Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Insane Difficulty  (Read 8006 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Insane Difficulty
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2009, 05:03:06 am »

As far as catapults go, would they help players against the numerous sieges at all?

Also, about the taking away wood conundrum. Would something like "10 stacks of plump helmets = 50% chance at 1 wood" seem difficult enough?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2009, 07:15:58 am »

With traps; why not just remove the ability of Dwarves to create cages all together? Then drop the damage on weapons and the damage resistance on armor, if you make everything half (or even a quarter) as effective then all of a sudden those trained champions wearing steel become vital for anything other than chasing away wildlife, and the Adamantine starts looking like a very good idea.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2009, 07:17:36 am »

Already did that Neruz, cages are hardcoded in apparently, and I can't remove them.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2009, 08:17:29 am »

If you want flaming death so bad, just make a civ have dragonbreath?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2009, 09:13:26 am »

Already did that Neruz, cages are hardcoded in apparently, and I can't remove them.

Really? Just don't use them then.

If you're still finding the game easy with the Orc mod and all weapons\armor at 25% usual effectiveness then i'm not sure what to say; except possibly that you need to lay off on the elaborate magma death traps.

Hmm, maybe an Ogre race for the serious masochists...

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2009, 10:29:12 am »

i heartily endorse this thread.

what about seaside maps? everyone has heard of zombie whales, but players who have actually experienced them are few  and far between. how about having it so embarking on a coast or large lake garuntees an influx of amphibious aquatic horrors? there is already the sea monster creature, which i have yet to meet, but large horrible unique swimming things would be nice.

also, ive heard something about aquatic civs and the problems in making them, and i know that creatures cant carry weapons without the civ tags. would it be possible to give merpeople crossbows or something to have the wicked little bastards snipe at your fishermen from the water?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2009, 10:46:06 am »

Not to my knowledge, no you can't.

For one, as you said, non-civ creatures will never spawn with weapons in tow. Also, while I'm pretty sure that arrows can hit things no different z-levels, creatures can't see things on different z-levels.

Now, if there were some way of replicating the mad, suicidal aggression that undead creatures have, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but their simply isn't a tag that does it.

Maybe once the new version comes out, it'll have better modding potential.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 25, 2009, 08:10:30 am »

Time to update this, me supposes.

I hate goblins, because they're sterile and weak! What's a good creature to replace goblins with?

Points for creativity.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 25, 2009, 09:05:07 am »

Alright, I have no idea how reactions work, would anyone give this a quick looksie to see if everything's in order?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 25, 2009, 09:27:47 am »

The xenomorphs from the aliens movie?

Tentacle demons?

bigger, meaner, tougher, organised bands of homicidal elephants?

Carpmen?

Zombies?

Aliens from the predator movie?

Giant tribbles?

Trees?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2009, 09:40:41 am »

HMMM... I just had a brilliant idea.

Is it possible to have a mountable creature also Civ?

And if so, can a creature that's mounted also have EQUIPS?

and if so, can a creature that is riding another creature be mounted?

IF SO, then imagine this: a crossbowman riding on the shoulders of a crossbowman that is riding on the shoulders of another crossbowman that is riding on the shoulders of another crossbowman.

A living, walking, armored, arrow-slinging totem pole of doom!

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2009, 12:34:34 pm »

When you said that, the first image that came to my mind was of those little annoying pygmies from diablo 2. In any case, I think that it might not work, because as far as I know, only pets can be ridden and slavery isn't implemented yet.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 25, 2009, 12:39:50 pm »

YOU MUST UPLOAD THIS SOMETIME!!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2009, 04:58:32 pm »

I've returned Elephants to their former status as the cantankerous killers of DF.

I did this by:

Removing BENIGN, which implies peaceful behavior.
Adding LARGE_PREDATOR.
Adding CLUSTER_SIZE:30:70
adding population:150:300
making BIOME:ALL_MAIN
and adding BUILDINGDESTROYER:2

In my test fort, A very large herd of elephants arrived, but they're sort of chilling on the edge of the map, not doing anything. How come? Is it because I also removed MEANDERING?

Also, I removed goblins, and replaced them with titans.

I need some feedback on my smelter reaction up there.

Also, I'm trying to devise ways to make permanent underground living possible, but incredibly impractical/short-lived, necessitating contact with the outside.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 25, 2009, 06:46:15 pm »

I've returned Elephants to their former status as the cantankerous killers of DF.

I did this by:

Removing BENIGN, which implies peaceful behavior.
Adding LARGE_PREDATOR.
Adding CLUSTER_SIZE:30:70
adding population:150:300
making BIOME:ALL_MAIN
and adding BUILDINGDESTROYER:2

In my test fort, A very large herd of elephants arrived, but they're sort of chilling on the edge of the map, not doing anything. How come? Is it because I also removed MEANDERING?

Also, I removed goblins, and replaced them with titans.

I need some feedback on my smelter reaction up there.

Also, I'm trying to devise ways to make permanent underground living possible, but incredibly impractical/short-lived, necessitating contact with the outside.
What type of Titans?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10