Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: A new world...  (Read 8455 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: A new world...
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2009, 08:10:14 am »

I have been here for a very short time considered to most, but it seems very sad to have people like you, Kagus, who have been in this community for a long time, want to leave.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2009, 08:24:31 am »

I'm arguably responsible for a portion of the stuff some of you are complaining about. I just had to say that.

;)
Well yeah, at least you admit it. Actually just think that what's gonna happen if more people -like yourself- will join to the forum. Sometimes you make 50-60 posts on a single day, and most of those posts are..well...I better won't explain I think. I think it's acceptable if someone makes 1-2 nonsensical/"spammish" posts on a day, but that's it. You know what I mean, don't you? Either way, like I've said already, if Toady is ok with this, I don't care that much. However I am not sure about the future of this forum. Hopefully Kagus won't be right, and this place won't turn into the paradise of the spammers.

Anyway, I feel this is a non-issue. No-one in VN would be stupid or mean spirited enough to spam other parts of the forum. And Toady can deal with people who do.

Actually that happened already. Even Toady's stickied dev. topic was derailed a couple of days ago..it was like a topic in the VN subforum for a couple of hours...also, lot of topics are getting spammed nowadays.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 08:30:25 am by Tormy »

codezero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2009, 08:47:02 am »

It's not completely freepress, i've been warned twice, and I won't be warned again.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 08:57:40 am by codezero »

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2009, 09:02:34 am »

Well...
I don't know. But the trend is, yes, change will lead to a massive disorders, and so, a massive lowment (is that a word?) in quailities.
Anyway, this happens because MORE people are playing DF, they like the fora, they were bored playing DF, waiting for the next version, bored, SPAM SPAM SPAM.

I would estimate that 88 % of nonsense in VN will be replaced by the same number of posts in Gameplay Question, Modding, Dwarf Mode, and General Discussion forum. And Bug Reports, never forget them.

But that part will ran only in May or beyond, so we have a month to worry about VN's state, and then we shall happily slaughtering RAEPING ELVES!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2009, 12:04:32 pm »

I'm arguably responsible for a portion of the stuff some of you are complaining about. I just had to say that.
Well yeah, at least you admit it. You filthy spammer, etc.

Well, ironically, I'm not the one doing most of the roleplayingish stuff in VN anymore, and the vast majority of things that I've caused have been unintentional. The Declaration of Independence? Mostly a joke. I didn't expect it to have a point where messages were coming at IRC speed within the first few days, and I didn't expect it to turn into the largest topic on VN and spawn countless other topics dedicated to board politics.

And the penguins? Originally, I just made my own avatar after you didn't recognize me in some topic. You, Tormy. You made me realize that I should really get an avatar. And then people started asking for them, and it sort of spiraled out of control.

And look at the first page of my most recent posts. I don't see a mountain of spam. I see one damn fine LP of an obscure SNES game (shameless plug). And some miscellaneous Forum Game posts. Although I might not post as often as I used to in the Dwarf Fortress section, mostly because I only play every week or so, I will post, once the new version is out.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2009, 06:08:22 pm »

[sic]

Fine. Leave, and I hope you find whatever you are looking for in another forum and have a great time. Just remember that nothing lasts forever and eventually that place won't suit your needs either.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2009, 08:09:55 pm »

People are just bored because the new version is taking forever to come out. I bet you that a majority of the main forumgoers here don't actually play DF on a regular basis any more.

'sides, there's also an influx of stupidity for some reason though for the most part, it stays inside the Various Nonsense board. I think while certain members act like they own the place, they are complete cowards outside their... "territory".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2009, 08:11:41 pm »

Stop comparing people to animals Umiman.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2009, 08:18:45 pm »

Penguins, josh, penguins

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2009, 08:24:02 pm »

Just saying, I don't pretend to own VN or anything like that. I didn't originally plan to declare myself Prime Minister in that topic, but people started saying that I was the Prime Minister, so I put it on the charter. And now people talk about it more.

I'm really a victim. I'm so misunderstood. Angst, whine, etc.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2009, 08:25:12 pm »

I believe I came here right before it all went to hell.
Wow.. that was... wow.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2009, 08:29:03 pm »

Just saying, I don't pretend to own VN or anything like that. I didn't originally plan to declare myself Prime Minister in that topic, but people started saying that I was the Prime Minister, so I put it on the charter. And now people talk about it more.

I'm really a victim. I'm so misunderstood. Angst, whine, etc.

A victim of his own inanity.

Good times

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2009, 08:46:28 pm »

I guess I should cover my ass by saying that I certainly didn't declare myself Baron of the Forum, it was some kind of popularity contest.  I'm still not sure why I won.

I don't do anything with that supposed authority except make the occassional joke, and shut down Sniper Joe's anime excesses.  Even then, I don't really care.

I don't participate in any of the Roleplaying threads.  I actively avoid them, and ignore them when they crop up.  Likewise, I have nothing to do with anime, and I tried (unsuccessfully) to derail the blood fetish thread into something harmless.

For whatever I have to say about how no one has any right to rule what is or isn't acceptable behavior (besides Toady's authority as proprietor obviously, and his only rules are nothing illegal or overtly abusive), I am certainly not King Big Shit of Turd Mountain.  I make no presumption that is any such thing as acceptable behavior.

But Kagus, yes you are trying to say what is or isn't allowable.  Not by directly stating as such, but by parading in, as if we should've been expecting your grace, and trying to chastise and guilt everyone into acting like your imaginary recollection of the board.

Times change, and people change, including the people who hang around here.  Lest I speak for too many people, Sean Mirrsen, Cthulhu, and Tormy have considerably more right to "old guard" status than you do, and none of them seem to mind the cultural drift.  You've appointed yourself representative of some class of elder statesmen, looking down on people entertaining themselves in ways you consider demeaning.  I'd say this is true, in that it appears this "old guard" you think you represent consists entirely of yourself.

You had no problem ignoring the subforum for a month before, why the sudden urge to speak up about it now?  Why come back just to tell us you want to move on to greener pastures, except as some vain attempt to make everyone stop whatever they were doing so as to hold onto your presence?  Do wherever you like, enjoy yourself in whatever way you want when you get there, or here if you prefer.  But if you're going to keep making a big show about supposedly ignoring us, then don't let the door hit you on the way out.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2009, 08:51:48 pm »

He sounds likes a high elf, man.

Of course I may have been playing too much Oblivion.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2009, 09:05:33 pm »

He sounds likes a high elf, man.

Of course I may have been playing too much Oblivion.

Oh god, he does!

In a semi-related note, I will try to stem the anime flood coming from my posts recently.
If we had a thread for it though, I would in all chances stop spamming it around.
(No, I will not make the thread.)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6