we don't know if any harmful radiation is coming from the antimatter.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2009, 07:34:21 pm »

Okay, replace the part where i try fixing the cannon, Ill dismantle the wing to get valuable parts

Lear

• Bay Watcher
  • IRO-Bot will never die.
    • View Profile
    • the-crowing-is-near on deviantArt.
Re: Interstellar RTD (d10) - turn 8
« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2009, 09:45:04 pm »

Turn 8.

Quote from: Org
First I ask Kat for a steak.
Ill dismantle the wing to get valuable parts
You ask Katsuun for a steak to eat. He (I'm assuming) glady gives one for you to eat. Yum. You then head back to the storage room and try to get anything valuable off the wing section. | You manage to remove a few pieces of sheet metal from the wing. They appear to be made of tritanium and in fairly bad condition. You are now left with a wing section frame. Upon closer inspection you realize there are also electronic components inside.
Quote from: Org's Status
Location: Storage, Kredillian 307 Freighter, in Orbit around Durgen   
Health: Unharmed
Hunger: 3 Thirst: 1
Worn Equipment: (body) Grey Average Clothes, (upper/lower body) Impacmesh Vest   
Spoiler: Inventory: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Attributes and Skills (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Frelock
I try to find a bar to grab a (<10cr) bite to eat, whilst listening for rumors and other useful information.
| Apparently, what Durgenians lack in junkyards, they make up for in pubs. You locate a paticular place, "The Whelm's Gut", and enter. The prices here seem reasonable and you purchase a Dryrdbeast Steak and some watered-down ale for 8 credits. You are no longer hungry or thirsty. | You don't hear much, mostly talk about the weather and growing conditions. You also hear news of recent pirate raids in the system, paticularly about raids on supply ships..
Quote from: Frelock's Status
Health: Unharmed.
Hunger: 0 Thirst: 0   
Worn Equipment: (body) Average Plain Clothes    

Quote from: Katsuun
I'll give anyone who asks a steak. Meanwhile, I'll try to scan the moon Giren from where we are.
You begin scanning Giren. | The surface you find, is mostly barren save for a few tiny mining outposts. You gain no other information as your scanner is quite limited.
You gained 1 xp toward Intermediate Scan/Comm Tech!
Quote from: Katsuun's Status
Location: Control Room, Kradellian 307 Freighter, in Orbit around Durgen   
Hunger: 3 Thirst: 3
Worn Equipment: (body) Shabby Plain Clothes   

Quote from: Chief Mate inaluct
I keep reading articles on the databank.
You continue browsing the databank articles. | All you find is more astronav plots and a few entries on visited systems. You find several references to a system, but its name always seems to missing from the entry.
You gained 1 xp in Astronavigation and reached Basic Data Search!
Quote from: inaluct's Status
Worn Equipment: (wielded, 1 handed) Tritanium Sword, (body) Opulent Green Clothes, (head) Worn Tactical Helmet, (feet) Drydbeast Leather Boots 

Quote from: Cpt. Kayell
I bring in more debris with the space claw.
| You manage to bring in 2 pieces of wreakage. | Woohoo. More sheet metal. | Two barrels of chemical fuel (2 units each). There doesn't appear to be too much else out here worth grabbing. You and inaluct work together adding the fuel to the tanks before returning to the control room.
You gained 1 xp in Gather Resource: Junk!
Quote from: Jay Kayell's Status
Location:   Control Room, Kradellian 307 Freighter, in Orbit around Durgen
Hunger: 4 Thirst: 1   
Worn Equipment: (body) Fine Red Clothes, (upper body) Durantium Chest Plate, (feet) Drydbeast Leather Boots    

Quote from: Doc
I store the keypad in my locker. After receiving news of us grabbing antimatter, I go to the databank and find any articles on antimatter.
You quietly store the container in your locker. Upon hearing of the antimatter catch, you head to the databank and look up information on antimatter. | Either there's no info on it in there or you just can't find it.
Quote from: Doc's Status
Location: Control Room, Kredillian 307 Freighter, in Orbit around Durgen      
Hunger: 4 Thirst: 3   

Kradellian 307 Freighter
Spoiler: Ship Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Systems (click to show/hide)

Rooms

Control Room Occupants: inaluct, Doc, Cpt. Kayell, Katsuun
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mess Hall / Lounge Occupants:
This room contains a few dirty tables and chairs throughout. To the mid-left is a basic cooking unit and storage boxes along with a water tank that reads (174/200).

Crew Quarters Occupants:
Spoiler: Org's Locker (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frelock's Locker (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Doc's Locker (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: inaluct's Locker (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Katsuun's Locker (click to show/hide)

Practically empty save for a few lockers and cots leaned up against the walls. Medical Apparatus has been set up here.

Ladder between Upper and Lower Levels
Exit Hatch

Maintenance Access
Small crawl spaces that allow access to power relays and other systems.

Storage Room / Cargo Hatch Occupants: Org
The largest room of the ship and also the most empty. There is nothing here save for a large hatch in the floor which is remotely controlled.
Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Engine Room 
Here are housed the two chemical turbine engines that propel the ship. The excess heat generated helps power the ship's systems. It is quite warm in here.

"The Whelm's Gut" Occupants: Frelock, barkeep, various patrons
A small eating establishment that seems on the mediocre side. It seems decent enough for the price however.

A Parts Shop, Agentar, Durgen Occupants: Shopkeep
This small building has been stuffed with all sorts of random components. The shopkeep is in and walks about the ailse of parts, tagging and dusting.
Spoiler: Parts Shop (click to show/hide)

Debris Field
A small debris field that seems to be the untouched remnants of a battle in the distant past. There are various starcruiser parts floating around, most seem to be heavily damaged or melted.

In Orbit Around Durgen
The only thing visible aside from the deeps of space and the planet itself is Durgen's moon, Giren. The moon seems to be mostly barren but it seems to have a thin, pinkish colored atmosphere. From orbit the night side of Durgen is visible. The only features visible are the lights from a few settlements.
Those were the days, The End Complete.
deviantART - My artworks, let me show you them!

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2009, 10:13:05 pm »

I'll try to call one of those mining colonies using the comm system to inquire on the nature of their mining efforts, like what they are drilling for and such.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2009, 10:15:49 pm »

I'll head down to the dock, and hire myself out for ship repair again.

By the way, I'd like to point out that you have enough fuel for the hauling job, though barely.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 10:17:37 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2009, 10:44:36 pm »

We need MOAR fuel. So. Uh.

I try to find useful/valuable pieces of debris using the scanner. Or just looking outside and using my eyes.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2009, 10:48:28 pm »

I look for articles with titles like "How To Survive Hyperspace" and "How to Avoid Getting Everyone on Your Ship Killed When You Try to Enter Hyperspace, and Look Cool at the Same Time."

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2009, 02:15:44 pm »

If Doc finds any valuable debris I use the space claw to bring it in. If he doesn't I land the ship in the Agentar spaceport.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 13, 2009, 04:52:58 pm »

Ill try getting valuable components from the cannon(unless someone wants to keep it to try fixing it later), the wing, and the Hyperdrive.

So, Should I strip the cannon, or leave it?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 13, 2009, 04:59:31 pm »

Leave the cannon.  I've the engineering skills needed to repair it, and the weapons proficiency for that type of weapon.  It will be far more useful to us on the ship itself.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 13, 2009, 05:01:19 pm »

I leave the cannon alone

Lear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 13, 2009, 05:05:34 pm »

What is your action then?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 13, 2009, 05:08:15 pm »

Ill try getting valuable components from the wing, and the Hyperdrive.

Lear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interstellar RTD (d10) - turn 9
« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2009, 05:44:24 pm »

Turn 9!

Quote from: Katsuun
I'll try to call one of those mining colonies using the comm system to inquire on the nature of their mining efforts, like what they are drilling for and such.
| You attempt to make contact with the mining outposts, but it seems the debris field is interfering with the comm-waves.
Quote from: Katsuun's Status
Hunger: 4 Thirst: 4
Worn Equipment: (body) Shabby Plain Clothes   

Quote from: Frelock
I'll head down to the dock, and hire myself out for ship repair again.
| You're able to get a temporary job welding hull plates together. It doesn't pay much, but at least you learn how to repair a hull breach! After your work is finished, the chief mechanic pays you 18 credits.
You reached Basic Repair: Hull!
Quote from: Frelock's Status
Hunger: 1 Thirst: 1   

Quote from: Doc
I try to find useful/valuable pieces of debris using the scanner. Or just looking outside and using my eyes.
You begin scanning for any valuable debris. | You locate a crate of medical supplies!
You gained 1 xp to Basic Scan/Comm Tech!
Quote from: Doc's Status
Location: Control Room, Kredillian 307 Freighter, in Orbit around Durgen      
Hunger: 4 Thirst: 3   

Quote from: Chief Mate inaluct
I look for articles with titles like "How To Survive Hyperspace" and "How to Avoid Getting Everyone on Your Ship Killed When You Try to Enter Hyperspace, and Look Cool at the Same Time."
|You punch in your search and amazingly locate both "How To Survive Hyperspace" and "How to Avoid Getting Everyone on Your Ship Killed When You Try to Enter Hyperspace, and Look Cool at the Same Time"! You read both, learning the basics of what it's like in Hyperspace. Hyperspace you find out, is a dimension attached to our own, only space is compressed. The odd thing about this is objects that enter Hyperspace are not compressed and remain the same size, thus allowing access to distance stars. You also learn that even if a successful jump is made, if the ship's shields are not at maximum there is a risk of what is known as "Hyperspacial Collision" aka traveling through clouds of microscopic dust particles at what should be speeds faster than light (only your going below the speed of light according to realspace). The results are not pretty. One final note you read is that a ship must be at the edge of a star system to make a jump. You continue searching but you stumble upon corrupted data! The databank shuts down and is in the process of rebooting. You are unsure how long that will take.
You gained 1 xp in Basic Data Search!
Quote from: inaluct's Status
Worn Equipment: (wielded, 1 handed) Tritanium Sword, (body) Opulent Green Clothes, (head) Worn Tactical Helmet, (feet) Drydbeast Leather Boots 

Quote from: Cpt. Kayell
If Doc finds any valuable debris I use the space claw to bring it in. If he doesn't I land the ship in the Agentar spaceport.
| You manage to bring in the crate of medical supplies with the space claw. Doc tells you that there isn't much else of value out here according to his scans.
You reached Intermediate (+1) Gather Resource: Junk!
Quote from: Jay Kayell's Status
Location:   Control Room, Kradellian 307 Freighter, in Orbit around Durgen
Hunger: 4 Thirst: 1   
Worn Equipment: (body) Fine Red Clothes, (upper body) Durantium Chest Plate, (feet) Drydbeast Leather Boots    

Quote from: Org
Ill try getting valuable components from the wing, and the Hyperdrive.
| You manage to strip the last of the components from the wing section. While they don't look very useful, you realize you might be able to get some credits for them. You then turn your attention to the Class II Hyperdrive. | You try and pry the thing open and manage to snap a wire that was seemingly powering the containment shell. You step back as the Hyperdrive begins rattling and glowing purple!
Quote from: Org's Status
Location: Storage, Kredillian 307 Freighter, in Orbit around Durgen   
Hunger: 3 Thirst: 1
Worn Equipment: (body) Grey Average Clothes, (upper/lower body) Impacmesh Vest   

Kradellian 307 Freighter
Spoiler: Ship Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Systems (click to show/hide)

Rooms

Control Room Occupants: inaluct, Doc, Cpt. Kayell, Katsuun
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mess Hall / Lounge Occupants:
This room contains a few dirty tables and chairs throughout. To the mid-left is a basic cooking unit and storage boxes along with a water tank that reads (174/200).

Crew Quarters Occupants:
Spoiler: Org's Locker (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frelock's Locker (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Doc's Locker (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: inaluct's Locker (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Katsuun's Locker (click to show/hide)

Practically empty save for a few lockers and cots leaned up against the walls. Medical Apparatus has been set up here.

Ladder between Upper and Lower Levels
Exit Hatch

Maintenance Access
Small crawl spaces that allow access to power relays and other systems.

Storage Room / Cargo Hatch Occupants: Org
The largest room of the ship and also the most empty. There is nothing here save for a large hatch in the floor which is remotely controlled.
Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Engine Room 
Here are housed the two chemical turbine engines that propel the ship. The excess heat generated helps power the ship's systems. It is quite warm in here.

Agentar Docking Bays Occupants: Frelock, mechanics, docked ships
The docking bays at Agentar are pretty good quality considering the planet's low population. It has room to house and service a few dozen starships and sees moderate traffic. Various mechanics scurry around from ship to ship, refueling and performing maintenance.

A Parts Shop, Agentar, Durgen Occupants: Shopkeep
This small building has been stuffed with all sorts of random components. The shopkeep is in and walks about the ailse of parts, tagging and dusting.
Spoiler: Parts Shop (click to show/hide)

Debris Field
A small debris field that seems to be the untouched remnants of a battle in the distant past. There are various starcruiser parts floating around, most seem to be heavily damaged or melted.

In Orbit Around Durgen
The only thing visible aside from the deeps of space and the planet itself is Durgen's moon, Giren. The moon seems to be mostly barren but it seems to have a thin, pinkish colored atmosphere. From orbit the night side of Durgen is visible. The only features visible are the lights from a few settlements.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28